Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2024 **No Ticket Sales / Requests** - Waiting in line, terrible time, over familiar

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I see our aul mucker nile was in Dublin last night!
    simpler times complaining about him popping up every year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭Fanirish

No I did not. Said headliners are between €500-€750k range. Court case back in 2013 cause John Reynolds was not happy that FR paid the Killers 500k to headline EP 2012 and said EP got stung for it as FR wanted the Killers for their other festivals in europe around then and needed EP as part of the package deal.

Only point I’m making is when an-artist can sell 30,000 tickets and generate nearly €2m in revenue here in ireland EP is not going the cheap route by booking them. Agents fight a hard bargain for their artist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭dav09

I have to wonder how far FR will push it in the future/long term goal, will they ever try expand again or is it now at a sweet spot between being sold out consistently/in demand every year.

I know many festivals now going to two weekends instead one, even if scaled back slightly each weekend it would be difficult to see it selling 100k+ tickets in a country this size, recent lineups alienating a good portion of core festival go-ers is an interesting trend too. I've also noticed a trend of festival sites once set up for the summer being used for multiple festivals with different target audiences, i.e. I wonder could they make EP a very mainstream festival and then have a more scaled back festival at Stradbally the following week (or previous week) with more alternative/indie acts, scaled down site with just main stage, salty dog, and some other areas, etc. Obviously the following week wouldn't work with R&L this year but in future years/ you get the idea (or have it earlier in August to compete with ATN). I also find it really difficult to see where Longitude fits into FR's overall current strategy as they're booking a lot of the same acts for that and EP now instead of before with it being hip hop (and previously indie). Obviously Marlay Park site being already somewhat set up for summer gigs is a factor.

These are mostly just thoughts/ramblings, but you do have to wonder where it is heading.

EP will stay roughly same capacity for next few years.
    won’t be second weekend or any downsized festival at stradbally.
    longitude will pivot more towards dance music. They have moved back from being concentrating on chart rap/rnb to include dance acts a bit more in last year or two. It’s mainstream current chart festival so whatever is popular dictates line up.

Maybe they will extra day just for 2 johnnies audience

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭crl84

Very few festivals can do 2 weekends in the same place. Primavera tried it 2 years ago and then didn't bother after that (they tried Barcelona/Madrid last year and that was a minor disaster).

Highly unlikely Laois CoCo would grant a second weekend right after, locals would largely be opposed. Also the issue of the ground, it's fine doing it at Coachella, but one wet weekend and Stradbally would be in **** for the following weekend. Can remember a few seriously muddy EPs in the early 2010s and that was only after 2 days and 20k people....

If FR were to do another indie/guitar centric festival, I think it would be in June to capture the large amount of acts touring European festivals then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Its the last roll of the dice this year. 2025 will see further descent into hellish vandalism and musical harikari with the 4 horsemen of the shitpocalypse. Gav James, Picture This, Kenno, 2 Jonnys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Any Electric Picnic news?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭GentleHumour

Caught Faithless last night in Paradiso, Amsterdam. Full live band, two drum kits and Sister Bliss centre stage.

It’s their first tour since the death of Maxi Jazz. They weave in clips of him on their classic hits (Insomnia, We Come One, God is a DJ) but what most impressed me was the other tunes they played sans Maxi. Tunes from All Blessed went down really well. Nathan Ball on vocals and sounded great. Also have a new young female vocalist too.
    They’ve a new album out in September and they played a few of that, also played some classic ‘dance’ hits they funk / rock up.

Class gig. I think a lot of people on here will really enjoy them at EP.

(They are playing Camp Bestival on same weekend as EP on the Sunday night, so they’ll be on either Fri or Sat in Stradbally. Perfect for the aging ravers amongst us).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭rubick

They are at Glastonbury this year on the Glade Stage, which I can already see as being ridiculously over-crowded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Only seen them once, and in a very odd lineup. Anti-Gulf War gig at Shepherd’s Bush Empire in 3003 alongside Paul Weller, Evan Dando, Coldplay, the Bunnymen & Ronan Keating (yes, him). Faithless did an acoustic set (sod all recollection of that) so it’s safer to say I’ve NEVER seen ‘em and this EP set could be a goodie.

A madly, but brilliantly, eclectic lineup, much of it the type of stuff that EP was booking 10-15 years ago. And is there any festival that Sprints are skipping this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Ah Dr.Dog...saw them in the much missed Other Voices stage of a Saturday afternoon back in 2016

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Not specifically an EP question, but anyone able to recommend a decent power bank? Most of the ones I've been recommended on amazon don't seem to ship to Ireland for some reason.

Snarky Snark Snark

absolutely batshit line up, love it!

Bookers obvs off their tits on the good stuff

OMG they have GWAR!

Snarky Snark Snark

go anker or go home, I’ll be bringing a pair of 20,000 mAH with me for the weekend with a 12,000 in daily pack pack.

No one really ships lithium ion here anymore, Best bet is to have someone pick one up in uk and bring home. We might get lucky when Amazon (spit spit) finally give us a .ie version.

Edit: elara!
    https://www.elara.ie/productdetail.aspx?manufacturer=ANKER&mancode=A1367G11

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Again not an EP question but I know a good few folk are from the Galway area. Just wondering is it hard to get from Galway airport to the city? Thinking about getting tickets for 2 door cinema club but want to see the options before booking anything.

• Advertisement

Shuttle buses for all the gigs out there. Simple enough. Taxi too expensive unless there’s 3/4 of you.

kneecap album is mixed, less political than I expected, almost entirely about substances. Decent but not great on first two listens. By Summer’s end they’ll be enormous.

Snarky Snark Snark

saw this and thought it would be the type of thing up your street (and some others here)

https://www.rockawaybeach.co.uk/

Yep, I’d seen it earlier thanks, very good, but the first week in January by the English seaside. 😀

Snarky Snark Snark

that bit does not appeal, seeing two of the primary acts over next few months anyway. (leftfield and arab strap)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Yeah, January strange time to have it alright. I think my sister and brother in law went to a retro fest there before, she loved it, like staying in a hotel on the festival grounds, stroll into town, beach etc. Certainly something to ve said for it. And that's a pretty decent line-up.

Snarky Snark Snark

The website also states "Your price also includes access to the huge swimming complex".

Now that to me just screams out std central with competitive dogging trials given the age range that would be here.

Seeing them also, plus Ride in the Olympia. Who needs EP, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭CuriousCucumber

It's a little funny/depressing, that no one has the heart any more to consider who might be announced in the round two announcement.

We're all too broken by the shambles of the original announcement

Anyway, looking forward to the day that I can put my loyalty tickets up for resale

• Advertisement

the coronas, cmat, kojaque etc

Melvin cannot afford any international acts as barclays are no longer sponsoring latitude etc so Melvin has seen a few million disappear today

Advertisement