Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeless Wherers - all are welcome, old and new!

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Also finished off my watercolour painting of a large urn from an image I took in Mount Usher Gardens. 🎨 🖼

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,191 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Lol to life! The bog Renovation is tipping Long nicely. A couple of more coats of paint and then fixtures And fittings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭thomil

They're still a thing on the Cork-Dublin intercity service as well as on the Enterprise between Dublin and Belfast, so Irish Rail's two flagship services. As to whether it's luxurious, well, the new first class coaches are. They have new leather seats, plenty of easily accessible charge points for laptops, integrated wireless chargers in the tables and a generally fresher, higher quality look. There's also free coffee or tea for first class passengers. Plus, there's the advantage of having a 2+1 layout, meaning two seats next to each other on one side of the aisle and only a single seat on the other side. That's the main reason I went for the extra cost. The non-refurbished 1st class experience is less premium and feels dated, although the seat layout and the service is the same.

Back to reality today, at my desk, trying to get a handle on the 300+ emails that accumulated in my absence…

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,219 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

OH loves cleaning the house with all windows open and air conditioning turned off, so like Bikram Yoga, sweat as you clean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Just out of bed . I tend to sleep on my side which I need to stop as it’s killing my back . Anyway I’ve decided not to go to appointments I had made because of it so another day on the sofa

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,342 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,342 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

@Mam of 4 still watching the WWII thing and Berghof has just been compared to hitlers mar-a-lago 😮😮

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Watching the Skydive murder plot on record. Ch4 programme about a woman who fell 4000 ft and survived . I did a jump on a static line and I know I would never have pulled the emergency chute In a panic

Post edited by cj maxx on

Going for dinner later. Anxiety playing puck with me 🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,942 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

😮😮 Sometimes words fail me and this is one of those times 😠

Hope your anxiety eases soon Grem.

Post edited by Mam of 4 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭thomil

Homeside, winding down for the evening. Why can’t the bloody rent just pay itself?

Anyway, I still owe @Gremlinertia , @Mam of 4 and the rest of the WW2 crowd in here a few links, so here goes nothing…

https://youtube.com/%40worldwartwo?si=JxbIK-IoGp1QOfD8 - This channel covers World War 2 in real time, week by week. They’re currently going through the plans for Operation Downfall, the invasion of the Japanese home islands but have videos all the way back to the start of the war. They also have a number of sub series about the atrocities committed, espionage during the war, etc. Should keep you busy for a while. I highly recommend their Pearl Harbour in real time series on that channel.

https://youtube.com/%40d-day24hours-sm5pe?si=09cqGCIe8PwK2QxR - Produced by the same crew as the World War 2 channel above, this covers the 24 hours of June 6th, 1944, so basically all of operation Overlord. Just watched it over the weekend, since it was the 80th anniversary of D-Day.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

@thomil , thank you so much for that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,209 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

You know you live deep in rural Ireland when at 11pm, the silage wagons are still trundling up and down the road 🚜

To thine own self be true

And the smell when you live close to where the feckers spread it. Tonight I am down wind of it. Bring on the wind and rain tomorrow to quell it.

Happy morning walker just before he rolled in poop. So shower time before OH gets to smell him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭tohaltuwi

The beginnings of a lemon on my balcony in south Dublin. Grown from a tiny little plant I bought in Lidl last year.

Hey now townie!. Silage gets baled/pitted by any chance are you on about slurry? You'll be relieved to know that direct injection into the ground is fast overtaking the traditional spreader

Rolling in poo. Honestly the lighter coloured the dog the more they love it 🙄

Ooooh keep us up to date with it's progress

You are absolutely correct. I mixed them up. But this guy near me is still spreading.

• Advertisement

It does properly stink, hopefully it fades fast, usually does

Rolling in fox poo is the worst 🤢🤢 It has an horrendous smell.

Slurry and dogs rolling in poo. Definite stinky theme here today 🤣

All part of signing up for country living 😆

Don't you become accustomed to the smell after a while? Possibly a few years 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,378 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

It's a smell you never get used to. 🤢😖 You can't open windows or hang out washing when it's being spread.

Lazy dinner of oven chips, fried egg and beans soon, it's like a Friday after school back in the mists of time.

No in my experience, the smells are new. Now if an actual farm worker then certain seasons be it silage or slurry can be acclimatised for weeks.

The opening of the slurry pit and the silage pit would knock you sideways sometimes, oh and if the farmer has goats absolutely good luck

apparently this is what I was doing on this date in 2021. How time flies 😂😂

boat rental in the Seychelles

Ah that's what I meant! Farm across the road from us , literally, the smells don't bother me anymore tbh . Grew up with it , or maybe my sense of smell is out of whack 🙈🤣

• Advertisement

It's like a comfort blanket for me. I get twitchy if I inhale fumes from city traffic jams 😆

Advertisement