Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v10] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

the more he overacts, the more stupid and unrealistic it looks.

I slate FC as much as the next person, but there are some half decent actors on their books. Not this guy however

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

I know if any friend of mine acted like Damien did last night I would have nothing to do with them ever again …. he cannot hide behind whiskey either …. everyone was bending over backwards for him and they will soon tire of his abysmal attitude ….

He sure needs it …. the way he was carrying on last few nights were def the actions of a very unstable and dangerous individual ….

And why Dean ?? … how come McCabe is not on his radar ?? .. she seems to be most obvious …. going for Dean just makes no sense …. and blaming him for not being at the funeral makes no sense either … he could have been in another country …. if Damo had accused Fergal or even James it would make more sense …. neither of who murdered Laura either ….

I agree …. I've never liked Damien and think he is a stupid stubborn character and the actor cannot get him passed that …. he has always been the same and the writers write stories to suit his limited acting abilities …. his overacting is unrealistic and I would not miss this character if he was gone ….

There are good actors on FC … many of who have starred in major films and internationally known TV series … but often they are confined to small parts and are written out …. there are at present some very good actors playing far more interesting characters than Damien ever was or will be …. For me Damien is my least favourite male character in FC …..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭littlevillage

I am going to sort of disagree with some other posters. The storyline of Damien losing his grip and making irrational accusations is actually fairly good and in the circumstances is entirely understandable. Soo bravo to the writers (I am usually ultra critical, so there I have said it) 👏

There are problems of course.

1). Damien didn't seem to be in contact with Laura for ages and she had left the show for at least six months so the impact of her death was minimal.

2). Damien is, shall we say, a limited actor and is just about carrying off all the emotional breakdown stuff.

• Advertisement

He's due to be tag-teamed out about now anyway so going on previous form, he'll just vanish without a trace from our screens for 3 months, no mention of the murder and we'll move on to the next critical storyline like why there is rust on one of the swings in the playground.

They have form. Kidnappaping doesn't seem to be a major crime to be investigated don't you know.

The best line in last nights episode was where Mairead suggested they arrive at the afters for James & Hayleys wedding at 6pm. Damien asked why are we even going?

(pity he didn't mention that they had been ripped off by the Rafferty's and although he saved Con's life in the hole, he still got fired by Con later on, I think).

The reason ye are going to the Wedding dummy is because you are currently on acting rota, and we need all those cast members on rota to show up in the Community Center, whether you know/get on with the couple or not.

Not to worry, we had a United Nations Convoy at the wedding

From the preview it looks like that old chestnut of knocking over a huge wedding cake is going to be trotted out.

Any weddings I have been at (I'd say around 50), the wedding cake has been safely hidden away in a corner where it definitely can't be knocked over.... and never positioned in the middle of the dance floor... seriously, who would do that!!!! .

Wedding cakes aren't even a thing anymore, if my recent Wedding attendances are representative.

Oh the drama of it all……………….FC should revert to stories like the lads in the woods getting lost.

We are coming to the time of the year anyway when the xmas storyline start to bubble up. Fcuk knows what we'll get this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭Deeec

As predicted the murder storyline is just about giving Damien a story. Hes losing it - probably will lose his relationship with Mairead bla bla bla. Who the actual murderer is doesnt appear to be important to the writers. We'll never find out who it is because thats not what its about. Dumb and Dumber gardai aka little and large appear to not give a damn that there could be a serial murderer/attacker loose in the area. Also it achieves another gain for the writers in that Zoe will have to leave Carrigstown for approx 6 months due to her traumatic experience which is perfect given that the actress is going on maternity leave - fits in well. My guess is that Dearbhla is next to be attacked and she will have to leave too!! Its predictable.

The wedding was laughable as usual. 3 regular characters as guests and then a load of randamers that dont talk. No siblings, aunts, uncles cousins, no bridesmaids or bestman. A guy playing **** music on a laptop. The bride and her ma and da go for a drink to the pub with no concern about the dress or make up - they must have then walked to the wedding. The mother of the groom late and holding up the the whole show because she needed a new bag for a low key wedding. The bit I found most funny was that the bride walked into the tiny room and none of the guests batted an eyelid😂🤣. Eventually they walked up the tiny tiny teeny aisle. I have never ever been to a wedding anything like this. Why do they get it so wrong - I wonder if it is because some of the writers are from abroad. You would think the actors would say to them this is actually a really poor setting of an Irish wedding. How hard would it be to get the other characters dressed up for the wedding or have the siblings there to make it a bit believable. It gave me a good laugh anyway- I cant wait for Thursdays episode where we get to see the sham reception!

I think she's taking a year out, but you're right. She'll move down to Dermot.

Not sure how they'll write Dearbhla out, probably attacked too and she'll go live with Zak, which will make way for his return at xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 33,747 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

It was for Damien to then concoct an idea in his head that Dean wanted Damien to contaminate the bag and remove the evidence that it was somehow Dean behind the murder.

…and Damien still being upset at Dean for not being at the funeral…all this was put together so Damien could come out with the idea that it was down to guilt over the murder as being the reason for no attendance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭brokenbad

Who's the mute barman in McCoy's? Never batted an eyelid when Damien and Dean almost went to blows!

The Ram addressed him as 'Joe' when he was ordering a black coffee.

He actually has been in quite a few episodes at this stage. A bit like Fran in the Community center he has had about 3 or 4 words. He must not have an Actors union card (Equity) yet, soo he can't be paid and therefore can't have any actual full lines

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Emma's mighty decolletage was well worth delaying the sham wedding for... Hubba, Hubba 😻

I wonder will the Ram try his arm with her at the reception??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Last night's episode was by far the worst acting by any actor ever (Damien). It was cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Hayley and her father having a big loud discussion in a postage stamp sized room about if she should marry James or not while he was waiting at the altar about 3ft away 🤣

Top notch stuff.

Is there a feedback form that can be sent in to either the actors or scriptwriters?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Damien when he hits McCoys later tonight for a few whiskeys. The acting skills are so similar it’s chilling 🤣🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,812 ✭✭✭✭Sadb

……

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Catching up here to see if it is safe to resume watching but alas, still no murderer so I will stay well clear.

They will have to make the murderer an everyday character to be credible. When did Pete's addiction start? It could be somebody like him and at least we would buy it. Maybe Laura came to Dolores defence speaking to Pete after flying home.to surprise D for his birthday, and Pete lost it.

If it turns out to be some randomer that hasn't been in the show in months, much like the victim, even more viewers will tune out.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,980 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Mrs raff is the worst character ever

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Photobox

I agree. A cliché character

• Registered Users Posts: 30,471 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

With a bit better scripts. I think she could be a real vixen/cougar type character instead of this type of funny over the top mother.

I want Erica's mother to come back into it..she was an entertaining character, way better than Emma.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭Deeec

I agree she was a good character. I think it would be great if she got together with Pete. They would be an hilarious couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,117 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm surprised Anna is at the self defense in the park class without shadow Gwen

• Advertisement

Actually, that got me thinking about that bizarre new ad for FC with her. It's all rather upmarket and jazzy for FC.

Advertisement