Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beyond The Pale Festival - 10th-12th June - Glendalough

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Ruanmcg

I always laminate the timetable in work on the Thursday before a fest. It's nice to not have to use your phone at all- go full analog.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭TenPicnics

Last year the app was more or less useless from the Friday night, so the clashfinder print off is probably the best option. Apparently signal strength was the problem last year. Personally I can't stand spending much time looking at my phone, reading notifications and all the festival app-related stuff at festivals, so paper works grand for me. You get to hear about changes to the schedule from talking to people, or being with someone who uses the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭j.s. pill II

Attn Saturday Day ticket holders - Myself and one other person have booked a Taxi from Bray Train Station to the festival grounds leaving at 1.20pm on Saturday 22nd. If anyone is interested in sharing the journey PM me. We can take up to 3 additional people. We have been quoted €60. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

This time next week the tent will be up and the first cans will be cracked 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭whelzer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭RINO87

Parra for Curva will the last chance to chill on Saturday! Hawtin and Hauff will rip the place a sunder 🤣

Post edited by RINO87 on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Joekers

Any weather outlook yet 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Van Doozy

Current forecast is highs of 18° with showers but it seems to be changing every couple of hours. It will probably be mid next week before they have an accurate forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Bummer not to have stage times yet… was definitely out earlier last year.

I'm behind on my listening prep ahead of the festival. Looking at Orbital setlists, they've been doing a tour heavily based on two of their old albums but reverted to the more of a festival set for Bearded Theory. I'm going to go on the assumption that they'll play something similar at BTP.

Are we thinking Orbital will play late night Saturday - say 11.30 to 1 - likely clashing with either Hauff or Hawtin?

Seems likely to me given we have Romy and Jessie Ware on Saturday as well. Both of them + Orbital are all mainstage, right? Romy is hardly in the tent?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Kennytheboy

The app looks like it's being updated so I'd expect the stage times soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Paddez

Site Map just went up, and quite a few changes from last year

Less walking from stages to Glamping hopefully.

Looks like they lost The Big Romance stage.

https://www.itsbeyondthepale.ie/site-map

Devo as that stage last year was one my favourites I’ve experienced for electronic music… hopefully the cirrus garden is something similar as it’s in the same spot

Looks largely the same as last year I think?!

Just with a rebrand / redesign of the Big Romance area?

I was commenting on the festival site only - campsites etc. may have moved

I'm trying to figure out how the Main Stage is orientated 🫠

I'm assuming it's pointed down/south? As there's not a huge amount of space north.

Last year it was oriented towards Selective Memory - so maybe less sound-bleeding towards the tent.

Yeah, I have a feeling Cirrus Garden is basically a rebranded Big Romance.

Not sure what Club Cu-Cú is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Can someone send me link to the Beyond the Pale app just tried looking in app store in my Iphone and nothing is coming up for Beyond The Pale.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Take from the Website, it's a Woov app, but the link here ties it to Beyond the pale:

https://www.itsbeyondthepale.ie/festival-app

Club Cu-Cu is the wooded area where they had a few DJ’s on late night last year I think

Strange it isn't Beyond the Pale app at all just Google? How do I get stage times or breakdowns from that?

Will just have to rely on a clash finder when it becomes available.

It worked through Safari browser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭Fanirish

cause it’s financial and resource burden to get your own app approved on apple/android stores so they use an pre existing app that does what you need but for multiple smaller festivals

• Registered Users Posts: 39 FriendlySpider

Just seen you can't bring drink into the arena this year. When someone asked why they hid the comments.

cause they have bulmers/absolut running the bars this year and they require such clauses in the contract

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Landers11

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

There was lots of talk last year that there was no free flow but I was never checked or stopped from carrying any amount of cans.

That said, last year, lots of people took up the offers to buy a slab of cans from white hag and collect on site. I guess they could afford to be lenient on entry then as many people were already consuming their beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Landers11

I hope that they don't enforce it. Could be the end of BTP if they do with the return of B&S next year which allow free flow.

B&s ain’t returning and this is very likely last year of BTP

assuming (maybe wishfully so) that it won’t be enforced, if it is it would totally change the vibe… Hopefully they won’t just think **** it we’ll try and recoup as much cash as we can if this really is the last year. Because I’d certainly never buy a ticket for a small festival that restricts where you can bring cans. And before someone says it’s already been advertised as much, the assumption by most punters is definitely that it’s free flow

Oh yes they will, B&S that is, they don't give up that easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Van Doozy

Fingers Crossed. It is (was?) a lovely festival.

Advertisement