Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling Ireland 2024 road calendar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Yes but A3 riders are not in the NS classification. The club I’m sure is trying to accommodate A3 riders which is appreciated but we are on a hiding to nothing sadly.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Forgot that, good training for them anyway, won't do them a bit of harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

many racing Navan tomorrow? I had signed up for the red hand cup today was disappointed to see it get cancelled as I need the blowout 😬 half tempted to head over to Galway for the crit this evening

horrific crash 20 seconds after the flag dropped which I unfortunately had a front row seat. We were sidelined for over an hour. Race reduced to 3 laps but I lost the hunger for racing today so pulled the pin. Hope to god lads are ok

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭wav1

Drogheda wheelers Mark mullen league kicks off next Monday night 17th for 6 x Monday nights as usual.

6 x weeks of Monday night craic for an hour.usual 8k circuit just off the R150 Duleek Julianstown Road entry open via eventmaster e36 for the 6 weeks

• Advertisement

Busy few days ahead for road racers across the country this weekend.

June 15th - Sean Stagg Shield Road Race & Seven Springs Open TT (inc. Connacht TT Championships)

June 16th -Kilteeley GP (Tipp) , Noel Teggart Memorial 2024 (Down) & Christy McManus / Ronnie Coates / Pauline Walsh Memorials (Wicklow).

Wicklow for me as i went close last year but shelled on the drag last time when in the winning break.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Feast or a famine

To be fair the above is a good spread of race types for different grades.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭joey100

Down for wicklow race with fair few club mates, what's the course like? Profile looks flat enough.

Nice course but one drag for 2km ish at full gas x 5 time does wear a bit well at least for me it does.

Finish is wide open if it comes to a gallop but i suspect it won't and a break of strong A2 lads will win the day.

• Advertisement

leaning towards racing on Sunday. Haven’t done much since the Rás. Legs starting to feel back to normal the last few days

On a separate note I was reading the proposed changes to the racing calendar next year and it seems pretty positive. I really like the centralized calander.

I also think condensing the categories to 3 is a good change

Thanks for that, interesting reading.

One point - LC riders can ride C3 only so no need to take out a full license for alot if riders.

Also staying in your grade for a full season, odd one that.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭columbus_66

no mention of juniors, what cat are they?

Personally think the will have C2/C3 option on first renewal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I suppose the stay in your grade makes sense in the context of season long competitions.

You'd think they'd want to limit the number of LC races though, otherwise for anyone with no pretensions of promotion, what's the point of a Cat3 licence? I know most will know, but currently LC can do their own club open road races, as well as off road.

Not sure what to make of the Masters proposals. I'd say the IVCA have Leinster covered off?

The LC license will cover the vast majority of Cat 3 riders but maybe that’s a tool to try entice riders to participate in open races?

A1/2

A3/4

These make sense to me & new cats reflect this but as a poster above asks where do juniors fit?

What about upgrade/downgrade for master riders in line with current rules?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Certainly interesting and worth a try

• Advertisement

under the new system I imagine the elite juniors can go cat 1, the good ones cat 2 and most cat 3. Not sure if this will be self selected though or how it will work

A working group with zero mention of junior riders & pathways seems strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 GalwayClassic

hi …where did you come across this list of changes? Curious

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Morris Garren

A Masters 'League' of some sort culminating with the National Championship would be popular-- sure the average age of road racers must be 40-something at the moment; keeps the good juniors away from the ould A3 codgers too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Yeah would love a few M40 races. Having no fun at A1! When living in Dublin last year I probably had my most enjoyable season with the IVCA races, pity there's nothing like it in the west.

Started the first, punctured half way around. Then sick right through to Ras so just got to do the last one but even those races have Feeley, Kennedy et al turning up!

They are but I'm A1 so I'm in the pack with them (not for long 😅), there should really be a A+ kind of group 😉

They are great races in fairness. I hadn't realised they were open races until I came this direction

• Advertisement

That TT result will haunt you forever 😂.

Advertisement