Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options
1163164165166167169»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,018 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Is this the dreaded ICCU?

Went out this evening to drive to Dublin and the above popped up. Thankfully it happened on my drive so I didn't move at all. I disconnected the 12v for half an hour and reconnected but the error remained.

Just waiting on AA now but my guess is the car will have to go to the local dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Summer2020

yeah that’s the iccu. Have you not had the update (s) ?

All updates done. Was only in being serviced in April and I was told everything was up to date now. 26k km on it and been DC charged around 20 times.

AA have arranged collection of the car for tomorrow and I had a call from Europa Car 20 minutes later to arrange a loan car. I could have had an i10 tonight or if I wait until tomorrow they'll arrange something bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭bkeane

I got same message yesterday morning but it disappeared when I went out to the car later on. I have had all the updates done on the car. Hopefully it doesn't show again.

I'm just sending it down to the dealer to be on the safe side and make sure it's right. I don't want herself getting stuck somewhere and then it becomes a bigger issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭denismc

Have you guys checked your 12v batteries lately?

If you have the original battery it could now be on the way out due to issues with the ICCU, I just replaced mine recently after it dropped below 12v a few times.

I didn't check mine because I didn't have a a battery tester at home. I couldn't find my ODB dongle then either to plug in and see if that would get me a reading.

AA guy didn't check the 12v last night but the recovery truck guy today asked if I wanted to try jumping it to see if that would work as he had to do that recently on a local Garda Ioniq 5. I'm not sure if he tried or not after because I'm in work but the car is showing in the dealers now on the App.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I'm fascinated by the "emergency plug" - I didn't know that was a thing, but I can see how it would work.

According to the internet that car should have turned into a raging inferno that burned for weeks ;)

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

It's hilarious. ICE vehicle fires are way more common than BEV fires, but nobody seems troubled by a vehicle full of volatile liquid on fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,984 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

A ICE can be relatively easily extinguished with a bit of water, a BEV battery can't. But as with most things BEV it's just sensationalist journalists stoking fears.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭eagerv

The missus got a warning yesterday when getting into car to travel home from work, was gone before she got a pic of it and doesn't remember what warning was for. Unfortunately all power was then gone😯.

Her booster battery was flat! Fortunately a work mate jump started the car and she drove home normally. I brought her car to my local tyre place today where they had the same 12v battery in stock, which they fitted for all in price of €85. At least wont break the bank, but hopefully that's all the problem is and not the dreaded ICCU. (She has had the update done recently.)

Just to be on the safe side we have booked car in with Hyundai so they can read the faults.

I got an i10 loaner car last night off them. I have to put the key in the door to open it 😯

Dealer didn't get to look at the car until last Monday as they had a few service techs out sick. They seemed to run a long test of some sort judging by the notifications I got overnight and then the car went offline.

ICCU gone and parts were ordered on Friday but no timeline on delivery yet.

Communication with the dealer was poor and I only got one unprompted call back. I rang every other day chasing for an update and to request a loaner car.

I'm setting myself for another 3-4 weeks without the car now but at least we have something to get around in. Will be strongly considering my options when the car is back and will go look at the Polestar 2 which seems to be available at a decent price now.

Hopefully all will be well with you, I showed your previous picture to the missus and she thinks only the 12V low warning came up, but the warning you got may have also flashed up. Will see if the ICCU problem appears on ours.

I think herself will be looking at something else when the time comes to change, probably the Model Y. She does prefer the systems on my Model 3.

My warning stayed on the car after disconnecting the 12v and leaving it sit for a half hour and then reconnecting it.

Thanks, her car seems fine with new 12V battery now. Will keep fingers crossed..🙂

I think the Ioniq 5 is the best car we've owned and it had been very reliable up until it wasn't so that's what's making me think that trading it in might be best.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭crisco10

we had an incident with a five year old and leaving the lights on the other week, car was behaving strangely but jump started from battery pack and it seems fine since.

Hoping it doesn’t trigger any ICCU issues or anything. So far we have had 30 months of trouble free motoring (bar a bunch of slow punctures!) and plan to keep the car for another 4 years at least.

Correction; we do get that annoying error about being stuck in gear. Changing in and out of drive fixes it, but it’s annoying. And garage just keep saying they can’t replicate it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Maybe video the “stuck in gear” error with your phone, it should provide sufficient proof there is an issue. Hyundai like to avoid paying out on warranty claims unless you push hard but it won’t fix itself.

We just replaced our 12v recently after a couple of non starts, we replaced the original 60 Ah with a 65Ah Yuasa lead acid.

We have a battery monitor and the new battery seems to maintain the same voltage for longer without needing to be topped up.

If you having are to use a booster then I would look into replacing the battery, you might be ok for the summer but once the cold weather comes that battery is very likely to fail again.

We had no battery issues for 2 years but once we had our first the second one came a month later.

We also had the stuck in gear problem which did worsen over time, luckily the garage did order the new selector when we first brought in after noticing. Took a few months for part to arrive, but at least the car was driveable.

Well worth keeping the pressure on your dealership.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭CivilEx

Car is back now and all seems well with it. Parts were delivered to the dealer yesterday and all works completed today.

Car was with the dealer from 12th June, wasn't looked at until 18th or that. Parts ordered 20th and arrived 1st. Turnaround time has definitely improved since the original ICCU issues people on here had so that's a positive.

Good news👍️.

Ours touch wood seems fine since the new 12v battery, but have reported to the garage. If ICCU needs doing they will only give courtesy car for two days so the quicker the part comes in the better..

Was it Waterford told you that? Hyundai themselves cover a rental for two days.

I got an i10 last Monday from Bolands once they got it back in so I can't complain about that. I happend to get a call from the service manager in Lyngs in Carlow two days after mine went into Bolands and and he said they'd done a few ICCUs up there now and they normally have a car for you when it's in (usually an older car they've in the yard if none of the regular cars are available).

It was Kilkenny who said about the two days. If the car gives trouble will give Wexford a shout. Didn't buy this one from them but bought two previously.

• Advertisement

I didn't buy mine there either. Try Carlow as well and ask would they provide a loan car.

Advertisement