Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA 23/24:season

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,643 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

not sure if any truth to it, but apparently 76's has the cap space for Lebron, and are willing to take Bronny in too ….

• Registered Users Posts: 36,355 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I think the most likely outcome is LeBron opts out, Lakers draft Bronny and LeBron signs for the 3 year max that the Lakers have offered.

If that all happens I think it locks the Lakers out of a Title next few years. LeBron has done well to date for his contract not to become a negative one, but a 3 year super max for a 40 year old is going to be directly in opposition to winning titles.

If LeBron wanted to prioritise winning over all else, he would opt out and go somewhere else like Philly for a 1 year deal at no more than ~$20m, and leave the Bronny aspect out of it. But that's easy for all of us to say. Another ~$180m is a significant chunk of change for someone with the post career ambitions LeBron holds, as is the legacy of being able to play at the NBA level with his son.

The Lakers have been consistent on this through the years - they pay their stars and they want the limelight on the Staples Centre, value be damned.

i know he is in fine fettle , but at his age the drop off in his physical condition will be fairly quick and steep. I'm all for the Lakers throwing away any chance of success for the next 3 years, but the Lakers surely cannot be too happy with it

• Registered Users Posts: 38,493 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Doncic on fire in the first quarter, draining them from everywhere. He's got 20 points with three minutes still left in the quarter.

The NBA finals are set. An easy night for the Mavs, cruised through.

Doncic and Irving were fantastic tonight. Their rookie, Lively, is making a huge difference. He's a great one already, he's making excellent decisions in every game now. A real team player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Well I've gotten my wish so far!

Very exciting finals match-up now and most importantly both teams are going into it relatively healthy.

Numbers to watch

If you like 3s, this finals matchup is for you. The Celtics led the NBA in 3s made and attempted this season. The Mavericks were second in 3s attempted and third in 3s made per game.

Its not easy to stop this Mavs team scoring. Boston have started well and hopefully that continues. Kyrie worries me though, he might just feel he needs to put in a big one in Boston.

Porzingis is making a big difference so far.

Porzingis 11 points 3 rebounds and 3 blocks in the first quarter.

Celtics lead by 17.

This one could be over quickly if the Celtics keep up the level they were at on both ends of the floor.

• Advertisement

It kinda felt like the Celtics were coasting last night, just doing enough to win it. I honestly can't see them losing a game. This is the best I've seen them in the playoffs.

I tried to stay awake, but woke at 5 on the couch. Great to see them win. They now seem to be trying to find ways of cutting Tatum down, thou he and Brown have been such better team players this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭Corvo

Their defense is just so solid and they caused so many issues with regards turnovers (I think they scored 20+ points off of turnovers alone), they are great in transition to go along with it.

I can't see them losing a game from now on either, but obviously would like to see a competitive series.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Jrue is the key here.

Even with so many scoring options, I would still fear that Luka and Kyrie can do enough damage to outscore them. But not if he, and the rest of the Celtics defence, keep this going.

obviously Game 3 is a must-win for the Mavs or it's over. Even for them.

The keys are Tatum and Brown. They create so much havoc that all of the starting five are capable of scoring 20+ points. Jrue strolled to the basket a few times last night because of Brown and Tatum.

Defensively it's very difficult for the opposition. Jrue is doing a fantastic job but the return of Porzingis has been a huge factor.

Dan Hurley turned down the Lakers job.

Great result for UConn and I think Hurley is probably right to turn it down, he can always get back into the NBA with a team who hasn't flogged numerous managers in recent years.

They did do a good job keeping the Hurley approach under wraps, which makes me think they may have another choice that isn't being bandied about the usual media circles.

Doesn't sound like it will be JJ Redick anyway

The choice of Hurley seemed a bit mad to me, given their intention is surely to keep LeBron.

Porzingis hurt again. It won't be as easy without him.

I would be confident they can win 2 out of 5 against Dallas, even without Porzingis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

RIP Jerry west. The NBA hall of famer died at the age of 86 today.

Cruising 21 points up then Pritchard comes in, down to 11 points. 🙄

Get him out now.

Boston Celtics just a hugely dominant team. The consternation over one lucky shooting night from each of Miami and Cleveland seems mad in retrospect. I suppose people need to see to believe.

Checked my Spotify podcast feed and seen Simmons and Doc Rivers

Nope

aha

I’d imagine he’ll be particularly insufferable next year.

Celtics nearly let it go last night. It got down to three points with four minutes left and then Doncic fouled out which made it a lot easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

That performance will follow Doncic around for a while.

Massive fan of his, but some of that was embarrassing. His defence has been repeatedly targeted, and he just hasn't been up to it, and his response is too complain incessantly and flop instead of getting back on defence.

A bad one.

• Advertisement

Woj now reporting that JJ Redick is the front runner and will formally interview

Also, for those who believe in miracles, Dallas can be got at 25/1 to win the series. I'd probably want a bit more

Advertisement