Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2024 Golfing Goals

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭S_D

It cost 300. 150 was fitting 150 towards clubs

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Sorbet

As we’re approaching mid year I thought I’d take stock of these goals I set myself. Again very modest given my level 😀 helps to focus on remainder of the year.

1. Break 100 consistently - broke it once! More work to be done to avoid the scratches.
    2. Get 36 points in a club comp - complete. Get 38 points once and won my division.
    3. Get at least 20 counting rounds in - well on the way.
    4. Get lessons and practice on range - got one lesson and only “practice” has been on the course. Need to focus on this one.
    5. Join BGS and get three new courses - complete and more to come.
    6. Stretch goal break 90 - not achieved but a 95 gives me hope.
    7. Par every hole in my club - my club has 20 holes and have completed 18. The two that I haven’t managed to par are now out of action getting new greens so calling this one complete.
    8. Get a GIR birdie on a par 3,4 &5 - complete

So overall pretty happy with progress so far. The lessons and practice one stands out and I need to really focus on that to improve and consistently break 100.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭big_drive

I think that's a harsh move on age, it's practically like any other championship now. I do think there's a rule that a certain % of the entries must be above a particular age, like 35 or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Gipo3

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭plumber77

Where can you find information about mid am comps? Is it just 1 big comp every or 1 in every province

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,360 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

https://www.golfireland.ie/championships

Go to that link and click mid-am, there's an Irish mid am and then the provinces too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭big_drive

Provinces rotate every second year. There was a Munster and Leinster mid am last year. This year Ulster and Connaught. Not fully sure why they don't have all 4 every year to promote the mid am category but maybe it's difficult trying to fit them in around other competitions or something

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭bobster453

Mid year status check..…

A lot of very focussed practice so far has definitely improved quality of ball striking and compression.

Zoned in on wedges around the green..working well.

Putting technique and visualisation working well.

Only real issue is playing better away from home than at home..I think a combination of new or unfamiliar courses plays a key part of this in keeping me focussed.Most reductions in index have come from playing away.

Need to better zone in on each shot at home and bring in more mid to low 80s rounds especially on back 9.Good rounds going bad from holes 10 to 14.

Other than this happy with progression and mentality.

Advertisement