Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2024 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,128 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I might be wrong but it felt like 17-18C yesterday for the whole afternoon in Galway West (I am 15 miles from the coast). Wouldn't that be the average high for June?

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,628 ✭✭✭✭zell12

brrr

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Depends where you are. 9c in Kildare is brrrr but 16 and 17 on South Coast. Pleasant here in Cork but certainly not summery save when the sun is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭monkeyactive

It's June , why do I feel so cold? Why am I wearing a fleece out ? Why do I need a blanket on me watching TV in the evenings.

Has anyone the number for customer support?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,336 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

When the sun does come out it’s flipping roasting- unfortunately that is quite intermittent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Beautiful out in Fenit early this afternoon, a coolness in the breeze though but loads of sunshine and blue skies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Thursday's forecast for Wicklow lunchtime, near 60km/h gusts, a decent sup of rain and a real-feel temperature of 6-8 degrees. If you told me this was a March forecast I'd be disappointed, let alone June!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Chatting to some kids doing the exams today and they're struggling with the cold in the exam hall - awaiting a decision on if they can bring in hot water bottles!

Cold with intermittent drizzle in Celbridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,571 ✭✭✭kingshankly

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Models continue to trend towards a very wet and cool pattern from this weekend with plenty of rain from Friday onwards. I'd imagine there will be plenty of people cutting their lawns on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭esposito

at least it’s happening now. By the time July comes around the weather could well improve significantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Deepdive is on YouTube from the Met Office I'm gonna watch it in a few

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Highlighter75

Thank God for lanzarote

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Hope no ones off to Palma for their holiday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Hooter23

3 degrees at night in the middle of june only days away from the longest day of the year.... its milder than that in december most of the time…it was over 20 degrees a week ago at 12 oclock at night in finland up on a mountain near the arctic...thats how bad our summers are...we need global warming but its only getting colder...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

I'm thinking tomorrow will be the last chance to get the grass cut here - Thursday looks wet from early.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Orchard Rebel

I was at a shopping centre next to the airport and the car park flooded in about 30 minutes. It was very intense for a couple of hours. The water drained off very quickly though once the rain passed.

Pleasant (if overcast) evening here now in SE Mallorca. 23C.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,022 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

So cold last night had the heating on before I went to bed and slept with a pair of socks on ! NCD .

I hardly ever wear socks in bed in wintertime .

When, oh when will we get some summer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

Is there any signs/hope of the weather settling down? Was in work today and was freezing all day. It's more like February here this evening than June.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

another nice sunny dry evening

got out into the garden and did some stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,336 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

The suns rays are extremely strong when the cloud cover breaks.
    That better for ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Overview: Unsettled to end the week and over the weekend with rain and showers, heavy at times

• Registered Users Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭appledrop

I held off last night with the heating but I've had enough tonight, stuck it on for an hour, feck that if the calendar didn't say June I wouldn't dream of not having it on!

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭mykrodot

I'm in Sneem at the moment and spent today over on the Beara peninsula. It was a stunning day, wall to wall sunshine, very clear skies so I was able to hike and had a swim at Allihies . But the breeze was cold and my phone temperature said it was just 15 degrees. Whatever direction this breeze is coming from its certainly cold. However I would take this kind of weather over muggy rain anyday.

Yes I noticed that too last week all the Scandinavian countries especially towards the acrtic circle where several degrees above average, our summers are getting dier

• Registered Users Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Heat dome in the western US keeping Ireland/uk the wrong side of jet stream, itv weather are saying

• Registered Users Posts: 13,022 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

According to weather forecaster tonight we are ' in a northerly airstream '.

Baltic , I would describe it , unless as others say the sun is shining directly on you .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭pcardin

never understood where does this BS Irish saying originates from. Its +24-+28 in Baltic these days. If anything, the whole Europe should be screaming " Ireland" whenever they get miserable.

Advertisement