Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband switch deals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭savemejebus

No, the posts I'm thinking of were giving people warnings about the customer service they can expect from Eir if something goes wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

that would be more for consumer issues than bargain alerts im guessing

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ConorC1

They didn't mention anything about a new router. I've had the same one since I moved in 3 years ago Gigabox shg3000. Should they be giving me a new one?

Half the posts here are more for somewhere else than bargain alerts if we go down that road, I just find it curious that posts are removed with no notifications to posters or anything.

moderators are probably to busy to message the author of every post they delete, you can always ask one of them and see what they say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭DUBLIN_person

May be of value to someone:

Eir contract out on Monday for FTTC. FTTH has been available since Feb, signed up with Pure on €30 OBS offer for FTTH
    Had Circet out today for install, I had a duct which they feed the fibre cable through blocked.

Was informed that Eir/Sky/Vodafone all will pay for the Civils team to do the ground work required to unblock - Pure won’t.

Ended up cancelling with Pure, rang Eir Loyalty team and was offered new customer rate of €34.99 for the FTTH 500mb product to stay, took that…

Agent on the phone asked me about install date for FTTH and confirmed appointment but nothing in writing yet, will ring again next week to confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,053 ✭✭✭CoBo55

If you have working ftth why didn't the installer pull the fibre in with the now redundant copper cable, that's how my install was done.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

I have FTTH from NBI line. Is the change of provider a seemless transaction if I go for a better deal? New provider new box??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Has anyone been supplied with a Fritx box by Pure lately. I was disappointed to be supplied with a Huawei today in the post!

It's actually a very good router I've never had to touch it since the day of installation, it has WiFi 6 which the fritzbox doesn't have that's why they're using it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

No bother, I'm delighted with the Pure service. I have the router plugged into a smart socket which was scheduled to power off for 10 minutes weekly when I had VM, I disabled the schedule and never had to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

What’s the best offer around right now? Currently paying 80 with Virgin out of contract for 1gb…nearly afraid to go with Eir due to bad reviews (and their 4g looks to have better performance than their 5g going by Twitter).

So i am open to any suggestions if anyone has any.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 delerium1

Anyone have a number for Eir loyalty team?

What's available to you? Can you get ftth? I'm very happy with Pure, not a hitch since it was installed in April.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

My Eir BB year contract expires in August. I also have 4 mobiles on the account. Does anyone know if I change BB providers can the mobiles still carry on with Eir?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Tony H

mobiles can carry on but you will loose any discounts over having them bundled with the broadband .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Virgin tv and bb due next month and virgin only offering what we are on. Initial bill was in my name then moved it to wife now might move it back to my name. Take it I'll get new customer prices even though address is the same? Any existing customers try to negotiate new deal with virgin

Only issue I have is changing all the WiFi pw for all the WiFi appliances etc around the house hue etc. Last time virgin gave us a new modem had to return old one it was right Pain. I have own Asus router and getting virgin to change mode pain.

Take it I can just change new password to old password and no need to change all pw for appliances ie hue, alarm, Alexa?

Also I thought sky where sharing virgin lines yet when I insert eircode into sky website it's not available? Virgin have monopoly in my estate

Pretty much yeah, just go into the router and change the wifi ssd and password to match your existing setup. Everything should then connect as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭cathy427

Any existing vodafone customers get a good price to stay with them once the first year offer is over?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭cathy427

BBrilliant . Did you have to threaten to leave/get as far as the cancellation/ customer retention team?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Rang them a month from contract end and asked what their best offer was. They told me, I said I'd have to move to Sky so they said give them a sec and then made me the 30 offer. All done in 2 mins. That was back in April, don't think the 30 is still available but no harm asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

VM still does not have 2GB in D15 yet. And Vodafone is cheaper. Probably switch next month.

All Eyes On Rafah

I rang them and asked how much notice I needed to give to end my contract and they asked why and I said I had a better offer so they gave me an upgrade to 1gb for €30 a month so less money and faster service

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭thejuggler

I’m just out of contract with Eir 500mb FTTH I gather the price will go up to €74 per month (includes landline) I’m happy to move supplier and lose the landline - are sky the only provider that will not require a reinstall and/or change of modem? Don’t want the hassle of a full fibre installation again.

Give them a ring before doing anything they might make you an offer to stay. You don't need a full installation again, you will get a new router if you change provider but it's easy to just change the SSID and password to the old ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

Was on 35e/month with Virgin, went up to 70e so cancelled it at start of month. Got a text yesterday for 35e/month for 12 month contract so now I'm back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Raoul

What do you need 2GB for? Seems insane to me that a regular household would require that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Tony H

Had an interesting few phone calls with eir over the last few day ,I'm on the 1 gig broadband and was stuck in a contract for two years that went from €45 to €63 , so I rang up to cancel ,

First guy I was onto was giving me a great bargain (in his opinion. ) of €73 a month but this was only on a two year contract , I politely declined and told him I want to cancel,

After cancelling I got a phone call from the eir retention team , went down to €55 a month still on a two year contract , told him nope and said I was going with pure , he then proceeded to tell me that I can't get Pure on Open Eir fibre , and that eir would be the cheapest option , I told him this was BS and said no thanks ,

Next day I get a call from the tier 2 retention team and he went down to €45 but still only for a two year contract,

I told him nope and said one year only, eventually he gave in and gave me a 12 month contract @€45 which I could renegotiate next may for the same again 🤔

I took this offer and transferred two mobiles from gomo to eir which saved me another €10 so effectively I get the broadband for €35 ,

So I'm still with eir but I'm happy enough with what I got .

Advertisement