Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,085 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

You need the app on the phone, if it has Scheduled beside the bus which should be on the road, fair chance it isn't coming.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Just discovered chewing gum on the sole of my shoe.

I absolutely HATE people who throw/ spit gum on the ground. 😡😡😡😡😡

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

People (in this case male) who are oblivious to subtext and stomp their way into work activities they are better off not being involved in!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

My perenially nosey uncle stopping me while out walking the dog, seemingly just to ask me if my wife is working at the moment, and then following up with more questions when I said no.

Politely told him it was no-one else's business but her own, but as the evening has gone on, I feel bad for losing my temper as he was apologising profusely afterwards.

After months of moving around tasks and locations, just back to my previous ones and I find it soo stressful and have the glenroes daily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Charlo30

When people give their height in centimeters

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

The sunday evening fear that would strike when theme tune of the soap opera Glenroe would start at 20:30, reminding kids about homework and adults about the return to the school or job

• Registered Users Posts: 30,436 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I've never had a case of the Glenroes, a bit before my time, but I did suffer fiercely from Heartbeat....the theme for that show still chills me to my core 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I still watch Heartbeat on DVD every Sunday night :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Do I have something in my eye or is this mild hayfever? Eye has been itchy and irritated for about a week now.

Was chatting in the family group about how I needed to renew my passport and what a plava it was, it seems almost impossible to send it from the post office anymore.

Ta1 I don't live in the city where I could do this at my local po.

Sib decided that they should send theirs with mine even tho it's not due for over a year, so now they are disturbing my breakfast asking me how to spell stuff and what they should put in each section.

Ta2, ppl who don't read and disturb my breakfast bc of this(see also how it will be wrong/returned and I will have to hear all about it when it does)

Post edited by Bredabe on

The MEP candidate Kathleen Funchion. The name is a TA for inexplicable reasons.

Bonus TA, I think I meant to post this in the 'inexplicable' thread but can't delete :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

One from a regular bus commuter. Why, repeat, why do some people insist on stopping and standing in the spot right behind the driver's cab after getting on? You know, the tightest spot in the entire bus, sandwiched between the front wheel well and the stairs to the top deck? And doing so even though there's ample standing room further back and even seats?

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,610 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

And no doubt after he cut the clips or ties, he wasn't bothering to pick them all up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

You might have scratch the retina with something in your eye a week ago or scratched the lid so its heeling. Either way it can be irritated for a while.

Used to work full time with a chain saw and often got sawdust in the eye. Sometimes it came out and was OK other times when eyeball or lid got scratched it felt like it was still there for at least a week.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Dramatik

"I have my phone with me so you can give me a shout if you have any problems"

*Rings phone not too long after… call goes to voicemail

*Couple of hours later, after problem has been solved

"Hey! were you trying to ring me?"

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Kingslayer

• Registered Users Posts: 25,410 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

used to being kept awake by my inconsiderate eccentric dosebag fûcking weirdo neighbours… this morning I’m woken up by them at just 7.03am … putting something in the boot of a car it seems that necessitates all the doors being slammed and the little gobby dose bag weirdo one roaring, screeching and giggling at one of the others as loud as her massive mouth will allow…. No concept of time, their environment or indeed consideration for others….. it’s a particular shame they appear to be ex directory…. Quite inconsiderate, yet again. Could have returned the interruption of sleep 🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Sounds painful.

TA'd that I can't be a fly on the wall on your neighbours house. From reading your posts here, they seem equal parts irritating and entertaining. Presumably more irritating from your POV though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

There is some absolute dirt bird who keeps leaving bags of, what I assume to be, dog sh1t at the pass through I use to get to work and back everyday. There is at least 4 doggie bags of sh1t of varying colours there now. If I could just catch the punk…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Field east

walkers staying on a narrow road when vehicles coming either way instead of stepping onto the margin - and especially where there is one. Think of the advantages of /rewards for stepping in such as :-

(1) the risk of being killed/injured massively reduced - think of driver being on drugs/being drunk/ driving very fast/ a very young and very inexperienced and unlicensed driver

(2) It’s showing respect and a caring attitude - the driver could be very elderly and they would prefer to Drive on a ‘walker free road rather than trying to ‘ negotiating’ their way around a walker. Driver may also be on his/her way to attend a serious emmergency.

(3) think of the extra Co2 produced when a vehicle has to slow down and ‘take off again’ if walker stays on the road

Cushelle appear to have dropped their facial tissues line… they had kept up quality while other pocket tissues went crap. Kleenex now totally dominate the market. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Yeah Right

1. I've seen some victim blaming in my time on boards, but telling people to walk in the ditch instead of the road because of the drunks, speedsters and unlicensed dopes behind the wheel is a new low
    2. Respect is a two way street. The walker could be very elderly and I'm sure they would all prefer to walk on a car-free road rather than trying to accommodate people breaking the law for no reason other than they're selfish cnuts who are unwilling to share the road. Emergency or not, no driver has the right to barrel around the place. Where the fcuk is your calls for them to show 'a caring attitude'? The care of duty is on the person in the 2-ton machine, not the vulnerable pedestrian
    3. If you were in ANY way concerned about CO2, you wouldn't be in the car in the first place. You'll have to forgive my refusal to take your third point seriously, seems like you're feigning concern as a way of lambasting people who are slowing you down for, literally, seconds

People are bastards. It only takes one or two to ruin the days/weeks/years/lives of the majority. More than TA'd at people who turn into self-centered, lazy, hypocritical, rage-addicts when they're behind the wheel. There are many problems on our roads, and the vast, vast, vast majority of them (and ALL of the serious ones) are caused by the four-wheeled occupants.

If someone is walking on the road, they're doing it for a reason. Maybe try to think WHY they're doing it, instead of excusing scumbags with a rake of pints in them.

Slow down, pass when it's safe, carry on with your day. It's that easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I reckon you are going against the charter of this thread, I don't think you are suppose to criticise TA's.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

*Tempted to mention something about backseat modding.... nah, I'll leave it!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I left my favourite cap somewhere in work and for the life of me I just can’t find it. I wouldn’t be surprised if some thieving gurrier nicked it.

The background muzak on the H&B ad on sm!!!!

Gave me Sunday afternoon 1970's kid's tv vibes.

I cant get to it before it makes me bolk!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,065 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I didn’t read the whole post but on people walking the roads , my TA people raised in an estate who had footpaths not knowing sometimes you have to walk on the other side of the road , ie the outside of a corner !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭Archeron

I heard they're running low on koala bears, only enough left to focus on the toilet roll.

TA I was out walking and came across a magnificent horse with big bright blue eyes , I've never seen that before. Took about ten pictures of him and the fecker is blinking in every single one.

Advertisement