Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,395 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

It was.

It's more fun to make stuff up though 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Oxo Moran

Yes. The content doesn't support the article header.

They'll have Mary Lou linked to Mountbatten shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭blackwhite

The repeated attempts to rewrite history is something else

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/now-mary-lou-backs-good-republican-slab/34306975.html

https://www.newstalk.com/news/ruairi-quinn-claims-sinn-fin-cannot-be-considered-candidates-for-government-616458?

Everyone has a duty to pay their taxes in full. Full stop. That includes good republicans like Mr Thomas Murphy," she said.

45 posts on a new account, and how many lies posted already?

Zero.

A liar? You party loyalists really take things to the max.

It was Adams who said it. She was asked about it. Granted, she backed it up. She referred to him as a good republican. I've more things of interest to me than nit picking and name calling, trolling for a gotcha moment. You fill your boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

That’s true. When you’re shilling for the Shinners there are more important things than the truth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭mikethecop

aw now , you were just caught in a lie , very clearly and very easily,

That's a lie.

Someone said McDonnell said he was a good republican. I said "I believe it was Adams". Where's the lie?

Someone posted an article with a header that read like she called him a good republican. However the article referenced Adams saying it and wanted her stand on it. I conceded she referred to him as a good republican. Where's the lie?

Is this the kind of thing gets you excited?

read the links

mlm said it too ,

Sinn Féin's Deputy Leader says she still regards Thomas ‘Slab’ Murphy as a good Republican, praising his support for the peace process.

not only trying to re write history but boards threads too , o you shinnerbots are such rascals 😜😜😜

Where did I recall or repeat inaccurately?

If you read the article well, you'd know it was Adam's who said it and they wanted her opinion, did she agree? She did.

There's no lie and no re-write. When I said I believed it was Adams, I was right, even though I never said it was a fact. Look up what 'I believe' means in conversation.

Get a hobby son. Seriously. I know it's easier to go after the shinners than defend Fine Gael.

but she said it too i even gave you the quote , come on keep up

lol . surely its time for shinnerbots to upgrade the programming ? what with the election and all . or is the American and Russian money drying up ?

call them out once and they go straight to ff fg shill . can we not just detest sf for what it is ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,399 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Shinners getting a creasing in the elections it would appear?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

Seems that way Brendan. Coming dead last in Clontarf for example. Now it’s not all leafy Clontarf and Howth Road Raheny down there - lots of Fairview, Artane, even part of Coolock.

Seems the electorate have a bit of sense,Bobby.

Saw through the cant and spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,395 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I think SF ran too many. They'll split their vote in some councils and get nothing

Indeed, thought they could sweep the board.

Didn’t give the electorate credit for having a bit of sense.

Though everybody held the same views as in their heartlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

Seemingly a few more tiktok from the permanently outraged Pearse and everything will be good

SF are incompetent, have always been incompetent and nothing going to change that for a long time

Lets just hope their little online group of clowns might shut up for a few months so it will be safe to use the internet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

There had too many candidates, silly policies such as the 300k houses, that arent a solution and how many times can they say we have made a complaint to the Garda and asked for an investigation, come across as grim and dour dont seem to be able to play the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,675 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Nope, it wasn't just Adams, it was MLMD too.

What do you think about the election results?

So if I use MLK's 'I have a dream' speech, it'll be equally attributed to me? Great. It's not that important to me. Adam's said it. MLMD was asked about it, she agreed with Adams. I really don't care.

The results were very disappointing. I was hoping FF/FG would lose more seats than even the Greens did.

Every party bar the government parties gained seats. It was only FF/FG and Green who lost seats.

The problem for the other parties, including SF, is there are no stand out opposition to catch the imagination. So all the votes lost by FF/FG and Green are being distributed in a number of places.

Nobody is swallowing the nonsense that the government lost the local elections, why are all the Shinners so keen to put it out there?

The reason the Sinn Fein vote was down from the general election, and very far down, is because the party as a whole and the leader in particular have a huge credibility problem. Nobody believes that they will bring change because they don't have a clue what to do to change and don't have a single credible policy on any issue. Pretending that they didn't lose badly, as you and Lynn Boylan are intent on doing, only adds to the credibility problem.

• Advertisement

Oh they flipped real quick, as I pointed out on another thread this is the record over the last 3 locals

SF are still a mile off 2014 election result, according to all the noise for the last few years SF was going to walk all the elections and the government parties would be dead

How many thread started on here about no FF supporters left, or FG are dead now etc etc

It's a terrible result for SF, no other way to paint it

FF - 267

FG – 235

SF – 159

GP – 12

FF - 279

FG – 255

SF –  81

GP – 49

FF - 244

FG – 242

SF – 100

GP – 23

You are not responding to what I posted, but what you believe I meant.

You are wrong. I never said they lost. I said FF/FG and Greens lost seats, which they did. The nonsense here is selling FF/FG/Green losing seats as a win. Although they did better than expected I think.

Every other party gained seats.

You are wrong. I never said they didn't do badly. They did very poorly, but did gain more seats. The writing was on the wall the last several weeks. I wasn't expecting them to crush it. I was hoping FF/FG would lose more seats than they did.

The celebration is FF/FG not doing as bad as expected and SF not doing as well as they might have hoped, which rings a little hollow.

Yes, SF need to work on their brand if they want to be the party to hoover up all the votes leaving FF/FG and the Greens.

Connolly House will be not pleased with these results.

That’s where the seat of ‘power’ is.

But all the votes aren't leaving FF, FG and the Greens, they are still getting around 50% of the votes, enough for an overall majority next time out.

Furthermore, the big take out from this election is that FF and FG voters are transferring to each other for the first time in 100 years. That only increases the chances of the government returning. MLMD should start looking to 2030, and in the meantime shut up talking about a united Ireland and other far-fetched dreams like the 300k houses.

We have had 4 years of listening to SF celebrating a election when they got from the opposition to the opposition. painting that as some sort of achievement

We know have another election when SF failed and SF trying to tell us it is an achievement

Notice a pattern starting here?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,629 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I wonder which votes SF lost the most of -

Was it the "New SF vote" from the last GE who decided there was no "change"?

OR

Was the "Traditional SF vote" from the last GE who decided there was too much "change"?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Yes, FF/FG combined would likely have more seats than SF. If things remain steady. FF/FG don't lose too much, SF don't gain too many.

They are also in a coalition for the first time in 100 years. This will not happen in a general election to any great extent, especially when both parties will be scrambling to look as different as possible. Regina Doherty put the boot in to the greens, but I suppose they don't expect the greens to be around after the next GE.

I don't believe a United Ireland played any role in SF not gaining as much as they may have. With the conservative right, led by Gript, all but wiped out, I'm not sure what the field of play will look like.

Mea cupla on your part.

They didn't lose votes, they gained votes. It was only the government parties who lost votes.

They dropped sharply in the polls. The support they seemed to have in the polls certainly didn't move to the anti-immigrant patriots nua,

MLMD is good for a clanger, who is advising her is the interesting part

She will be all guns blazing now to come out with a couple of whoppers ot get back onto the internet with some videos etc

We can expect a couple of her "Dear Deirdre" letters in leaders questions etc

All noise, irrelevant noise that everyone is sick of listening to, of course backed up by faux outrage Pearse and shout from behind MLMD Eoin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,629 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I realise that prima facie but on the overall scheme of things the 1st preference votes and overall national trends so and so forth are well down as stated by SF themselves. Why is there soul searching in SF and statements such as we "we need clearer policies" and "we will listen to the electorate" etc etc if it is such a success.

The only SF rep I heard put a brave face on things was Lynn Boylan who used your spin. That SF are up but did not do as well as hoped. But the reality is that is simplistic narrative as you no doubt are well aware.

SF basically have to back a horse now instead of trying to sit between two stools. It is fascinating to watch. But how do SF become a top of the class on the left, while also getting votes from the middle classes but at the same time not alienating traditional SF, and the SF cohort in NI? It is almost an impossible balancing act.

SF's only other alternative is to jettison NI SF and make a clean break from that NI jingoistic Republican mindset and usual tried phrases etc. But that is not going to happen as long as that cohort are still breathing.

But SF do have some advantages they can get away with a lot of stuff that would sink most other democratic parties. I think it is coming to the stage where the disadvantages are outweighing the advantages.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Advertisement