Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭taxAHcruel

I am starting to think watching other people using VR will never not be funny. My 10 year old son in Gorrila tag looks like a complete lunatic.

Not messed much with it myself. My girlfriends got the job of trying out a host of free games just to pre vet them for suitability for the kids. There is a basketball game that is just hilarious to watch them play.

Not sure what to invest in for our first actually paid for game. Into the Radius was made sound very good above so that is tempting. Back when I used to have more time for computer games I also liked Assasains Creed games a lot - though I know the people who hate them really hate them :) Was the AC game made for VR any good at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭jj880

Best single player game on standalone headset for me is Resident Evil 4. Its long but never boring, weapon play and mechanics are excellent, non stop action and wickedly addictive.

Havent played the Assassin's Creed game but a few have commented on it here. I think @mrcheez enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,740 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Definitely recommend Resident Evil 4. I never played the original so even as a non-fan I loved it.

Assassin's Creed game is excellent, very polished.

Only played a bit of Into the Radius, but that too is looking very nice

recommendation on the first two… though I'll always secretly love a certain bow and arrow game the most 😜

New Walkabout Mini Golf course out Thursday.

Set in Venice from the new passport series of courses. Looks to be relaxation / serene themed along the lines of Gardens Of Babylon or Shangri-La. Ive every dlc course so far. They're all excellent.

Anyone using quest games optimiser?

1 of our quest 2 headsets is out of 2 year warranty so wana give it a go unless anyone has had any issues?

• Advertisement

Playing through my backlog yesterday and came upon a game I didn't know I had (not sure if it was a Quest + freebie?) called Espire 1: VR Operative

After playing through about 10 games I considered blurry or boring tosh, I wasn't expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised by the polish and graphics on this one, and the feeling of immersion climbing around the building felt very good. I ended up playing it till 2am, despite only intending to try it for 30 mins or so.

There's an Espire 2 so perhaps I got Espire 1 as a freebie because of that?

Also tried Floor Plan 2 (which was a Quest + freebie), which has absolutely stunning clarity on Meta Quest 3… might be down to the art style, but I'd consider it console-quality visually. As for the game, it's "different" anyway, not sure it's my cup o tea 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Currently a May30 code for 30% off listed games

there was something similar for Quest+ subscribers too, but not sure if that applies to all games?

I've really gotta start getting cracking on using up my "Meta Money" or whatever it's called before it expires ;)

Good discount on tp-link AX1800 wi-fi 6 router on Amazon £51

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09VPRWGR7

90 euro in harvey norman.

Started In Death: Unchained this morning. Blasting through Siege Of Heaven to get started.

Has the makings of a 50+ hour game for me which I dont say often in VR. Really addictive and amazing feel to it. Need to speed up my bow and arrow firing action 🤣

• Advertisement

Having a bit of bother with Oculus PCVR games and Virtual Desktop after the Meta Quest Link PC software update.

No matter what I try I cant get PCVR Oculus games to launch in VR when running Virtual Desktop. Now they always run in a 2d window on the desktop. Wierd. My Quest 2 headset is paired with PC in the Meta Quest Link PC software.

Looking to play Lone Echo again. Any ideas?

Edit: Apparently certain oculus pcvr games have been updated to the latest sdk (e.g. walkabout mini golf, pistol whip) and now will only play 360 in meta link and 2d in Virtual Desktop. Meta link is unplayable for me at the moment. Very laggy. Oh well maybe virtual desktop will come up with a fix soon...

Post edited by jj880 on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

You could ask on the discord. Can't seem to find any issues specific to yours on there. You might need to change the runtime in the Oculus app. Did you try launching the games from the "Games" menu in VD? Also try checking your steam vr settings.

Yeah same games launch from VD oculus section in 2d. Found this though. They mustnt have released a fix yet as their are no Virtual Desktop updates available for me. SteamVR games are all good. I launched walking dead from the oculus pcvr library and its runs in 360 no problem. Looks like a known issue with certain games.

That sounds like some scummy tactics from Meta if it's intentional. I'm sure VD will fix it in the next update though. Maybe you could try airlink for now. I prefer VD too.

Just noticed that the posts in that Reddit thread or 7 months old?

I'll try to launch an a PCVR game from the rift store tomorrow and let you know how I get on.

The ones that wouldnt work for me were walkabout and pistol whip.

Lone Echo is actually still ok so I'm happy with that. The new Meta Quest Link just doesnt play ball for me. Its absolutely terrible for my setup for some reason. Virtual Desktop is better than ever. Smooth as butter.

Damn this looks amazing. From creators of The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners.

If theres no gathering / crafting I'll be getting it day 1. Combat looks top drawer.

Ive been having great fun in Mudrunner VR today. One of the best looking open world games on the quest, the vehicle interiors look nice and sharp and there's nice attention to detail outside too.

It's a pretty chill game until you get stuck in a lake! 🤣

If they add walking locomotion and allow you to put your head outside the windows it will be even better.

Here's my referral code if anyone wants to take the plunge! ( Pun intended)

Cant wait for this to come out. Might give reloaded another go today, they updated the hell out of that game. 2 looks like a proper warzone.

Oh and PSA to anyone buying games on quest. Use a Japanese VPN and you'll get games a lot cheaper. Zero Caliber 2 is €27 to preorder but only €15 with VPN set to Japan just as an example.

• Advertisement

VRider SBK looks impressive. Anyone tried it?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭paulie13

Yup, really like it. Quest Optimizer makes a huge different on the Quest 3 as well, graphics-wise (250%-ish increase). Really intuitive controls with the twisting of the right controller to accelerate. Found some initial issues with not being able to find a multiplayer game, but looks to be sorted now. Gives a great feeling of speed. DM me if you want a referral code.

I have a 30% off I need to use up before it expires so might use it there.

I haven't tried Optimizer yet, must give it a go too!

Been looking at Optimizer myself. Was a bit iffy about overheating / warranty with it but if boards members are using on Quest 3 with no issues I'll be getting it 👍

They released a quest 3 graphics update yesterday. It's great fun but I haven't played it since the app lab says. I used use quest Optimiser to boost the visuals back then too.

Grabbed Quest Optimizer there, can't wait to try it tomorrow

Yeah, I played it last night post-update and the Quest Optimiser was only showing an 130%-ish increase, so the update must have it looking pretty good for everyone on the Q3 now.

It's looking to be a good month for sim racers on the Quest 3. Downtown Club is out today on early access. Reckon I'll be grabbing it based on the video below. Love the working mirrors and the fact the gear changes seem pretty intuitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Keith186

FLY90-C69323

Use this code for 90% off Flight 74.

€25 down to €2.50 using code. Haven't played it but can't go wrong at that price!

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/app/4939588089476517/?utm_source=oculus&utm_medium=share

• Advertisement

€2! Just bought it.

Advertisement