Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,829 ✭✭✭YellowLead

There are fruit loops and pain n the arses of both genders there - but just swipe on left, no big deal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Luna84

I should have put the part she has in her bio in a quote but anyway from 'Oh look at you' down is her bio with included bullet points.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭pgj2015

The sad thing is, she is probably one of the more sane ones when it comes to crazy women on dating sites.

I love talking about my children and grandkids

🤔 she is 32, grandkids?

It's possible. She had a child at a youngish age and her child also had a child at a youngish age.

Doing the maths they weren't even that young there are 12 and 13 year olds having kids.

• Advertisement

I dont know, the nordies love having kids but still it couldnt be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Children and grandchildren, both plural. You got to wonder about the decision making capabilities in that family (unless pgj2015 matched with Jaycee Lee Dugard)

All Quiet on the Western Front?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Downloaded tinder again last week and quickly deleted it. After about 20 swipes I’m fairly sure about 18 of them were fake profiles. Identikit females, gymwear, mirror selfie, next to nothing in the profile.
    Presume it’s mostly bots matching with bots on it now.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Advertisement

What ever you do, do not join beNaughty as that has nothing but fake accounts. It is annoying as it makes it very difficult to find a genuine person. And it's the actually owner/developer who makes the fake accounts trying to get you to buy a subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

All quiet my end. But in the best of ways. Big work project completed that was devouring my time and attention. So i can breathe and start the summer properly now.

Holiday away with the girls at the end of the month and a big birthday weekend at the start of next month. The fella is working out just fine too! We get on great and the age gap is nowhere near as big a deal as I first imagined it would be.

Nothing to complain about .. apart from maybe the weather but I think that's gonna improve soon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Guarantee u that was a fake profile, all the markings of one anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

So I recently got hacked. Email amazon facebook everything. Hacker had access to all my photos.

And he tried to use my address to log into tinder / pof only i dont have an account … so guess what he did .. he MADE ONE with my email and name .. presumably with my photos .. and i keep getting emails from tinder .. ( i recovered my email).

So you might think oh the hacker is going to have fun online … nope its more sinister. He is data harvesting on online dating sites. And if you think its not huge you are naive. Often men will give emails or whatever to photos of pretty girls. Then HE will get hacked.

Crazy women on dating sites are the LEAST of your worries. Trust me. Just hope they are really girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Bobby_Bolivia

Tinder was the most successful app for me by a huge distance. Wouldn't write it off so quickly if you're looking for someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭ruth...less

Bumble doesn't work. They hate women taking control lol

Bumble works just fine.

"They" like the fact that the woman messages first on Bumble, as it makes a change from guys having to send the first message on the other platforms and often not getting any response. At least if the girl messages you on Bumble there is a confirmed additional layer of interest or effort after the initial match which you'll never get on Tinder and only sometimes get on Hinge.

One critique I do have of Bumble is how many women send really low effort openers on it. Like the stuff they'd complain about getting from lads (which I'm fully sure they get bombarded with on the other sites). Stuff like Hi/Hey, or a waving gif are very frequent and I'm just thinking - you almost certainly know from experience how dumb this is to receive but you're sending it to me anyway.

No you're wrong. It doesn't work.

That's the idea what you said...oh we'll get the girls to do the asking on this dating app...ooooh we're so original…bla bla ....but majority of guys hate or get bored easily.

And nobody cares if the opener is hi or something small. If they like your profile they will respond. And also they might not cause they had a bad day or cause they haven't the energy to entertain someone they don't know from Adam (is that the saying? I think that's it)

Anyone expecting me to sit there and come up with some witty **** by looking for crap about the person in a half hearted advertisement profile can fuvkooff. Theyll be lucky to get a Hey and we're opening up communication.

I never get the people who hate getting a hi or how are you etc, what do people expect an essay?, if you met someone in a pub or club a hi is usually how it would start, its just where most people will start a conversation, then you go from there. stupid to disqualify someone because they didn't tell you their life story in the first message.

• Advertisement

Lets get real so. It doesn't work for you.

You're describing exactly what guys go through regularly. Guys, who do overwhelmingly do the initiating on both other apps, and the initiating in pretty much any form of courtship in human history.

It's really odd for you decide something doesn't work when you engage with it in the most idiotic way possible. "They'll be lucky to get a Hey". You go girl, I guess.

Every time you post you blame something else for your dating issues and every time you post it's so blindingly obvious that some introspection would help you out so much. The problem can't be every guy, or every app. There's a common denominator here. Then again, you've been told this close to 50 times by now and ignored it each time.

You say hi to me, I say hi back. Where does that go? The conversation is already dead. If everybody approaches conversations with that abysmal level of effort nothing goes anywhere.

If a girl just says the word hi on Bumble she's basically shifted all the responsibility back onto me to get the conversation going which in my mind defeats the entire point of Bumble.

What I'd expect is at the very least, how is your weekend, or your week as an absolute baseline. A genuine compliment is another level of effort above that, or a question about my photos, or my interests. No essays required. Just a tiny bit of effort.

Because that's what I give (or gave). And it's served me very well.

Bumble was set up by a woman by the way, so it wasn’t a bunch of guys thinking they were so clever.
    Bumble has been best for me, followed by tinder, then hinge. It’s all personal preference really I don’t think everyone has the same experiences based on their approaches and what they were looking for.

Agree. Hey or hi is low effort and coming from a guy I’d assume him to be either a bit simple or a player or totally inexperienced, all of which are off putting for me. I want to see a bit of wit and genuine interest in me personally, and so it’s how I approach the first message too.

So you've noticed me Bobby lol.

Actually if youve ever read my posts which clearly you have read every one...you'd know that I post alot in jest and don't take it too seriously. I'm having a tough time with dating...online and real life...like most on here otherwise they wouldn't be consistently posting in the thread....they'd be off in a happy flourishing relationship or in another thread about going to IKEA or something like that. Lol 😂

Everything going well with your guy still? 🤞

It’s going well. It’s only 2.5 months so very early days. It seems a good match for now, but as usual there could be differences in how we want to spend our futures, and you only have an idea of somebody so soon - you don’t truly know them. I think meeting each others friends and families and be a step that helps with that, you see how they are around other people etc. He’s definitely all in but I am the cautious one.

There are some very simple things you could do to improve your dating fortunes but you won't even entertain the thought of it.

I still pop into the thread the odd time because it was helpful for me in the past and also to see if names I recognise are doing well with dating.

• Advertisement

Advertisement