Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,382 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

The state of Dublin City. The council have simply given up any pretence of caring. Sickening.

Actually this is not a trivial annoyance. Wrong thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

Hayfever symptoms. Just fck right off!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭Archeron

My fitbit forced an update and after the update totally fecked itself up. Disconnected from the phone and wouldn't reconnect, wiped all my settings and changed the display. In addition it now thinks im exercising all the time and keeps buzzing on my wrist. If I went for a gentle saunter through a field of daffodils, it would start beeping and thinking im running somewhere.

I wish tech companies would stop breaking our stuff

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 30,102 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Start taking the meds 1st June, no matter what the pollen count… helps avoid being caught off guard by the first high grass pollen count day.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement

Thank you!! I’ve to get a prescription this week so I’ll get them, absolutely horrific this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Use your bearing to figure out where you are on the loop?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

My fitbit started that sh1te around Christmas. Buzzing at me constantly because it thinks I'm exercising while eating a sandwich. I had to set all the targets to ridiculous figures to fool it. It's basically become an expensive watch now that tracks my sleep.

I whinged at my husband a while ago that he should help me make dinner because it's such a big job. Now he's helping make dinner regularly and I hate it. He's too slow and awkward and I have zero patience. He doesn't understand what a 'squish' of tomato paste is ffs! Damn his helpfulness!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

If you want to duck out of a job do it badly, sounds like a case of that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

I have two cats and a fcuking mouse just ran across my living room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭Archeron

There's enough bird sh*te on my car to make my own small Pacific island :(

Gonna take it for a wash, but I'll need a shovel more so than a brush.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,730 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Watched Four Weddings & A Funeral last night. Expected a fun caper but it was boring, predictable and worst of all, it reminded me of how much I loathe weddings.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You're probably too old for it, had you watched it in your 20s, I'd say you'd have had a different reaction.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,730 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Repeat after me: "Hmph! Youngsters, nowadays..."

• Registered Users Posts: 30,102 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

When I see candidates being wobbily hoisted in the air at election count centres after being elected… my impending accident spidey sense starts tingling.

Do they not remember poor Steve Morrow!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭apache

When a glass falls and breaks on a TV show or movie and when they start to pick it up they always end up cutting themselves. Always.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭ruth...less

When you accidentally smash a glass that has milk/orange juice/ fizzy drink..something sticky in it!

I know where the saying 'no point crying over spilt milk' comes from!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

This may soon advance beyond a TA but hopefully not :-(

Son was going to do a website for my wife well he never really got around to doing anything except registering a domain name. So my wife asked me to do it. Well after quite a few TA's I had hosting and domain set up.

Now my problem is that having decided on using wordpress (another TA as I didn't want to use wordpress) I spent ages looking at templates and can't find a single one thats suitable. Why I'm writing this is because having just found one I liked it is the only template that fails to work - db errors.

A new major TA is that while tying a post every time the bloody advert changes the cursor disappears and I have to click back to where I was writing.

Wake me up when it's all over.

You’re both welcome to join my webinar on how to deal with these whippersnappers …

Go to www.inmydayyoungster.ie to sign up!!

54 and I have days I feel 87!!

• Advertisement

I know this isn’t trivial in the grand scheme of things and I appreciate mental health it’s important - sure I have GAD/OCD myself. I can see how offering helplines after programmes might be needed.

But with the climax of Kin not long back and now Casualty - why spoil the drama?? “Tonight Rash tries to take his own life”.

“Scenes of attempted suicide” possibly but why would we bother watching a drama if we know what’s going to happen???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭ruth...less

When you eat out but you get too full half way through and can't finish the meal.

You have too much pride to ask to take the leftovers home and don't want to be carrying it around with you all night but then the next day when the hunger sets in...you want that food!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Charlo30

When a hangover hits you in the middle of the afternoon

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Trivial and irrational, but, people standing up on the bus, when there are empty seats. 🤷‍♀️

• Registered Users Posts: 13,708 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I've posted this very TA on numerous occasions. Also, the goobers who won't move past the centre doors on a full bus when there's loads of standing room down the back.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Aaaaaaand the seat blockers, either bag on seat or noggin stuck in a phone, especially because for the most part they look around before the purposeful ignorance

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Charlo30

On the public transport front. People who arrive at the bus stop in good time. But only when the bus pulls up and they get on do they start rooting for their change or leap cards. And delaying every one else

• Registered Users Posts: 13,708 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Also, people who don't respect the "get on the bus in the order you arrived at the bus stop" system. I get that this is more difficult at busy stops that are served by a number of buses, but the stop I used to get on at when I lived at home was a single route one.

This seems to be very much a cultural thing, ime.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

People in shop queues - or rather they should be in the queue - but they stand right beside you instead, as you are being served.

Happened to me today.

• Advertisement

People who block the doors of the LUAS when it gets to the stop and won’t move.

May they be infected with vampire pubic lice.

Advertisement