Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 2024 (Munster And Leinster Championships,Liam McCarthy Cup)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭High bike

Should be included in the hilights the game was that bad

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Rubbish refereeing? He gave Galway 10+ frees in the last 20 minutes without giving Dublin anything. Completely folded to the crowd. Have a look at the free count. He kept ye in it ffs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,887 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Ye are in the semi and that is really all that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Charlie69

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Montys return

3 wins 2 draws and 1 loss is Dublins record against Galway since 2018.

6 years in a row Galway have failed to win Leinster. Every team in Munster has knocked Kilkenny out of the championship bar Clare in that time, Galway haven't managed to beat Kilkenny in a big game (non round robin) despite all the chances they've had.

Not sure where your superiority complex comes from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭YabaDabaDooley

Very bad day at the office for Dublin hurling. One step forward v Galway and three steps back on the big stage in Leinster final.

Dublin have a healthy head to head v Galway and Wexford down the years but it's a different story against Kilkenny. One solitary win under Anthony Daly in 2013 the only time in approx 90 years. Are Dublin spooked by the stripey jerseys?

I was optimistic Dublin could make it competetive while also realising if Kilkenny started well it could be a long night.

Some of Dublin's decision making and first touch was miles off for this standard. So many balls fumbled and intercepted. It was really poor stuff and sucked the life out of the crowd very early.

If it wasn't bad enough to gift TJ Reid his first goal with a goalkeeping error the second TJ goal you wouldn't see U14s messing around like that. How Brennan hit it to P Smyth with the defenders back turned to him i couldn't believe how poor that was. It epitomised Dublin's night. Calamitous stuff.

Kilkenny hurled at a higher tempo, their stickwork and touch was on a different level. Once they get a lead it can get away from you fairly quickly. Better teams than Dublin have suffered similiar fate.

After a couple days it will be back training for Dublin. As bad as last night was it is still a decent year for the hurlers. Reaching the Leinster final is an achievement in itself.

Looking like Cork next up and even if Dublin improve a fair bit it is going to be a tall order. More than likely that will be the end of the road for Dublin's year but it would be nice to restore a bit of pride in the jersey and give Cork more to worry about than Kilkenny had to last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 challengerbell

Depressing listen and watch yesterday. I was actually left with a low mood after. Martys tone on the radio set my mood. Like a funeral.

Marty also on about "the thousands of Dublin fans in the hill, but of course Dublin love their hurling" and later how "a huge crowd has turned up for this". Imagine my surprise when I get in the door for the last 25 and turned on the TV.

35,000 at best, at a double header of finals. I'd say 10,000 in for the Joe Mc with Dublin and Kilkenny bringing 25,000. So basically the same as last year. Lets see the pundits lambast Kilkenny and Dublins fans now, I wont hold my breath?!

The Leinster championship is dead. Results like Antrim Wexford, Kilkenny Carlow wont save it. Attendances have been brutal with the average barely over 6k.

Wexford fighting for their lives at home to Galway, their last home game this year, 6000 turn up.

Less that 3000 in Nowlan Park for Kilkenny Antrim. Even less at Carlow Dublin.

Kilkenny sleep walk into an All Ireland semi final even absorbing a draw with Carlow and hardly a word said about it.

Munster is entertaining, energetic and bringing too big of crowds to touch yet a change is needed to balance the championship. But risk the product that is Munster to do that? Currently hurlings only real product.

Preliminary qf and the Quarter Finals are ignored by the gaa. Throw them on anytime. Who cares sure there's tailteann cup games to show.

As a showcase, the hurling championship now is 11 Munster games, AI semi finals and final. 14 games. We can't keep going like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

Fancy Limerick again today, will have too much for Clare. Hope I’m wrong though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,449 ✭✭✭MfMan

Since 2018 also, Galway's record v Kilkenny is 4 wins, 3 draws, 3 defeats. Dublin's record v Kilkenny is deplorable. My superiority complex comes from knowing that we are (and Wexford usually) at least competitive against Kilkenny and don't give up after 10 minutes. Dublin don't get any medals from beating Galway alone I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,065 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

All this Galway talk reminds me of all the sht talk about Limerick after 2007. Everyone boasting about how Waterford wouldn't have rolled over like Limerick did and that was the real final that "everyone wanted".

Then Waterford got their chance.

Or people who still say Kilkenny will "never give up" in a final and will always be in it till the last minute despite 2 comprehensive beatings in the last 5 years.

And let's not forget about Corks "Corkness" in 2021.

If Galway wants to show what they "would have done" against Kilkenny then actually get to the final. Otherwise it might be best to quiet down a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Mad about baa baas

While I agree with you in the majority of that there is a difference between giving up and being comprehensively beaten by a better team..i think kilkenny kept trying to the end in those finals but were not good enough

Ya I would agree. Dublin were also just beaten by a far superior team yesterday.

I was more laughing at the narrative difference between Kilkenny (or whoever) getting battered and Dublin getting battered in some people's minds. The whole "X team gave up but Y team never would" despite every team being on the recieving end of some serious hammerings is just daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Limerick by 6

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

In the build up to yesterdays final i listened to quite a few pundits on radio and podcasts and just about every single one were giving Dublin a great chance. Some even predicted a Dublin win like Mark Landers, Shane McGrath and Shane Stapleton. Michael Verney called a draw with Kilkenny to win in extra time. Dalo gave Dublin great chance. There was a lot of faith in this Dublin team. Hindsight might make this look a little unwise now but there was a lot of confidence (outside of Kilkenny) that Dublin would at the very least show up and be competetive. Dublin are probably not as good as they looked v Galway where David Burke's sending off was a bit of a game changer but Dublin are probably not as bad as they looked yeseterday, either.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Montys return

In 6 games against Dublin in that time, you beat them once. That's deplorable.

If ye were good enough, ye would have qualified. Ye just aren't good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Robson99

And we have the sum total of **** all won while at least KK have bagged Leinster titles. Galway are where they deserve to be….watching on TV… we got 1 point out of Wexford, KK and Dublin. A KK team missing some of there better players. Embarrassing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭C__MC

The leinster championship is back to its pre 2009 days. Kilkenny sleep walking it. Last time it was decent was 2019 ish when Davy ignited wexford. If clare are bet today, you can be sure it's another kilkenny limerick final.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭C__MC

Is there anyone on the leinster council with some brains hurling or football, stop playing these games in soulesss stadium. How this goes on year after yeat amazes me.

Probably got to do with corporate box and premium seats packages promising Leinster finals.

No game on tv today at 14.00 football or hurling for those of us sitting at home. And i dont think there's any warm up game in Semple Stadium unlike yesterdays Joe McDonagh Cup before the Leinster final. Always nice to have a minor game or any game before the main event. Pretty quiet Sunday GAA wise.

• Advertisement

Electricity failure in Semple Stadium. Players coming out of the dressing room early as sitting in the dark apparently. Embarrasing stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

• Registered Users Posts: 38,385 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Some grumpy bastard is going to be getting a phone call to get his tools ready

• Registered Users Posts: 38,385 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Match delayed

They will hop off each other when it starts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

Fair play to Clare. How do you stop Limerick? knock out the power!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭LetticebCivil

He can put a nice price on the callout to make himself feel better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Brian017

At least we pay our electricity bills in Leinster!

Hawkeye is very slow in Thurles at the best of times. Might take a week for correct call today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Football Mafia striking again! Now they cut power to the stadium!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Belt

Why the delay? No need for floodlights and can manage without Hawk Eye

Advertisement