Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Squirl, I can honestly say you don't look a day older than 97 and ¾ :pac:

You're not as ruthless as you'd like to appear, so. 😁

I'd have zero qualms about asking for my leftovers. 1. It's food I've paid for; 2. Waste not, want not. 3. It's a valid reason for carrying a canvas shopper with you (or having a large handbag).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

My local LIDL never has baskets available. They must have at most 6 for the whole store. I ended up buy a lot less than I planned today because I couldn't carry everything in my arms.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,100 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Half of the baskets missing the pull handle in the LIDLs I go to so everyone ignores them on way in and goes to the checkouts for a proper one.

Also smaller size trollies disappeared across multiple stores in Dublin including new one in Clonshaugh.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

This one didn't even have the broken ones. None available at the checkouts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

My local Lidl seems to have about 2 or 3 small trolleys which are usually in use. The big trolleys are too big for me (as somebody who lives alone) and the baskets are sometimes too restrictive (I mightn't buy something physically big if I use one) and because of my height, the handle is too short, meaning I have to drag it around doing a wheelie or I have to carry it with the handle off the ground.

Anyway, a trivial annoyance today in Aldi was that somebody had tied their two dogs between the trolleys and the wall of the building. The dogs were brown and white border collies (I think, with my limited knowledge of dogs) so they were big enough, and one of them was barking constantly, probably because people were coming and going, rattling trolleys beside them. Basically, the people were upsetting the dogs, and the dogs were upsetting people with the noise, while the owner sauntered around the shop oblivious. 🙄

Woke up with a throat full of acid. A lovely start to the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,271 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Young lads (and it's almost certainly young lads at this) leaving donut tyre marks on roads. Have ye not got anything better to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭PP Lee

The bus driver blaring 2FM through every single speaker on the bus so there’s no escape from it. A total and utter lack of cop on from the driver for him to be doing this, especially at this time of morning.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

TA that I have to wear leggings and a jacket going for a walk on y lunch break on the 10th of June because it's only 13 degrees and feeling chilly. I should be out in a t-shirt and shorts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Probably trying to drown out all the shıtheads scrolling through Insta with their phones on speaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,410 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

part whatever in this life of waiting for tradespeople to arrive…. Midday was their commitment but at 1.40pm still no sign… I had put off getting lunch ready….

Edit : at 1.51 I get notified they got delayed on another job 🤌🏻👏🏼🤦🏻‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Yeah Right

That's been happening for months, now.

Does my head in, it's happened twice while typing this post now. I even started a thread on it, which was ignored.

TA that Boards essentially suffered a heart-attack when they moved the site a few years ago, and has never fully recovered. Like watching a once-great footballer hobbling around the pitch in his 40s. Unbelievable that it has been allowed to be suffocated slowly like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The only thing I can think of is to disable Java Script in Chrome or whatever browser settings you are using which might remove the ads for you.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Just due to walk home and see its raining, thought it wasn't due until later in the week???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭tohaltuwi

That and doany things drive me insane about this and various other journal/news sites in an ad-heavy platform. The eagerness to get you to see ads actually defeats the purpose simply because the ad is viewed as an annoyance rather than a draw-in.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,065 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I’m stuck on Ballsort , level 324 . In infuriating but very trivial

• Registered Users Posts: 12,352 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Getting static shocks with the last week or so.

Its being around 5 years since I got them so don't know why now.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Charlo30

Bookmark dropped out of my book and I had to spend the last 10 minutes trying to figure out what page I was on

• Registered Users Posts: 33,612 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The slow speed of some of the online financial transfers I make.

On a bank holiday weekend, if I move money using BOI after Friday 430pm, it doesn't appear until the Tuesday!

And on the 3rd June I loaded some money from my BOI current account into my PayPal, it arrived today 10th June.

So much for modern technology.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

it’s the middle of June and I’ve just put a jumper on and I have a fleece over my legs!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

New shoes, floor surface, clothing or growing hair out?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭donegal_man

10th of June and it's blowing a gale and chucking down rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,100 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,410 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

one of my favourite tiktokers has started doing paid promotions…. 🤌🏻

Video starts with her entering a business, ohhh, look it’s Starbucks and she’s going about endorsing the fûck out of them, I then notice the ‘paid promotion’ tag….

According to Glassdoor her featured day job which she includes as part of her videos occasionally, is paying about $180,000 - $190,000 annually…… so why she wants to go sniffing after tatty endorsements…. Which she can’t be needing…..Deleted…

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Customers who try and grab their purchase off you, before their card payment has gone through.

Do you think I'm holding onto the item for my own good?

I will hand the item to you, once the payment has completed, stop trying to reach over the counter and snatch the item out of my hand.

Same people:

"Oh sorry, I could have sworn I put money in my revolute, hold on while I transfer money into it"

"Oh sorry, I must have tapped too many times already today, I'll have to insert my card"

"Oh sorry, that was the wrong card, I ment to use my other card"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭Archeron

Shout out to anybody who enjoys the sound of a knife being scraped across a plate. Ever heard a rake being scraped down a steel lamp post?

Dude taking down election posters with no ladder and was using a rake to drag the poster down to a reachable level so he could snip them. Honestly felt like somebody was dragging a broken bottle down the inside of the back of my skull :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,352 ✭✭✭✭blade1

working outdoors but I didn't swap back to my old boots and it still happened today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,782 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Late at night (just after midnight) I spotted a guy with a slash hook over his shoulder wandering down the side of the road.

Took me a moment or two to guess (maybe I was wrong) that he was out taking down election posters. The cutting blade would be good to cut the ties on the posters and the handle would give you a reach up to about 10 feet or more.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Charlo30

When you're at a bus stop and the display says your bus is due. Yet it never arrives. WTF!!!

Advertisement