Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v10] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,471 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

No doubt he'll be dropped all of a sudden for a few weeks.

We had loads of returns last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,117 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

No Doug or Erica at the joint Stag and Hen, do James and Hayley even have friends?

You'd think Con and Maxine would at least offer their sympathy to former worker colleague Damien

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

Damien now furious with Dean …. and over the top nasty to his wife …. surely he should understand about fingerprints and all that …. Mairead did but Damien I despair of often …. he is def as thick and stubborn as his character is often reputed to be ….

Damien blaming Dean for the murder opens up questions … is this another red herring and/or thicko Damo moment …. or are we really supposed to entertain the possibility that Dean in some sick act of revenge kills Laura with a view to pinning it on Fergal?? … this story would be ridiculous on several levels especially since the murder supposedly happened when Dean did not know Vicky Van Girl was really Fergal AI Man !! ..

Post edited by lumphammer2 on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

”Don’t you say her name” ffs what a load of bs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭halkar

Dean killing Laura? Soon if I see pigs flying in fair $hitty I wouldn't be surprised.

P.s. no offense to cute piggies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭littlevillage

I wonder do the writers just see which actors are avaliable on any given week and write the script accordingly....even if it means there are occasional glaring character omissions from storylines they should be central to…and peripheral characters like Georgie suddenly become central characters to a storyline that in a real word, they would have absolutely no involvement with.

That's exactly how it is done … the writers are told who is on the rota and write accordingly … you have to assume they are away or appear offscreen … FC is not the only series that does that …. remember one of the Wonder Years and it was Kevin's birthday and no sign of Winnie Cooper anywhere !! … so it is up to the imagination to make up why someone is absent ….

I am sure it is just another thicko Damo moment …. but if they really had Dean as Laura's killer it would be a total joke ….

In typical Damo form last night he let loose once again his short fuse and insulted his wife and alienated his friend …. if he keeps going like this no one incl the viewers will want him !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

I agree it's woeful behaviour, but I think it's how the writers think the viewers would expect damien to carry on. He's always shout first think later kinda fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭con747

Damo hears Zoe seen a mystery man standing waiting on his girlfriend the night of the murder and grills her straight away in McCoys. Zoe gets attacked and Damo hasn't even been in a scene about what happened yet or grilled Zoe and Georgie or Inspector Gadget about the attacker. Laughable writing.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,747 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The scriptwriters might have IQ challenged friends and they think this is how people act, with a total lack of rationality.

Write what you know…

• Registered Users Posts: 86,117 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 18,477 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I mentioned him as a suspect a couple of weeks ago. He's been acting quite weird since Laura's body was discovered, not like a normal grieving brother.

How I would love the incredible Damo to be the killer and be gone for an indefinite period I would be highly surprised if he was even though now he is kind of surplus to requirements these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

He's gonna snap

Our tv screens will probably crack from the blinking if he’s accused of murder 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

wonder was there something in the bag that will incriminate him.. Are we going to see a storyline of Damien 'abusing' Mairead; you'd think her OCD would rear its ugly head.

I am unsure if they will turn Damien into an out and out psycho ….. but he has always had those tendencies from the evidence we have seen …. remember his carry on the time of Caoimhe …. a totally unsuited unrealistic unbelievable duo if ever there was one …. a girl like Caoimhe in the real world would not look sideways at Damien …..

Damien has thus far never been violent … but he is often angry … and stubborn/thick like a mule ….. his treatment of Mairead is abysmal …. for Mairead Damien is both a step up and a step down …. up due to him being better than Will as a person down because Will gave her a posh background …. I get the feeling Damien married to/in relationships with women who are clearly more intelligent than he is sort of gets to him …. his put downs of them is how he deals with it ….

Exactly …. this is how his character always was …. angry hotheaded stubborn mule of a guy …. but all said and done I do not think he is violent …. just hotheaded ….

The near future storylines of FC depend on who this murderer is … having some randomer will not make it interesting at all …. it has to be linked to the Halpins in some way …. I am sticking with McCabe behind it using Tyler to do her dirty work …. I assume the attack on Zoe was to scare her off ….

No I don’t think so. I’d say Damien is just going mad thinking of his sisters bag and private stuff being rooted through by other people. He thinks the guards are incompetent too and he definitely has a point there. More than likely what might happen is if he ignores Mairead for a couple of days she might be so full of anxiety she’ll end up in the arms of Dean who Damien is also ignoring and then when Damien finds out he’ll blink so much his head will explode 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭threetrees

Damo has mentioned over the years that he didn't want to turn out like his Da Marty, who killed Damo's Ma. I wonder now will he turn on Mairead or someone with some violence and realise he is just like Marty after all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

Whatever happens damo will never leave fair city so I would be shocked if he turned out to be the killer?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,747 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Maybe we get lucky and Damien is admitted into a hospital for psychiatric help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Why didn't Joe (the silent bar man) throw Damo & Dean out of McCoys for fighting....or at least shout at them to give over etc.... He was just standing there watching them... Just as well the Ram was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,980 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Damo channelling Marlon brando from apocalypse now

The horror

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

He’s atrocious. Was hoping Dean would knock the bollix out of him

Anyway, some decent laughs from Anto and Co.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Photobox

It's really cringeworthy watching Damien

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

Terrible alltogether. Damo looked like he was going to have a brain aneurysm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Mairead to Damien: “I’m sorry about the backpack. I should’ve waited for you; I should’ve listened to Dean”

Damien: “Dean? You listened to Dean?”

No!! She just said she should’ve listened to him, but didn’t!! What kind of writing is this?!

It's been really painful watching it lately, more than usual and I predict it is only going to get a lot worse. Why was Erica & Doug & Sash even at the ceremony. It was supposedly only close family iirc? Who were the multi racial people that were there or were RTE trying to be all PC as usual and including all races in it. I didn't notice anyone in a wheelchair though so they missed a group.

• Advertisement

Damien last night was pathetic …. sitting at the bar downing copious amounts of whiskey …. the mad/insane head on him!! …. in the real world no one would even contemplate going next nor near him …. avoided hundreds of irrational sour mood unstable drunks like him many times in pubs ….

Anything is possible out of this guy at this stage …. Dean better be on guard …. maybe we will see a bit of Dean's cage fighting days return to put Damien back in his box …. or at least I hope so !! ..

Advertisement