Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amd 3100 to 5700 for 146euro ?

Options
  • 02-06-2024 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭

During covid I put together a B550 and system but I cheaped out on the CPU due to the price gouging at the time. I totally got away with it as my 3100 & 1660 TI was a great combo for 1080p gaming

It was always on the cards to upgrade the CPU if the price was right. So is a 5700x for 146e delivered from amazon.de the sweet spot?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,244 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's a bit more than a doubling of your total CPU power, and more games are 8 core friendly these days. So it's a significant jump for a fairly low price. Don't forget the BIOS upgrade first to make sure it's supported.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭romperstomper

I wonder if it is worth using my old parts to make a PC for the kids or am I just fooling myself? I'll have a 3100, CPU cooler and 1030GT in the parts pile so I'd mobo, ram, ssd & PSU (have an old case already)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,244 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

1030GT's are junk for gaming purposes, but it doesn't sound like they'd be doing anything too demanding, presumably just the kids favourites of Roblox and Minecraft, where it should suffice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭romperstomper

I have just installed a 5700x (still with 1660 TI). What games would be suitable to show off the capability the system has? (Q behind the Q, "how will I know the difference in gaming")

Any of the more recent AAA titles would. A few examples I can think of would the any of the recent Assassin's Creed titles, Valhalla onwards, or The Last of Us.

• Advertisement
Advertisement