Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin 15 Local Election. D15.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭gossamerfabric

I remember long ago speaking to MLM when she ran in D15 where I was complaining that posters for another candidate(not one i would have ever supported) which had been on poles the day before had been replaced with posters with her mug on them. She assured me that her local supporters would NEVER DO SUCH A THING. I am still, to this day, unconvinced.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭MFPM

Coppinger will be happy to get elected but it'll kill her she polled behind Aontu. Her colleagues elsewhere in DW have struggled, she'll be concerned about the GE.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,073 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I absolutely love that Andy Heasman not only did badly, but in doing so tallied behind an another independent of southern Asian background.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,418 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Final count ongoing in Mulhuddart, one SF elected so far.

Still 4 seats to fill, 5 candidates.

McCamley (Labour) 1,002, Onwumereh (Fianna Fáil) 937; O'Reilly (Fine Gael) 775; Burtchaell (People Before Profit) 764; Quinlan (The National Party) 684.

After distribution of Loughlin (Aontú) 640 votes, the 4 candidates with highest total will be elected regardless of reaching quota.

From the Aontu transfers, NP needs 81 more than PBP or 92 more than FG. Both PBP and NP could catch FG. Tight af.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Was delighted to see Tania Doyle get such a strong vote. It recognises the hard work she does for the area. I

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭Polar101

I wonder how long the Blanchardstown-Mulhuddart count will go on, as we know no-one got even near the quota and the first one elected (SF) was after the 9th count. Super low turnout as well at 32.5% and 6,148 valid votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,418 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

As from my post above, there was in theory just one count remaining in B-Mulh as of 8pm.

However they are going to start from scratch again tomorrow at 10am with a recount.

Recounts have also been requested in Castleknock and Swords, but not yet granted. But they usually grant them so no-one can complain about the democratic process (and the counters get another day or two of wages, food and expenses, says he cynically).

This is the Fingal rolling feed, nothing since 10pm so think they are done now. Actually a flurry of updates just now so they are still going, fair dues. Also Swords recount request was withdrawn.

https://www.fingal.ie/count

• Registered Users Posts: 11,883 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Who is Ellen Troy? outside of Aontu?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ultraviolence

Nice to see the greens failing/losing in all 3 LEA'S (and throughout the north county may i add! 5years with no greens on the council is a blessing!)

also nice to see the social democrats once again failing to get any seats here. may that trend continue in the future.

Turnout could've been better especially in blanch/mulhuddart with candidates struggling to meet the quota. Low first preference votes…

I wonder do FF regret running a second candidate in castleknock.. sad to see howard go with the votes so close between the two.

This was my first election that i voted in. Leading up to the day i changed my mind and wasnt going to vote as i dont agree with any party 100% and thought my vote wouldnt change anything but im glad i did go out and experience the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭Polar101

Went to count 11, but no surprises regarding the elected candidates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Disappointed that the Aontu guy got in, but at least the IFP guy was dispensed with reasonably early.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,900 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Very disappointing to see a retrograde party like Aontu successful in Dublin 15.

Policies that will send us back to the dark ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,116 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Can't agree with any of that. Pamela Conroy in Castleknock was such a hard worker.

Soc Dems offer a middle ground for people who don't want to vote for a government party but don't want to go left.

The problem in Blanchardstown Mulhuddart is that the LEA is still only 5 years old and it's hard for anyone to really make a name for themselves. It's why Mary McCamley does so well, she was possibly the only person to move across from Castleknock which is where a lot of Blanchardstown previously voted.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Frumy

He's a nasty drug dealing scumbag that lad.

Barred from seeing his children due to his domestic abuse of his ex. Use to beat her unconscious regularly.

Bad enough seeing two Aontu candidates elected, but seeing one of Justin Barrett's lot get in in Blanchardstown-Mulhuddart is seriously depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ultraviolence

And thats fine if you dont agree :) You had a chance on friday to give her a vote and i had a chance not to and thats what i did. Its nothing personal. Hard worker or not, im not interested in greens. The others in castleknock also work hard.

These few years have shown people what they stand for, and which is why we're seeing their councillors losing seats (around 20 so far) across the country and some receiving less votes than they did in 2019. Looking at the vote share and the polls it seems to me that a large part of the electorate aren't a fan of them. Those that are can still vote… which they have done so…. 3.6% first pref votes…

I thought social democrats describe themselves as left. well whatever they call themselves im not interested in them. soc dems, green seem to me as nearly identical parties but in different colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Where does that piece of dirt hail from in the general LEA?

Address on the Notice of Poll was National Party HQ, Mespil Road. I wouldn't be surprised if all their candidates had the same address.

Apparently he's from the James Reynolds faction, rather than Justin Barrett's, but I guess it doesn't really matter what precise shade of brown shirt he wears.

Yeah, when I checked last week I saw he had HQ listed so was wondering how local he is, and if so, what general locality.

Greens finally get a seat on Fingal County Council with the very last seat in Howth-Malahide. Final tally:

FG 7

LAB 7

Non-party 7

FF 6

SF 4

SD 2

PBP 2

AON 2

GRN 1

I4C 1

NP 1

• Advertisement

His Facebook page has his location as a suitably vague Blanchardstown, but no guarantee that's real.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,116 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

No I didn't. I'm in Blanchardstown Mulhuddart unfortunately. Wish I was still in Castleknock, fewer objectionable racists ran in that LEA.

They like to think they're hard men protesting around libraries, TD's family homes and other soft targets, but pretty cowardly when it comes to sharing their own info.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

I've met the Aontu guy in Ongar and he's a decent skin but very much a conservative Catholic type, and fair enough that's what they stand for - in a million years I'd never vote for them but not the worst. Ellen Troy canvassed my house, she seemed like a nice lady but again, I told her she wouldn't be getting my vote (and she took it well, in fairness).

On the other hand, it's an absolute disgrace that the NP now has a local rep in Mulhuddart, one of the most racially diverse areas of the country. I know Mulhuddart has a lot of problems but it doesn't help itself either.

Yeah, to be fair to the Aontu crowd, I see them as misguided, rather than dangerous. They would love to return the country to an idealised 1950s, from what I can see. Bizarre to have that sort of ideology in this day and age, and even weirder that people would vote for them, but I can see them ultimately going the way of Renua and vanishing completely.

The NP, on the other hand, are simply fascist thugs who should have no place in a civilised society. I just hope that the election of one of them doesn't turn into the thin end of the wedge for more of that sort to be elected in the area in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,073 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

On the contrary, I think it will shine a big old spotlight on them, to show how inept these guys are when it comes to actually running a Council. Or indeed anything.

Drag 'em out into the midday sun and kick dust in their face, I say, let everyone see what they're made of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭donaghs

why all the hate towards Aontu? I don’t agree with their stance on abortion, but I think others are entitled to have those opinions.

Other than that, is there anything seriously out of kilter in their policy platform?

They seemed to have been the only party to judge the public mood correctly on the recent. Referendum.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭ongarite

The very low turnout in Mulhuddart of 32% & Ongar or 38% helps get some of the above candidates get elected.

Because, as someone previously mentioned, they're a seriously retrograde party when it comes to their social policies. We're a modern, progressive society, and we don't need people like them dragging us back into the dark ages. It is a shame though, because I'd be broadly in favour of some of their economic policies, but I would never vote for them for a number of reasons apart from their social conservatism, their Euroscepticism being one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭A Knight of Ireland

Maybe we need to step back a little seeing as we've lost control of a lot of things in recent years. What retrograde attributes are you speaking about?

Advertisement