Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Directly Elected Mayor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Pman

The count seems all very tedious. It doesn't bode well for the future of the office; an augury for the next 5 years. I'm going to bed and I'll say a prayer that Helen hoovers up the transfers. Please God , if you're up there, give us a Sligo woman to look after our city and county…..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

What has the count got to do with the office? This is how PR:STV works.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭NeutralHandle

I think he is joking.

I guess a lot of labour transfers will go to the soc dem candidate, making CS' transfers a little less interesting but EOD's somewhat more. Then again this role should be more about the individual than their party so perhaps there will be a reasonably wide spread

Both Eliza O'Donovan and Frankie Daly gone. 9,500 votes to be distributed in the morning.

Moran edged slightly further ahead from Sheehans surplus, but it seems everyone got between 340 and 370 votes off of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Trouwe Ier

As seen yesterday at Hospital (village) and I noted that they all seemed to be outside entrances to local businesses though one or two of these businesses had done some power-washing of their own.

I have heard that apart from the Kilmallock Road, there are walls similarly adorned on the Dock Road.

This behaviour brings to mind, politically unstable countries in the 1970s.

I presume that he will be made to remove them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

Remove what!? They just cleaned a section

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Pman

This is not good by Frankies team and I'm very surprised and disappointed. They've just made work for themselves. Times New Roman is so yesterday.

The stencils are going to annoy more people than they impress. I'd be very annoyed to find it on or outside my property.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Count 9 done apparently. No massive changes. Maurice out.

• Advertisement

Quilivan is the next one to go. 11k votes to be distributed.

The state of the poll has been updated.

Moran moved another 160 ahead of O'Donnell after O'Donovan and and Dalys votes were distributed.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,045 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Count 9 was a very even split between the top 4.

I would say Quinlivan's transfers will be similar with lots of non transferable too.

Yeah you were right. 6k non-transfers. <300 difference between how the rest were split among top four, with Ryan benefitting a bit. Butler next and his will be interesting. I expect Moran's lead to be eroded.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭LeoD

This reminds me of Quicksilver back in the day when they would start with 2p questions, then move on to 5p questions and so on. About 20 mins spent winning tiny money before spending the last couple of mins on £5 and £10 questions.

I have a hunch that not enough people know about of will make the connection between O'Donnell and FG.

They would seem like natural transfer buddies regardless so I expect her to take a chunk but maybe not enough. There's surely plenty of Butler/Moran voters out there too.

It might be eroded, but with a gap of 5600 he may already have enough of a lead. As we get closer to the final two more and more of the vote will be non transferable.

You would imagine De Ryan will split evenly so surely this is the big round.

Ryan could conceivably overtake O'Donnell. Don't know how that scenario would pan out.

I dunno about Butler-Moran transfers. Butler was a bit adversarial towards Moran no? Posted a gif of a baby having a tantrum when Moran was arguing about getting an equal slot on that kate hannon show.

• Advertisement

I still think there will be some people who see things they like about both and some Butler votes who will see Moran as the "least worst" of the other leading candidates.

Moran and O'Donnell got almost equal votes from Butler.

Ryan 1000 more and now out.

After Butler transfers:

25k Moran

19.4k O'Donnell

18.9k Ryan

Seems like it's in the bag for Moran alright.

There seems to be a trend of the votes being split pretty much evenly across the remaining candidates since the early counts. It looks like Moran is unassailable now.

Ya I'de be shocked if Ryan didn't split evenly.

By my quick calculation, HOD would need to get nearly 65% of DR's votes if there were no non-transfers. Take 5000 non-transfers away and she'd need over 70% so considering the very even splits so far, it's highly unlikely.

I think Ryan can be pretty pleased with 3rd place and the last big party candidate.

In a different time this would be seen as a pretty bad result for FF in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Trouwe Ier

I'd be in full agreement with the previous comments.

The transfer pattern has been remarkably consistent throughout the day.

A new era awaits!

This will be a big change for JM. It'll probably mean a pay cut, longer working hours and less freedom to go for a pint in peace around Limerick, never mind having to deal with a few local reps who will have a new bogeyman to blame for all Limerick's ills.

• Advertisement

Last part is gonna be the hard part.

There is a cohort of perennially outraged that blame him for every shop closure and parking ticket in the city.

Imagine the state of the comments on those Limerick Facebook groups if McDonald's had closed on his watch.

Advertisement