Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ebay

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭bewareofthedog

Not to turn thread into personal blog 😂 It arrived this morning from fastway couriers. Thanks for the help :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Just been in contact with them re a transaction fee being levied on an item I sold last week. This despite their recent announcement that selers' fees on second hand clothing are being scrapped. It seems this only applies to UK sellers. That strikes me as very unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭Goose81

I am selling a phone and I said I would ship it to the EU and UK only. If someone in the UK buys it and is then hit with customs and refuses that package will eBay side with me?

Im concerned now as to whether I should have listed that I would sell it to the UK at all because most of them think Ireland is the UK and I assume won't realise they are liable for possible VAT or customs..

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭HorseSea

Someone else may be able to confirm this as I am not 100% sure as I have not sold to UK since Brexit, but I understood that eBay now automatically collect the correct duty as part of checkout process for amounts up to (I think) €150. You will need to put the correct customs declaration on the package with a copy of the invoice on the outside. Hopefully someone else can be more definite.

Thanks, this is madness I know nothing about filling in customs forms. I'm trying to change the listing now to exclude the UK but it may be too late I think a UK bidder is winning :(

Last time I sold anything on eBay was before Brexit and the buyers were always in the UK so I didn't even think about it

• Advertisement

I was able to change my shipping options and exclude the UK and only include the EU thankfully, I would have been screwed if I couldn't. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭HorseSea

The customs form is easy enough, automatically captured if you buy a postage label online from An Post or if using eBay shipping option, I am sure they capture all the info too. Just your details, the address it is going to, the item description and value. Also you need a taric code, everything has a code these days, but you just goggle taric code and what your item is. Easier though if you can avoid all that.

Advertisement