Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Kingslayer

Rita Ora's latest photo shoot is her crawling out of a big washing machine in her underwear. Who comes up with this brainless shite?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭AxleAddict

The ludicrous facial expressions that YouTuber's use in their video thumbnails.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Vita nova

Finding empty cans in the park that are so crushed that the deposit can't be claimed or that take far too long to straighten out before returning. Also, saw an empty plastic bottle today that had the plastic wrapper removed, so not refundable. Are there people out there that throw away cans and bottles but leave them so others can't get the deposit refund?!

It wouldn't suprise me. I was at an outdoor concert in England where the beer came in big paper cups. You could return the cup and get some money back, there were people going round collecting all the empties to get the refund so it was keeping the site tidy. Then I saw some arseholes who were ripping their cups into pieces when they were finished so it couldn't be handed back in.

wtf is this now? This jalopy of a site constantly finds new ways to wreck my head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

It's probably because you have prison bars over your profile, once you accumulate a certain number of active warnings your account is restricted.

My TA is the weather, nearly the middle of June and it's overcast, wet and windy. Summer my arse. 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 6,346 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Call centre workers who can’t **** speak the language for the market they are supposed to service.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Going on the description, mysogynists? I'm definitely not going to look it up right now.

Much like LER above, the weather. Having to wear a waterproof jacket going to work in June is a real piss take.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭AMTE_21

GAA players and supporters not respecting the national anthem, they never stand still until the end of it, jumping up and down etc. and the supporters screaming and screeching before the end of it. Also why do they show the players warming up in slow motion, it’s irritating to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

I've a new twist to that one. NCT test centers where the workers can't speak the language - mainly the lads that do the nightshift.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Lunch time so checking emails.

TA - People that don't put anything in the subject line !!!!!!!!

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,610 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Don't worry, AI will replace most call centres in the next few years.

You'll probably be able to select the accent your BOT chats in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,346 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Select “Drunk Kerry farmer with a maximum of 8 teeth” please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

I was at the cricket last year in the UK and you pay an extra £1 for a cup, and then at the end of the day take it back and get your pound back.

There was a couple of wee lads collecting the cups - they took mine on the way out - I’m not bothered about a single £1 and they made a good few bob, fair play.

One right gang of miseries started picking them up and binning them. Just how nasty do you have to be ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

Using a public toilet where the person you just waited for to leave the loo, never mentions that it is out of loo paper!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,410 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

the off the ball website…. Thousands of articles published there… each article has info like the title of the article, who has written it, what company sponsored the article… but not the date or time when it was written / published, so it’s impossible to know if what you are reading is the most bonafide up to date, latest news or opinion or, from 11 hours ago or from a week ago…. Can’t be difficult to add Thursday, June 13th, 10.43am to the header….

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

There is a certain secluded section on one of my routes near a beach where it's usually possible to conceal myself by the side of the van and go for a pee if required (if a man's gotta go....). No public toilets or shops or anything to go the normal way.

Was bursting for one today, and as I was edging towards my 'spot' I was saying to myself 'the weather is shite, surely I won't meet anyone'. Turn the corner, and of course there was a bevvy of women drying themselves off after sea swimming. Darn it anyway.

My teeth were floating in my mouth by the time I got back to the depot.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

An interesting turn of phrase I haven't heard before.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Penny's sizes for 'mens formal wear'

The size 30W must be for someone with Anorexia

If your sensitive about your weight than it won't give much confidence

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

When you're waiting for an important phone call and one comes through from a strange number so you answer;

"Hello this is PPI claims ltd and I'm calling about the claim you submitted earlier this year…."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A ta with a side of 🙄🙄, my nonverbal sister with dementia is having a small surgical procedure later on today, she has her grown-up children with her and both are well acquainted with the medical world.

So while her brother and I are concerned about it all not overly worried. the ta is the bro's attitude to the information he is given in response to questions on the situation which have nothing to do with him.

A trait from his mother I know but still annoying, he asks his question, someone responds, he nods quietly and after a short period of time says "That's ok", like he has any right to an opinion and any freaking clue what was going on most of the time.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Charlo30

Some people's refusal/inability to use traffic lights on busy roads. This simply blithely walk out and expect you to stop. Particularly prevalent on Parkgate St in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭ruth...less

People stealing and feeding off my energies.

Also those bloody new lids on bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Field east

Rte can show players warming up in slow motion BuT CANNOT show thrown passes in slow motion . I WONDER WHY. Surely RTE is not embedded with the GAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,085 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The soft drink bottles ones seem to be better done, I can pop them up ok. Actually makes it easier, don't have to take cap on and off completely and leave down.

Milk cartons are a TA.

I have found with the Avonmore milk cartons, with a small scissors you can cut the 'ring' off easy enough and you have an old style cap.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

People who dismiss your fears - I have severe pain in my leg and I'm going for an MRI and I am VERY claustrophobic and so will keep my eyes firmly closed and listen to the music they give you on headphones.

Telling a colleague this and she actually laughed! "Kids are scared of the monsters in the dark not grown ups!"

Oh just fup off!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,410 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

dental implant becoming just slightly loose… so I’ve a 24 kilometre round trip to get to my dentist, very grateful he can see me at short notice though... but on an afternoon where my relaxing plans were set in stone…I was going to relax, read, go to the gym and come home with a take away and put my feet up.

Hopefully the gym and takeaway is still going to transpire….probably in the opposite order……as I’ve been told not to eat before I get the tooth sorted, I’ll be fûcking starving…. 👀

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

When you're doing a typical mundane task on a Windows machine, like dragging and dropping files or trying to right click on a file and out of nowhere…(Not Responding)

No error message, no nothing, just a freeze. Could last a few seconds, could last forever. TA'd.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Bursting a gut to be on time for an appointment and the person you have the appointment with is running late.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Getting your payslip by email (yay) but not getting paid 😠 FFS.

Advertisement