Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Tipperary GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,892 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Football Management stepped down immediately post-match today

Pathetic year all-being-said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,164 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Fair play to him for stepping down, gave it his best and didn't work but could easily have stayed on in the hope that things improve.

I don't expect a massive improvement with whoever the new manager will be.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

to be fair tipp football had no chance , some of the best footballers in the county constantly defecting to the hurlers . in fairness to colm collins over here in his time he developed a setup from u14 up tho senior team structure of players that would play football only , it took years as will the friends of tipp football , but its going to take a movement like that to fill in the gaps every time a player defects ,

the management had no hope this year , and probably not for the next two years for whoever is brave enough to take over

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,892 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I’m only going by what the other poster said

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭CorkFenian

I dont remember stories of Liam Sheedy having to fund raise for the county board and that being used as a reason to keep a a manager in the past, I had heard Teneo gave whatever monies required to county board\county teams etc I mean a few high profile members of the Tipperary team joined Teneo to work for them (arguably guys with highest profile on the team) so they can't have been that bad :)

Post edited by CorkFenian on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭newhouse87

You heard wrong about teneo, they were not the great sponsor people had hoped for.

53 in the backroom team for Limerick, anyone know how we compare?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

That's including players(panel)

Unlikely, where did you see that?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

Interesting that Liam Sheedy didnt have to raise money for Tipp during that time and some high profile players worked there thanks for the comment.

Many managers before teneo didnt have to fundraise.370k deficit first year of teneos sponsorship tells you enough. Left immediately after sheedy, if sheedy wasnt manager teneo would never have sponsored tipp. So n ask most tipp people with any knowledge they were not good sponsors.

They were paying 200k a year, how can a sponsoring company worth 100s of millions plus leave 370k deficit in the first year, would there not have been an investigation etc or was it all covered up in your opinion?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-40705688.html

Thanking the outgoing sponsor, Joe Kennedy added: “Teneo was a great partner for Tipperary and we are hugely grateful for its support. We had three brilliant years, which conclude in December, so this was a very mutually enjoyable and successful tenure. We are also grateful to Teneo that, through its Teneo Sponsorship team, it is bringing expertise to bear in helping us secure the best possible partner for the future.”

Never said they left 370k deficit.The point is they were not great sponsor people thought they would be. Obviously the county board were going to thank them, they do with all sponsors. Declan Kelly is sheedys friend. They were average sponsor simple as. What are you arguing exactly? Your original point wax insinuating teneos problems would impact tipp. How would it, teneo give nothing to tipp since 2021.Guarantee limerick don't have any deficit, that's what you call a great sponsor.

Ps why is a cork man so interested into a previous tipp sponsor?

"370k deficit first year of teneos sponsorship tells you enough" fair enough they weren't great in your opinion both are teams happened to do very well during their tenure which obviously cost more money for county board as well. I believe the fund raising angle for Tipp shows up a very amateurish county board.

Yes my point was they gave tipp 200k same as any sponsor tipp would get. They didnt go over and beyond even though kelly is a tipp man.They didn't have any long term plan, left when sheedyleft. They had no interest in long term future of tipp. We had alot better players 2019 to now, nothing to do with teneo but Yes tipp co board a shambles at the moment.

He's only drawing you out. Very ill-informed across the board. Teneo hasn't been involved with Tipp for years.

Tipp county board is not a shambles but drawing criticism due to results. For instance, some idiots tried to make a big deal out of the power failure but that even happens at premiership and championship stadiums. Not a big deal.

Tipperary County Board recorded a deficit of €78,203 in Dec last. Despite running more teams than ever at every level. Income rose by 10.5% to just over €4 million last year. And that didn't include Clubber's final payment for the year. It is also only year 1 for the CEO. Costs are up big time, like everywhere. Small steps have been taken toward building three new pitches and an all weather pitch - that will take millions and a few years but it will be done. Lots being done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

Minrs both unlucky not to win and lucky not to lose in the last few minutes, going to extra time 1-17 to 0-20.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

Minors just about got there in the end, 1-24 to 0-26. Weirdly I felt they did their best hurling when it was 15 vs 15, playing with an extra man seemed to hamper them. Great fight to score the last 3 points to win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

i think the forwards in this team are excellent , that young dounagan lad dose loads of unselfish work off the ball , a really good free taker , that minogue lad destroyed us in the munster final looking at some of the scores he got today he's destoned for big things , no player at u17 level should have the wrists that lad has

really good game to watch as a natural was very impressed with kelly the galway keeper also , serious puck out for a 17 year old ,

in regards the sending off , tipperary were playing against a strong wind which didnt help either

Interesting article I think hes spot on here especially about full time development roles, Offaly have 13 full time staff which will really reap rewards going forward (obviously has already with u-20 success)

https://www.nenaghguardian.ie/2024/06/20/dunne-calls-for-intervention-to-drive-tipp-gaa-revival/

I listened to the pod with Tommy. And he made some very good points. Tipp definitely need a finance taskforce (separate to the county board) with immediate effect to implement structures to maximize current revenues and create more income avenues in order to compete with what's going on in other counties. They also need a review of the county board's performance and how it's tracing its current income. The Centre of Excellences will never up updated in the right manner until that happens. A review of GDAs and their jobs is also needed - not to mention tripling the number in operation in the county.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 89tipp91

DIfficult assignment for the minors this Saturday....

Tough going alright, I think Tipp have the forwards to do it…..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

It would be a real Filip for Tipperary if they could beat Kilkenny in Nowlan Park. It would give those young guys a surge of energy that could propel them further in the years ahead.

The county board really need to get the finger out and start raising finance. In my opinion Limerick are spending more money year on year . The results are there but they arent resting on their laurels...its more and more.

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭KClon11

• Advertisement

First red disgraceful decision. Second yellow would have sufficed but can't argue it near as much. Minogue was getting pelted off the ball and that dope of a linesman saw nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭1373

A fairly reckless effort of a shoulder from number 9

Jaysus that's two awful decisions, some way to ruin an All Ireland final.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Phenomenal stuff in the circumstances, pity they couldn't get over the line as they're much the better team.

Still down to 13 for the extra time, huge ask.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

Some game of hurling!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭farmerval

Some team to hang in there!!!! What heart!!

Unfuck8ngreal

One of THE GREATEST performances I've seen from any team in the Blue and Gold phenomenal

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭KClon11

What a team!!!! Unbelievable stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭webels

Well done Tipp. What a performance. Some guts to keep going. Brilliant stuff. How bad were the cats couldn't do the basic things and too afraid to take their points towards the end.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Outstanding win for Tip.

I actually am delighted that team won given how the game went.

The sheer effort, skill, doggedness and self belief thoroughly deserved to win that game.

A game for the ages.

Pity it wasn't in Croker in front of 80k.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 89tipp91

That was a magnificent performance

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

that was phenomenal. That type of spirit in a performance would bring a tear to the eye. There’s hope for the future yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭supernova5

fair play lads, that was one of the greatest performances with a numerical disadvantage I ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭YabaDabaDooley

Congrats Tipp. To win with 13 men for so long including extra time and to beat your biggest rivals on their home patch it will go down as one of the best wins at any grade. And go out on top of the All Ireand minor roll of honour with 22 titles. Some game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

I Got goosebumps watching that game. What a group of lads to win that game. I thought it was done after the 3rd KK goal but Tipp tore into absolutely everything. A classic GAA final which will be remembered for a long time. Well done to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭LetticebCivil

you all must be so proud. one of the best team performances I have ever seen. Delighted Tipp did it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭farmerval

Fabulous game, played what was in front of them all the time, absolutely never gave up.

• Advertisement

To beat kilkenny in nowlan makes it all the sweeter. Won't be forgotten for long time in either county. Dare I say the tipp fans outnumbered kilkenny in their home patch. That wont be talked about as its only tipp have poor support apparently. Tipp abu.

Advertisement