Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

The cop in Eric is great.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,477 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Im 4 episodes in Eric right now.

not sure how they can wrap this one up, theres not one redeeming character in the whole show apart from the cop, but even at that they've written him a little bit too tortured and persecuted to be honest.

Its extremely well acted allowing for the fact that Cumberbatch has to ham it up to play his character as hes manic. The mother is excellent and Dan Fogler plays the is he / isnt he best friend very well.

looking forward to seeing how it concludes, and hoping it doesn't go all Harlan Coban ……….

• Registered Users Posts: 60,546 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 32,594 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Glowing review for Under Paris might have to give it a spin

• Registered Users Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Great popcorn flick - ignore the absurdity, turn your brain off and you'll really enjoy it

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,477 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Weird ending. Doom and gloom irrationally surround a Disney moment.

It was so jarring and against the tone of the whole series out really stood out as just plain stupid.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,394 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Richard Linklater's Hit Man is out on Netflix tomorrow, which I've heard pretty much only good things about since it did the festival rounds last autumn. Stars Glen Powell and Adria Arjona, and is no relation to the video game series (and subsequent terrible film adaptations) of the same name (minus a space). Would've loved to see it in the cinema but alas the Netflix limited release didn't make it to any Irish cinema as far as I can tell… Still, looking forward to giving this a whirl over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Masala

ya…. Good suspense in there and overall a good watch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,893 ✭✭✭appledrop

Just finished Bodkin, thought it was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,870 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Hitman is very enjoyable! Real laugh out moments and an actual plot! Helps to be a glen powell fan of course!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I must have been in a real bad mood on Friday night when I watched this. I didn't laugh once. It had no action. You could sum up the plot in five sentences. When I finished it, I was wondering what kind of movie it was trying to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,870 ✭✭✭Rfrip

awh!!! One man’s dirt is another man’s treasure and all that!
    gave under Paris a go there! Not bad at all! Kinda like a more sophisticated sharknado!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Watched first episode of Eric, it's clearly a well made show but I really don't want to keep watching if it's going to depict child abuse and/or death. Could someone let me know with spoilers if that's the case or even if it's a happy ending ultimately. Not in the right headspace to watch something like that right now

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭brookers

Great series, keep watching, great acting, yes the characters in it are not very nice, apart from Marlons mum and the cop Ledroit, it really brings back the 80s with the music and the puppets….plus New York and the homeless, poverty etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Enjoying the new hitler series, there's one or two parallels pointed at in a subtle manner (!?) to modern day things but all in its a good series on its own merits

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭RurtBeynolds

Hit Man is not a good movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭Damien360

It's a movie of 2 Half's. First half can be funny and is decent. Then it just looses it's way and became a bore fest. Stuck it out but I'd struggle to recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,594 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

It is really awful...cliche upon cliche...bad acting..dodgy CGI... thoroughly enjoyed it! The last 25 minutes is bonkers.

Some of the other suggested titles are brilliant!

I expect sequels!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭Caquas

"How to Rob a Bank" tells the story of an unlikely bank robber who went on a spree in Seattle in the 1990s. From a middle-class family, he never attracted police attention. He walked into the banks and walked out with bags of their cash.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81427740

As usual, the FBI role is magnified and they give us an implausible theory about how they finally caught up with their man. I think the story is simpler - the cops were tipped off and they had a tracker in the stolen cash. Either way, it is a fascinating time capsule and well worth watching the single episode.

When was the last major bank robbery in Ireland? Lots of cash in transit robberies but not banks themselves, I think. I assume that is because security at the branches have made it too risky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭aidanodr

Our recommend is GRISELDA.

Queenpin. Innovator. Mother. Killer. Griselda is a woman of substance. From creative minds who brought you Narcos comes Griselda

Apparently losely based on a true story/character.

We are on the last episode so no spoilers :D

Watched first episode of Eric, Jaysus hard hitting stuff, New York looks like a horrible kip at the time and father is such a nasty character, but so well acted.

Don't waste your time on Ashley Madison, pile of crap. If it was just one episode o would have said yeah grand but 3 episodes basically just loads of filler material.

The moral of the story is to stay away from all those religious types in America as they are the worst for the affairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,851 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I thought the original ashley madison doc(dirty secrets) was much better, more on Biderman and his affair also along with the wholesome josh duggar who's now in jail

The lastest one was crap, not sure why it was even released.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,702 ✭✭✭jj880

Netflix's documentaries are hit and miss. Some top drawer and others more like box ticking efforts: "We've that covered no need to look elsewhere". The Sophie Du Plantier docuseries was the same for me. Sky's version is vastly superior.

Enjoyed this:

Very interesting and well made I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Secret Diary of a Call Girl is a great watch. 20 minute episodes mean you’ll whizz through them. Billie Piper is just perfect. Well done her for taking on the role.

Eric is outstanding, honest to god I've cried about 8 times watching it for all different reasons but don't want to give anything away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Netflix don’t even promote new content on their app or browser.

SUPACELL was added in the last couple of days. No mention of it on the home screen and the only reason I know it exists is that happened to be read Empire Magazine.

Same happened with COWBOY BEBOP.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,926 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Supacell sounds good! Thanks for the heads up, like you I'd heard nothing about it from Netflix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,021 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I occasionally check the new and upcoming section of Netflix to see what's new or coming so saw it mentioned there. Or sites like just watch or flixable.

But then the "recently added" section seems to only have new releases show up a day or 2 later. Unless it's some new reality show then they make sure you're aware of it.

Advertisement