Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault Scenic

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,194 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Great review here.

Bye bye Tesla and VW. Go Renault Scenic.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

That is a really good car. Looks like it's using android automotive which is an excellent system and doesn't require re-inventing the wheel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭ffocused

I asked at dealer and was told demo model is due to arrive next month with stock readily available for 242 delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭spakman

Really like the look and spec of this car. The main issue for me is that the range on the standard model is just that bit too low as I travel across the country fairly regularly.

The price of the longer range model is too high, so it just might not make sense for me, much as I want it to...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,943 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Dealers have been getting delivers now, so should be in the showrooms. It's a lot smaller than I expected, similar in size to the Megane just with a longer wheel base. It's not a bad looking car in the flesh and the interior is pretty much the same as the Megane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Mad_Lad

**** interior, why do all cars now have to look like the enterprise ?

I love the official range claims……

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭BrianD3

The range of the 87 kWh could be very good if the efficiency of the car is similar to the closely related Megane etech. Bjorn got good efficency from the Megane at both 90 km/h and 120 km/h at 13 degrees. Same as what he got from the Hyundai Ioniq 6 at 9 degrees.

Another youtuber "It's Only Electric" got good efficiency from the Megane at 93 km/h at 4 degrees on damp roads and that car was on optional 20 inch wheels..

I think the interior of these is pretty good. Plenty of buttons and Renaults now have the all important regen paddles with coasting. Also, although I can't find it now, Renault quote a range for a constant 130 km/h for the Scenic. I haven't seen that for other cars and it seems as though Renault is not hiding behind WLTP ranges.

Well whatever that range they gave on the first page of this thread is ridiculous.

No, I don't like these modern screen interior and screen instrument clusters, should be optional, they're just not my cup of tea, I'm fine with a small screen for media and nav but not when they're the focal point of the car, information over load and distracting but least they have some proper buttons. I've enough screens in work and I have Ipad and phone.

I know these cars are attractive for those who are like Bjorn who can't live without touching a screen or going trough a menu, it's quite pathetic to watch him at times.

Ms

I don't think it looks like the USS Enterprise-D I take it your on about,

Looks totally different to me lol.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

That was the best Star Trek series !

But, no, I was more talking about the interiors, all touch screens and of course car manufacturers won't make simple ergonomic interiors for feeling left behind lol.

Anyway, I went back to a car with a more normal interior, it has a small screen for media and nav but that's all, it doesn't control any of the cars functions, no menus to fiddle with and it has just as much tech as I need and I quite like having a manual petrol again after 9 years of EV driving, the screen and software in the last EV I had recently was just a headache and I swore never again, no my priority is spend much less on cars and get something with much less complicated tech, less to go wrong.

Manufacturers need to get back to basics and have all this tech optional, on the options list like they would have in the past. I have a phone and I don't need to pay for all this useless tech in cars.

Post edited by Mad_Lad on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

Just because your old car had a crap user interface it doesn't mean well designed touch interfaces are bad and not every thread has to mention buttons or you moving back to ICE. In my experience the ones with lots of buttons I have personal experience like a leaf or bmw i3 are total crap in my opinion. The Model 3 is breath of fresh air in all these button infested cars. Hope the Megane is the same (I haven't tested it so no opinion about this).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭ffocused

Scenic has the same system as my wife’s Megane, which has physical controls for HVAC, seat and steering wheel heat and radio/media controls on a stalk. The only time we use the touchscreen is for nav, but for touch screen avoiders this can also be controlled by voice if preferred.

I don't like the M3, good for those who do I just don't like these ridiculous interiors as if they were designed by screen addicted Children. All manufacturers don't have to follow suit, these screens are a solution to a problem that didn't exist. Not everyone wants to drive a pos tablet.

Screens shouldn't take over the car interiors it's ridiculous. My car has a small screen and it does the job just fine, I don't need a screen bigger than TV screens were 30 years ago in my car ffs.

People are seriously addicted to tech and screens they really need to get help.

That's fine but they make the car interior look like sh1t, they don't look like cars today they look like something in computer games. I'm fine with a small screen, I have this now any bigger and it would look crap.

As I said before they should make all this tech crap optional and then those that don't want it won't have to pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

I have seen infants liking to press buttons and make brum brum noises when they push their toy cars around.

Ms

Fair play to you. A few years ago and I would have been the same but if I ever got the chance in the Future to have Rafale I will as its Gorgeous. Seen one in the metal at the Renault dealer today. No harm in dreaming.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

All the Children are stuck in front of screens…………..

Sure why not treat yourself ?

I'm not into the SUV thing, I just prefer the smaller better handling car to be honest, EV weigh so much it really dulls the experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭VeryRapidSkoda

Has anyone drove one of these yet and if so do you think it would be a good alternative to an enyaq

Ms

Only one way to know. Go and try it for yourself.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭VeryRapidSkoda

I will indeed, the enyaq is leading my list so far but the Scenic looks to be a good contender and was just checking to see if someone had drove it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

I have had a peek in the windows of one in the forecourt, as close as I have got ! Nice looking car though. I have the Megane Etech so if it is anything like that it is a winner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Youtuber It's Only Electric has the first range test that I've seen of the Scenic (big battery model) Can't watch the video as it is member only but he has a spreadsheet. IIRC his range tests are at an average of 93 km/h

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FG_8I9k_qS_o1a1TEtbuMj_ncgr7j3b_/edit?gid=1742161859#gid=1742161859

20 degrees C

14.9 kWh per 100 km

584 km

Pretty good?

For comparsion the much more aerodynamic but less practical Hyundai Ioniq 6 did 12.9 kWh per 100 km at the same temperature

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭galvo_clare

https://cartourismo.ie/cars/drives/renault-launches-scenic-rafale-captur/

Trio of Renault launches: Scenic, Rafale and Captur.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

They 3 all look well. Renault upping their game it seems. Scenic getting great reviews from what I have seen so far. Would be tempted myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Looks like a very compelling car. Comfort, refinement, decent range, nice styling and really well resolved user interface with physical buttons. Judging by the depreciation on the Megane E-Tech, it could be great value at 6 months old.

Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement