Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE streaming / Roberts radio / Shoutcast changes?

Options
  • 09-06-2024 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Noticed that since about 3 days ago I cannot receive RTE stations on my Roberts Internet Radio. I hadn't heard about any streaming changes in RTE.

A couple of years ago when the BBC stopped their Shoutcast service (which was used by Roberts Internet radios) they flagged it on the stream and for a long time in advance.

Does anyone know of any specific RTE streaming or streaming platform changes in the last week? Maybe I missed some communique.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Checked on my Majority Internet radio and Rte Radio 1 is working fine but nothing on my old Roberts WM202!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭drag0n79

Thanks. The later models of Majority radios support Dash so I wonder have RTE changed over without advertising (or is it a temporary glitch) - BBC advertised that they were changing their service for many months.

Anyway I opened a ticket with Frontier Nuvolo who maintain the database of radio streams use by Roberts and other Internet radios just to see if they could investigate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 AlanLongworth

we have exactly the same issue. Would you kindly leave an update here if you manage to solve it? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Streamerz

Does anyone have a url for an alternative RTE Radio 1 stream? It could be added manually to Roberts radios. I'm having the same issue with my Roberts Stream 93i. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 boardsuser1000

Try http://icecast.rte.ie/radio1?ref=RF

https://radiofeeds.co.uk/irish.asp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Finn McC

Same problem on Roberts Stream 93i. I contacted Roberts today in the UK and they informed me that RTE has changed the streaming protocol for a number of stations and there were many complaints, they have raised with RTE and believe it will be addressed by the broadcaster- they are in discussion.

Roberts said they do not update discontinued devices, although there is a clear method to update the software on Stream 93i. It's unclear if Stream 93i and older Roberts devices would have capability to accept new protocol if software was updated. They didn't provide a technical explanation, just that RTE had changed their protocol and now incompatible with older Roberts' devices.

I'll email RTE to request they address the issue and suggest all here do too to try to get a resolution. I'll update if any new info.

Regards

McC

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Streamerz

Neither of these streams work on the Roberts 93i. Does anyone have urls for .MP3, .AAC, .ASF or .DASH streams? RTE does not list any on its website, just the .M3U and .M3U8 ones that don't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭waywill1966

Rte Gold works fine on my Roberts Stream 93i, didn’t try the other Rte stations yet!

Thanks, yeah my next step would have been Roberts themselves. I suspected RTE might have changed something alright, but thought that would have been flagged as it was for BBC (BBC added the message at the start of the stream for months).

Who did you email in RTE?

Yes Gold, Radio Extra and 2 others work but not RTE 1 or 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

Same on my 93i. The digital-only stations work - Gold, Pulse, 2XM, RTE Radio 1 Extra but Radio 1 doesn’t work. Can’t find 2FM or Lyric on a search

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭chinwag

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gravel man

same here. Having to use fm for RTE 1, 2 and Lyric. Pain in the rear .

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭headtheball14

only rte would work out a way to cut off more listeners

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭stanley1

Hello David,Thank you for contacting the RTÉ Information Office and alerting us to this.We understand that RTÉ Technology department are aware of the issue.They are currently working on a resolution for a problem which occurred over the last few days affecting internet radios.Many thanks for your email.Kind regards
    RTÉ Information Office

Email: info@rte.ie Website: www.rte.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭measurement

Just emailed. It's good to know it's not just me accidentally altering the presets!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I noticed RTÉ Gold had also stopped streaming on Kenwood ST100 internet radio at work. Also didn't work on my Stream94i when I checked earlier.

Hopefully fixed soon; thanks for the update @stanley1

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭tommythecat

Just following here as having the same problem

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 idiosyncratij

Having the same problem on a 93i in Switzerland. Am able to stream on an iPhone, but hardly the same thing. Hopefully it will get resolved soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭vinnielo

Vinnie from RadioFeeds here. Just taken a look at those streams and can see no problem with them.

Can you confirm you're still having problems with them on the Roberts / Kenwood?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 boardsuser1000

I don't have a Roberts / Kenwood but I use Xiialive on my phone to listen to internet streams. Earlier in the week the rte feed was only working if I used https in a web browser and wouldn't work in Xiialive. Something happened in the last few days. The stream now works using http as well as https and therefore works again in Xiialive.

I think I've seen them do that before earlier in the year.

I remember having to switch to their alternate server to get round this.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭kenn0

RTÉ Gold back working on my Roberts radio this morning

📻

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

I have a Roberts i93 and a Sangean, RTE still not working for me.

Which address are you using? Does it work if you copy the stream address from this page?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭tommythecat

Yep back here also on my Roberts. My original preset.

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Hailtothethief

And I've just lost mine in the past hour. Radio 1 stopped working on Roberts iStream 3 and i93. Also stopped on Amazon Echo

Enable the RadioFeeds skill at http://lsn.to/alexa, then say, "Alexa, ask RadioFeeds to play R.R.1"

Substitute R.R.1. with the following as appropriate:

[R2F] RTÉ 2FM
    [R2X] RTÉ 2XM
    [RGO] RTÉ Gold
    [RJR] RTÉjr / RTÉ Chill
    [RLY] RTÉ Lyric fm
    [RPU] RTÉ Pulse
    [R1X] RTÉ Radio 1 Extra
    [RNG] RTÉ Raidió na Gaeltachta

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

There's an issue with FM1's live stream; it's also affecting their Tunein and app feed. Other RTÉ stations remain unaffected and they are playing out fine via FM and on Sky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Hailtothethief

Thanks but no good. Not playing anything on the Echo for Radio 1. Gold is OK

Advertisement