Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare GAA Discussion part 2 , No Purple Jumpers Allowed !!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭MfMan

Any idea if (terrace) tickets for Sunday will go on general sale on Ticketdisaster?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Anybody heard any fitness updates, might David McInerney be back for Sunday ?

Team selection probably straight forward enough really, same team as started v Tipp, McInerney for C.Galvin could be the only change

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭supernova5

everything very schtum as usual, lets just hope they have everyone fighting fit from the word go

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

They were on general sale last week and sold out very quickly, I doubt there'll be anymore released.

Mac is back 😀

Definitely we have a stronger bench than in previous years.

Clare’s full senior squad v Limerick is as follows:

1. Eibhear Quilligan (Feakle)

2. Adam Hogan (Feakle) 

3. Conor Cleary (St Joseph’s Miltown)

4. Rory Hayes (Wolfe Tones)

5. Diarmuid Ryan (Cratloe)

6. John Conlon (Clonlara)

7. David McInerney (Tulla)

8. David Fitzgerald (Inagh-Kilnamona)

9. Darragh Lohan (Wolfe Tones)

10. Cathal Malone (Sixmilebridge)

11. Mark Rodgers (Scariff)

12. Peter Duggan (Clooney-Quin) 

13. Aidan McCarthy (Inagh-Kilnamona)

14. Shane O’Donnell (Éire Óg)

15. David Reidy (Éire Óg)

16. Cian Broderick (Clarecastle)

17. Conor Leen (Corofin)

18. Paul Flanagan (Ballyea)

19. Seadna Morey (Sixmilebridge)

20. Ian Galvin (Clonlara)

21. Paddy Donnellan (Broadford)

22. Tony Kelly (Ballyea)

23. Aron Shanagher (Wolfe Tones)

24. Shane Meehan (Banner)

25. Robin Mounsey (Ruan)

26. Cian Galvin (Clarecastle)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

Have a spare terrace ticket if anyone is interested. Please PM if you are. Face value of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,027 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

its a huge plus but we need to use it in the right way , strong team , surly kelly will start , even if you only get 40 minutes out of him , he has no proper impact off the bench the likes of ian galvin and shanagher do

what i am expecting is

1. Eibhear Quilligan (Feakle)

2. Adam Hogan (Feakle)_____3. Conor Cleary (St Joseph’s Miltown)_________4. Rory Hayes (Wolfe Tones)___________

5. Diarmuid Ryan (Cratloe)___6. John Conlon (Clonlara)___________________7. David McInerney (tulla)__________

__________________________ 10. Cathal Malone (Sixmilebridge)_______9. Darragh Lohan (Wolfe Tones)

___________________ 22 Tony Kelly (Ballyea)_________________________________

12. Peter Duggan (Clooney-Quin) _11. Mark Rodgers (Scariff)______8.David Fitzgerald (Inagh-Kilnamona)

_____________________—-14. Shane O’Donnell (Éire Óg)________13. Aidan McCarthy (Inagh-Kilnamona)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭Gael85

If Kelly start could be ahead of McCarthy though he will be needed for frees. Reidy likely to be centre forward with Rodgers in the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭Gael85

Need to ruthless. Vital all good chances are taken, no pot shots out the field and nail all the frees. Hon the Banner.

Kelly is starting…if they ever actually start this game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Sitting in the car and that was pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭mullinr2

Typical Clare. **** yer pants yet again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Seadin

Clare haven't got it when it really matters.

yeah, Limerick might be a great team, but Clare just did not perform today. They must be just sickened.

This was their chance, fully fit squad with good momentum. Limerick down a few men.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

Great individuals in that Clare side but they arent a great team like Limerick are. Lohan relies on individual brilliance from O Donnell or whomever. Limerick have the individuals, have the sideline amd make better decisions. Where to for Clare now..? Probably beat Wexford, probably won't beat Kilkenny . It's a pestering out of this particular Clare side. Limerick are fantastic. Lohan has to be criticised after today

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭mullinr2

Yer goalie is really poor at the puckouts. On numerous times, when he throws it up to strike, it hits his helmet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Figerty

Easily said. Hit the post twice, once for a point and once for a goal. Limerick hit the post and it went for a point. Small things change games. Great goal keeping from Limerick. Limerick the Better team so no complaints.

yeah no complaints either , better team won , management far too slow to make any sort of impact sub , limerick a generational side in fairness will be talked about long after i am gone for sure

all we can do is dust ourselves down and go again in two weeks time

not ruthless enough , in front of goal or on the line , david fitzgerld put in one of the most back seat passenger performances i have ever seen from any player in a clare jersey today , i apologise to the man if he was carrying an injury but the scores he got flattered his overall performance

conor lean was excellent for a young lad only starting out

ahem , a bit like the side that lost to limerick in the last two all ireland finals maybe 😏

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Figerty

Riedy should have been on for Lohan early, McCarthy wasn't involved in the game. Rogers can do what McCarthy does.

Kelly was only finding his feet in the second half.

Changes have to be more ruthless. at some point Conlon is going to have to be thrown up Full forward when he starts to fade.

Leen was excellent. Cleary was obviously targeted by the ref early. I think Morrissey had Rogers held at the and worst than Cleary does and no foul. Limerick also played the ref better.

Will need to look at the game again in the cold light of day, but I think Colm Lyons lost the nerve a little. The delay didn't help him either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

By my count, in the 20 or so minutes after Hegarty’s goal, Clare missed 2-3 worth of chances. Limerick got five points in that period… Felt like Cleary’s card was marked before the game today. And he was caught for the pulls and drags off the ball, he usually gets away with.
    Some players were very hesitant at times, none more so than the keeper for Hegarty’s goal. He’s run out was of a man in two minds.
    Talking to some Clare people they’re acting like it’s the end of the world. But this can go one of two ways now. I wouldn’t rule Clare out because they’ve been here before and have to have learned how to deal with this situation at this stage. It’s not where they want to be but they have to much talent to fade away like some are suggesting

to be fair to cleary , he marked his own card , he literally wasn't watching the game in the first 15 minutes of the game just gillane so it wasn't hard to miss , i talked him up as being a francie bellew type of defender , francie was sneaky in his defending he made sure no one was watching ,

i wouldn't worry about the clare supporters acting like its the end of the world it was the same on here on the 21 of april we will have a serious game on our hands though in two weeks time against wexford , then hopefully another craic at kilkenny if not life goes on as they say

i never seen anything like the hesitancy shown by david fitz today he has been under the workrate spotlight for a while but today was awful to watch , he scored 4 lovely points from play but allowed his man to score two and allowed his man free reign of semple stadium once he was 5 yards away from him he just gave up its not good enough ,

daragh lohan and cathal malone worked really hard in the rucks and the physical stakes but they were well beaten bey there men , conor boylan has been excellent all year for limerick and today he was one of there harder workers

losing today is tough , the crowed will be small again in thurles in two weeks time but if we can clear the wexford hurdle we will be back where we wanted to be from the outset of the championship , and that's all you can ask of the team

spotted the kilkenny management heading for the exits before the final whistle in the old stand , no comfy seats for the kilkenny lads i see in tipp , he looked like he was coming from row 201 in the stand ,

i was in the section between the 45 and 65 in the old stand at the back of the clare dugout , lohan never even confided with his selectors until the 60th minute , shane meehan and shanagher spent the bulk of the second half sprinting up and down the sideline warming up , it was like something you would see at an u12 game , a pick me moment only to be ignored by the management full stop

both players must be furious that they are getting no sort of look in at all , lyons was the same in the all ireland semi last year against kilkenny after he failed to play the advantage but look that's not the reason why limerick won today

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭17togo

I'm strangely not too disheartened by the result today. We went into it as underdogs and rightly so. But I wouldn't be as negative as what donal og and Liam sheedy were on the panel. They reckoned we were lucky to be within 10 points of them! Bar a few bad frees by Mccarthy and Rodgers hitting the post it could've been very different. I don't think limerick were that much better than us.

Facing champions like that, you have to take your chances, and we didn't.

On Cleary, (not to get into another argument, but I think today highlights what my point was). His reputation has followed him for pulling and dragging. He got pulled for 2 frees I think, for pulling out of gillane with the ball the other end of the field. They were soft frees I think, but because of his reputation the ref was looking out for it. In general also he didn't have a good game, and was rightly subbed to also avoid a second yellow.

The subs Lohan bought on were to much of like for like there was nothing different. Shanaher should've been brought on. All day long ball was been sent in but wasn't sticking in there. O Donnell did brilliantly with whatever he could get on. His hands are magic.

I'd loved to have won a Munster!! It may have been our chance to beat limerick. Cos as we know they're different gravy in Croke Park... And are kilkenny. And not forgetting Cork sneaking up..... Still not that disheartened though, under the radar might suit us.

say what you want to say dont ever worry about me , i was riled by the reaction to the group game in April that set me off

to be fair the better team won today , we never reached the heightens of our best game this year which was cork away ., i am more worried about our basics going into the wexford game then anything else , we were so poor today even in space we needed two or three touches

it would have been great to win today our one dimensional tactics just didn't help us today

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭17togo

Sure there'd be no craic without differing opinions! 👍

There was too many clare lads left isolated today also without support. A few times they won ball and straight away surrounded by 3/4 limerick players, with no options to pass it off. This is what limerick do so shouldn't have been a surprise to clare.

limerick withdrew all there half forwards and midfield when we went long , kinnerk again with the football tactics , so when limerick turned us over there was acers of space and for 3 forwards each time , they targeted cleary but they also targeted hogan , any time they targeted leen he bust out the field and drove us on,

leen was also double jobing today , cleary would not venture outside the D area if gillane tried to bring him out the field so conor L would pick him up , he actually got two crucial blocks and a serious hook on gilane , cleary was to take up leens man if he entered the D ,

Leen was superb his balls into the forwards and his reading of the game even when hogan or cleary mistimed a long quaide puckout in the second half he was underneath it to sweep it up

i was very disappointed with davy fitzs workrate today he never tracked kyle hayes once , but had a serious impact on the scoreboard . you would like to see lads working harder then that

the workrate of will o donohue and conor boylan is unreal , shane o'brian was serious for limerick on his debut too , limerick are serious at the moment but its still better to fight then lie down , big game in two weeks time to get back on the train

Is there a case for changing the goalie, genuinely ?

Quilligan's probably around 30 now and was never really in the top level of goalies. He's got plenty experience but neither puck-outs or saving have been good this year.

It seems like Broderick is the sub now, he did OK in the league v Wexford, might be worth a go against the same opposition in 2 weeks. Not sure if Foudy is still on the panel ? With Quilligan out of form there's not much to lose.

And if we want to change things up, might there be a case to take Conlon out of centre back? He's starting to struggle to cover the ground. Cian Galvin could start wing back with D.Mac or D.Ryan switching across. Or Lohan go back, and Paddy Donnellan start.

I just think the current team will not beat KK in a semifinal and will struggle v Wexford. We don't have much to lose and at least we'd be giving exposure to promising younger players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭KIB4Life

Do you mean Cathal O’Neill instead of Conor Boylan? Boylan only came in the 63 minute.

Advertisement