Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeless Wherers - all are welcome, old and new!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Wow. It's sunny out here at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

sun yes- but the warmth of a typical near mid June day no- how come I got pesky 22 degrees + all those years ago when doing my LC and students these days have “sunny spells with scattered showers” and highs of 12c 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,942 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

It's a beautiful evening here too!!

I have Leon drizzle cake, daughter made it, drool 🤤 🤤

Eta lemon 🍋 🍋 not Leon 😔

Post edited by Mam of 4 on

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭Poochie05

After Victoria sponge, Lemon drizzle is my favourite… sliding plate towards Mam 😋

All I need is a good chocolate buttercream, I never have the full set of ingredients at home because hello diabeetuss, I literally used to eat tubs of chocolate spread from lidl or aldi years ago. Teaspoon, large mug of tae and I'd have one finished in two if not three days

Right back to you with a slice 🍰 and one for Grem too , enjoy!

I'm not great at baking cakes tbh , but my daughter makes amazingly light delicious creations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,191 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

The bathroom is like a construction site . A late finish. Loads more to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,954 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Get a vindaloo inta ya, that should finish it off 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭thomil

I’m on a train…

Dublin-bound, need a new ID card, so it’s off to the administrative capital for an appointment at the German embassy. I have to say I really like the new first class interior!

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,064 ✭✭✭suvigirl

second shower of the day done, 34 here today, quite possibly will be another shower before the end of the day!

Watching villanelle, massive bathroom clean done

And now another WWII documentary

Netflix, newly added is called hitler and the nazis - evil on trial six hours long episodes, lots of recordings etc I've not heard before, my interest has been reignited with american politics

Thank you for that. I've watched most , if not all of the WW docs on Netflix so a new one is welcomed 😊

If you guys are looking for some more WW2 content, there’s a YouTube channel that follows WW2 in real time. They also did specials about D-Day (24 Hours in Real Time) and Pearl Harbour in Real Time. I’ll see if I can find the links, it really gives you an impression of the scale of that conflict.

Speaking of world events, the train back from Dublin to Cork feels like the last chopper out of Saigon. Seriously, it’s packed to the rafters. But I guess it makes sense for more people to head from Dublin to Cork than otherwise…😏

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Myself and the OH lucked out at Weezer+Smashing Pumpkins last night. "Face value" resale standing tickets + 2 excellent performances. Was not expecting it to be so good. Still buzzing after it. Really really loud. Had foam ear plugs to turn down the decibels by 50% for periods. Good job too. We were standing/walking from about 6pm to 1130pm. Both of us cried when we sat down in the car. Old bones. Been going through a load of horrible problems and have been wrecked with anxiety and worry and that concert was just what the doctor ordered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭Archeron

Very nice picture of Dublin :)

I second that, that picture looks great! Great to hear that you had an amazing time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Watching a programme about the Nile . I’ve often said I’d love to be a wildlife cameraman , but the other day I watched one were he went underwater surrounded by Kamens and electric eels . No way would I do that !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

👀 Evening all

Hope you are all keeping well 👍 I have been popping in and out of here but haven’t posted as this is a tough week for me.

So sorry to hear that, Auto 🫂 We’re all here if you want to talk, or even just vent.

Just arrived Homeside after that little trek to Dublin and I’m absolutely wrecked... I guess I’m not as young as I used to be. And all that for a twenty minute appointment…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Weezer - Island in the sun on this cold June night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,209 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I thought first class carriages were a thing of the past! Is it that much more luxurious than the standard cabins?

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Chilled sofaside here, listening to music on my iPad whilst OH watches the TV show Escape To The Chateau, which he loves.

@super - delighted the concert was so good! 😊 🎶

@auto - sending hugs and good vibes! 🫂 💕🌈

Advertisement