Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Did my leaving 35 years ago... sang 'it's the most wonderfultime of the year' at a karaoke bar tonight too... worlds gone mad folks!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭BK5

So happy to read your post this morning, the very very best of luck with everything in your new home.

Won't be long before you're deciding where to put the tree.

34 years for me lad, not sure it's the most wonderful time of the year if you're doing the Leaving at the moment 😄😄

The people in the karaoke bar must have thought "who is this headcase?", hope your having a great holiday.

@Smell the glove congrats on your new home, delighted for you. A smashing early Christmas present if ever there was one.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Only 40 years for me, I remember walking out of maths early because I was bored, thank god for mobile phones now with a calculator on them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

@Smell the glove Massive congratulations on the house. Bring on Christmas and all of the other amazing times you'll have there.

God the leaving cert discourse. I did mine twice (sure why wouldn't you) and I still never had the leaving cert dream. Don't think I'd fancy being swept up in the hectic mayhem now. I've a friend who has a junior and leaving cert elf and it seems manic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

@Smell the glove Massive congratulations! Delighted for you!

I think I was in the last year to do the Junior Cert, end of second year exams. I think people leaving after their Inter Cert was starting to really fade out as we were 90% staying to do the Leaving so the old Junior was becoming obsolete.

Sorry it was the Group Cert we done after second year back in the old days 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Absolutely ha. Tree has to go at the window and maybe lights around the double doors into the kitchen and of course the garland around the fireplace 😀

• Advertisement

Thanks a lot! Yes, the wife has already rolled her eyes in jest at my conversations.

Absolutely! Roll on the most wonderful time of the year 😉

My wife says putting up the Christmas decorations is the only DIY job that I have any enthusiasm for any more these days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭gidget

Congrats on the new home @Smell the glove

Watching the D-Day coverage for the 80th Anniversary on the news today took me back 30 years ago to the 50th Anniversary, where on a European School trip, I remember sitting on a ledge at Omaha Beach looking out at that very sea in the lead up to the events. As I was only 13 at the time, I didn't really understand the significance of it at the time, but now that I'm older & more knowledgeable about it all, I'm glad to have gotten that opportunity. I also remember we had to sail from England to France on an overnight sailing & we were surrounded by some of the veterans travelling over for the Anniversary.

Post edited by gidget on

Just noticed on the Countdown that 200 days to go is tomorrow. That feels like it has come around like lightening, surely 300 days to go was only 2 or 3 weeks ago??

Yep, into the 100s from Sunday... mad how fast that 100 days has gone, and we all know what the last 100 go like (from 99 to zero) so this the last chunk of the year before the madness.

Are we sure it's not 99 days to go instead of 199 because it sure feels like September out there the last few days 😅

Dreading going back on Tuesday to miserable cold weather... seems like it's a given though 🙁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Cut the grass today it felt like January, coldest I've ever been cutting the grass.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

my little boy keeps saying in the mornings daddy I’m cold. He asked for his Wooly hat today so that’s how our summer is going.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I’m hanging for a sun holiday anyone want to mind two kids for a week? I promise they’re only semi feral!!

Same I vividly remember hitting 299 on the countdown and that did not feel like 100 days ago! Flying by!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

I could do with a holiday, and failing that just some Christmas spirit. I am a deliverable this Friday which I have been working on for months. I am hoping for some down time after that.

We head home tomorrow,back in work on Thursday, dreading it. Christmas still feels so far away and that'll be my next decent break, so I've a stretch to get through and will be needing all the Christmas buzz this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Work and life hectic at the minute! Can't believe it is the second last week of the school year already! Three weeks tomorrow until we go on hols and I cannot wait!

We head home from ours today, the joys of secondary school time for the kids, normally it would have been July.

At least I'm home now for the euros though, looking forward to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

"I am a deliverable…" I definitely need a holiday! I found out today the next big deliverable for 20th December. It wouldn't be so bad if Christmas went on after the 26th but nowadays is just ends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

All the "activities" are also finishing up. Which on one hand is great as you've your evenings/weekends free, but on the other hand you have to actually parent your kids and entertain them yourself now 😂

Advertisement