Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2024 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,269 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

To be fair, he is right. Most Irish people would really struggle with 30+ for general living. We are just not used to it here. It would take many years to acclimatise. Most being most. Obviously there are a group of exceptions.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Yes it does depend on air temps but yesterday was warm and muggy after the rain which is perfect for growth. I am not sure what the future holds temperature wise but anything around room temperature will be ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭gilly1910

Strangely enough it's nowhere near as bad a day in Dublin as I was expecting, sun is even shining at present in between showers, and it's relatively warm. Then again our expectations are quite low these days, so we're probably easily pleased.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭OldRio

Go shopping and come back to ice.

Warm and muggy in Galway with good sunny spells. The odd light shower. I thought today would have poor weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

A couple of real hefty showers, so hefty that the rain bouncing off the skylight in my bedroom woke during my lunchtime nap : (

N.Kildare, feeling much more humid and warm than last few days. As i look outside now, another very darkish set of clouds are about to rollover

• Registered Users Posts: 10,141 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Good to see NW have the full radar coverage back

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

It was a mostly lovely day here in Meath with plenty of sunshine but a thunderstorm here now and a very heavy downpour.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

After a fine day, a few sharp showers building now around Greystones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Drove Meath to Galway. Totally surprised no heavy showers. Unreal cloud constantly in the distance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Very heavy downpour with hail in Celbridge. A nice bright day with just a couple of short light showers before this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭acequion

And in fairness to you Cluedo, you would make the black death seem like a mere cold, that eager are you to make the best of things.😀😀

But he's not right at all and nor are you. Irish people have spread all over the world and built the world, often in huge temperatures. Irish people are well able to adapt to extreme weather and the modern paddy loves a sun/heat holiday where temps are very much in excess of what we'd be used to at home. Younger paddy takes no notice of living /working for years in very different climates and fair play to him! Have many of us not done that in our youth? I certainly did. Therefore acclimating to reasonably hotter temperatures at home would not be a problem, imo, and no major issues were noted n recent heatwaves at home where the mercury went high for reland.

Anyway, normal service back n Alicante tg. Sunny and warm. Need to replenish the vitamin D before heading home n a week. But getting there.😎

• Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

A wet evening

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭lolie

Hard to make it out but some mammatus half an hour ago ahead of that front moving in now.

Cold, wet, grey! Miserable start to the weekend! 7c moderate rain. N Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Sun has come out and blue sky

Completely different to the met forecast at 11pm last night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Blue sky sunny NE Galway 9⁰

it has brightened up since early morn.

wasn’t sure why I had a headache and was sweating while doing the mopping to realise I’ve had the heat on since 5am

🤢🥵

• Registered Users Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Down on the Dingle peninsula for the next few days. Awful morning today, very very windy and wet. Hopefully clear up later today.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Models starting to show a definite warm up for the final week of June. This warm up looks mostly unremarkable however the GFS 00z was a hot outlier showing temperatures of 22 to 29C generally across the country during final week of June.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,589 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Glorious morning in North Donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Think the winter thread should be reopened!!! Cold wet and windy. Pure misery

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭monkeyactive

What's telling for me is the insect life. By late May I'd usually have a fruit fly problem in the kitchen and need to be laying traps. Haven't seen one yet so far . Also the bluebottle that hibernate in our attic windows are still sleeping. So as far as the bugs are concerned summer hasn't even begun. This is global warming, Ireland wil lose the ocean currents due to climate change so for us it would actually mean cold short summers.

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

wet 10 degrees

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭alentejo

Real pig of a day in South Tipp. Lashing since around 10

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Carol25

Rain has cleared Galway, surprised as was expecting a wet day today. Yesterday was also nice here. The temperatures this summer are cool, hopefully it warms up for July and August.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭OldRio

Showers this morning followed by rain now. Looks like the gardening will have to wait. Leitrim.

It's actually getting nicer in the far North.

Currently everyone is out the back, enjoying the sun. Slight breeze but there is plenty of heat in the sun and actually have the shorts on for the 1st time this summer.

Quare drying day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Looks nice around the Malin area. Cloud fest for most

• Advertisement

Yip, its cracking.

Advertisement