Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EU treaty Rights

• 10-06-2024 8:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

As a Nigerian citizen residing in Poland, I recently moved to Ireland with my Polish wife, who has been here since January exercising her EU treaty rights. I joined her in March after waiting several months for my EU treaty visa from Poland. I submitted my application with all the required documents to the EU Treaty Rights Department almost a month ago but have yet to receive an acknowledgement.

Could anyone advise on the next steps, how things are typically handled, and the expected timeline for feedback? Your insights would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Mod:

Moved from the Help Desk to Legal Discussion.

-Shield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Babyreignbow

According to their website it can take up to six months for a decision to be made but you can email the address in the link with your details for an update on your application status. Scroll to the FAQ section for more info.

https://www.irishimmigration.ie/coming-to-join-family-in-ireland/joining-an-eea-or-swiss-national/eu-treaty-rights/

Use your mighty arms to slay the fierce enemy that is selfish desire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭dennyk

By law it's supposed to take no more than six months for the Minister to issue a decision, but unfortunately in practice it's taking a fair bit longer than that these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭uptherebels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭dennyk

Section 7 (5) [Residence card for family member who is not a national of a Member State] of S.I. No. 548/2015 - European Communities (Free Movement of Persons) Regulations 2015:

(5) The Minister shall, within 6 months of the date of receiving an application under paragraph (1)—

(a) where he or she is satisfied that it is appropriate to do so, issue a residence card containing the particulars set out in Schedule 3 to the family member concerned, or

(b) notify the family member concerned that his or her application has been refused, which notification—

(i) shall be accompanied by a statement of the grounds for the refusal, and

(ii) may be accompanied by a notification under Regulation 21(1) or 23(3), or both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 USER55998

Hii , We have experienced the same situation , what will happen that after 6-8 weeks from submitting your application you will receive an acknowledgement letter that will give you a temporary permission to stay in the state with validity 6 months (Stamp4)( which will allow you to work even if you want ) until your application is totally processed . The final decision on your application (Stamp 4 EUfam) will take 6 months exactly starting from the day you submitted the application in this whole period they might send you a post asking for more details or more evidence that your status is the same as when you submitted the application.

Advertisement