Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seetec/National Employment Service (NES)

Options
  • 28-05-2024 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, anyone have experience with National employment service or NES?. I received a letter about meeting with them, and the address is my local Seetec office. I recently finished college on BTEA, and I am looking for a graduate role ideally and have some interviews lined up so I'm hoping to sign off ASAP.

This is what the letter I got said: "I am writing to inform you that the Department of Social Protection has selected you for the Intreo Partner: National Employment Service (NES), a new 52 week employment service which will provide intensive employment support services to help you find employment."

I was briefly on jobpath before for a couple weeks before my degree, and I didn't sign any agreements or any personal progression plans and it was fine. I'm wondering, do you have to sign any personal progression plans (PPP) with NES/Seetec?

By a quick google NES seems to just be essentially a Seetec thing, so I assume I can refuse to sign their PPP and still engage and get my job seekers payment.

I'd appreciate any input, thanks.

Post edited by Cookiee on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,984 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Engage, do not sign the PPP, you are not legally obliged to do so. Attend meetings etc, your payment won't be affected.

Lots of threads on Seetac, Turas Nua in this forum, just search both.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Thanks, had a feeling it was the same Seetec stuff just now under the name of 'National Employment Service' but still operated by the same crowd.

It's called "Pathways to Work", replaced the equally ridiculous & expensive "Jobs Path" both a scandalous waste of Taxpayers money IMHO

Little update to anyone reading. I've been offered a job so I start soon, however still had the Seetec/NES meeting before that.

I have to say, there were rude and insisted I must tell them where exactly I'll be working and the hours etc. - I told them it's a full time job and when I start, but they wanted to know the company name, and I refused, so then he made me talk to his manager.

The manager then kind of threatened me by saying 'do you want to get paid next week' insinuating that if I don't share the details of my new job they'll get my payment stopped, However once I told her I'll do everything else - I just won't share those details, she was a bit nicer and agreed that I don't have to share the details of my new job and don't have to consent to data sharing.

So, I didn't sign the data sharing consent thing, and then in terms of the PPP, he went through all the steps and questions for it - which I answered. However at the end when it was time to give my signature I refused to sign it so he said ok and just signed the box with 'N/A'.

What I find funny is I was emailed shortly after an email containing a copy of my 'personal progression plan document' even though I didn't sign it. Funny thing is though, the PPP is password protected and I don't have the password to even read it and see what it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Bully Boy tactics :(

• Advertisement

Yeah honestly! I believe what people say when they say they're bullies, they really are but I tried my best to stand my ground and at least I'll be working again so won't have to deal with them much longer

Absolutely outrageous & I would report them. Essentially what they are trying to get, is credit & bonus from DSP by claiming they got you the job. Tell them absolutely nothing, when you are signing off, send an email to your intero centre. They will also try & contact your new employer, advise them to absolutely not.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

They would have claimed a bounty for getting you a job. That is what they do.

Thanks that's exactly what I thought they were trying to do to be honest, he wanted me to email him all the details of the new job, the company name, location, hours and so on - had a feeling it was so he could try claim commission off it even though I got this job offer before dealing with them!

I've notified my intreo centre about my start date of the new job and luckily won't be in contact with Seetec again once I start the job and won't be disclosing the job details with them.

Yeah that's exactly that, couldn't believe they were so pushy and basically threatening about it when I told them I wasn't comfortable sharing the details especially since I got the job myself.

I understand it more if they helped me apply for the job or something but they didn't! They really haven't changed anything over the years, there's so many similar posts and stories like this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

I had a brief encounter with them a couple of years ago. They were extremely pushy and talked the talk but I was well able for them.

I challenged my 'advisor' on their qualifications and expertise in their analysis of my needs and experience. Backed off a little and told me I was 'probably' interview and c.v. ready.

Admittedly they caught me on a bad day !

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Quay_Koncept

I got this exact same letter and funnily enough have just got a part time job, dont start until after meeting. When I tell them diplomatically that I dont feel comfortable sharing details of new employer or that I dont want to sign Data Sharing agreement, can they report that back to my Intreo contact as "This guys not playing ball" and then have intreo on my case as to why Im keeping important details from Seetec re employment?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Cloudbee

had my meeting with them two weeks ago, I didn't consent to the data sharing they just tick the no boxes and have you sign that, you shouldn't be hassled by them as the data sharing is based on your consent, and while you do have to fill out the ppp with them, there is a check box at the bottom of the ppp that while you won't sign, you do agree to participate it the NES ( as seen in pic of my ppp), so they can't then go to intero and say you're refusing to comply with them, you will have proof that you are, they send you a copy of your completed ppp in pdf form and you use the last 4 digits of your pps to view it, have heard nothing form the intreo even after refusing to consent for the data sharing.

Just wanted to add, if you're worried, they ask for your consent about the data sharing first,in the case you do get a job, so don't mention the part time job straight away, tick no on the boxes and get the consent form sign, then when they start filling of the ppp with you, tell them about the part time job, by then it will be too late, to ask you details and you have not consented, just make sure the no box is ticked on the ppp, there shouldn't be any problems

Wow thanks for sharing this and for sharing what the Password to the PPP pdf is, I couldn't access my copy of the PPP till now! Although now I'm working I wanted to see the document.

I have nothing under my 'action items declaration' - which makes me believe my advisor did not tick any box for me...I don't remember there being any box there to tick - so he likely skipped that which is a bit concerning, and then he just wrote 'N/A' in client signature section - I didn't even write it, but I suppose it doesn't matter now that I'm working full time, and I guess if I'm unemployed again it can be edited or I'll enquire about it

Post edited by Cookiee on

You'll be ok not consenting to the data sharing, my advisor was just extra rude I believe and wanted to know where I was working so he could claim commission (even though I got the job myself before ever talking to them).

Tell them you're not comfortable sharing that information as you lined up the job yourself and that you don't consent to data sharing - and then just be careful before signing anything, make sure to tick no to data consent, and don't sign the PPP

no problem glad you could get into your ppp file, yeah there is definitely a box, i remember because when i told my advisor i wouldn't be signing the ppp, my advisor also nearly did the same and was just going to leave it blank and put in a note. she then just asked another advisor how to proceed and the other advisor and myself had to point to the box, by the sound of it not many are told to check the box if the person refuses to sign, so i wouldn't be to concerned. congratulations on the job!!

Thanks! And yeah seems like maybe all advisors aren't told how to handle a client when they don't intend on signing because he never mentioned a box, as soon as I said I won't sign he just filled in the 'N/A' thing in the signature box. But anyway, at least I'm working now and if I end up going back to them in the future I know what to do. Thanks again! And goodluck

Advertisement