Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spray foam insulation

Options
  • 11-06-2024 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

Hello,

This may have been asked before but couldn't really find a straight answer.

I got my attic insulated with spray foam (synthesia from Kinspan) for the roof. The floor is fibreglass.

Our roof has grids/vents all around to let the air in, and there's also a grid near the top of the roof to let some air in, and before today, there was only felt on the roof, hence the need of insulation.

The spray foam guys covered everything, but the joists, so the wood could breathe.

Researching this issue, I get conflicting information, and I asked the guy doing the job, and he said the foam is breathable so any moisture/condensation would disappear.

Nevertheless, my question is: should the attic still have the grids/vents as before, or the breathable spray foam actually works, and we don't need to open holes in the foam for the vents?

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement