Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skylark - Portmarnock

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 chicharito12

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes I really don't think we're super sensitive to noise & reckon we'll get used to it fairly quickly as with the road noise in our current apartment. Good to hear the experience of current residents echoing the same. How are you enjoying living in the area? Everything bar the flight path seems great to us.

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes I really don't think we're super sensitive to noise & reckon we'll get used to it fairly quickly as with the road noise in our current apartment. Good to hear the experience of current residents echoing the same. How are you enjoying living in the area? Everything bar the flight path seems great to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Yes everything is perfect here bar the flight path. Great neighborhood, location. Really like it and don't plan on moving on. Looking forward to the park should they ever get round to it. Would love to see O'Dwyers revamped mind you, and a library..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Did anyone get a quote to convert the attic with a stairs and velux window? Just looking over figures now and I'm wondering if I could factor in the cost. A ballpark cost would be much appreciated and maybe say if the quote includes an ensuite or just a single room.

Thanks in advance.

I think it's between 20-40k depending on finish

• Advertisement

Thanks bilbot79. It would add a lot of space so hopefully I can budget for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭easygoing39

O'Dywer's will never be revamped,in fact when Mrs. O'Dywer passes away the pub will be sold.I'll bet a cent to a Euro that a builder will buy it,knock down the pub and build apartments on the site.Enjoy O'Dywer's while you can!!!

Hey everyone, we’re heading to an open viewing next weekend for the next launch of properties in skylark. Never been to one of these before so we’re just wondering how these sort of things work? Is it a case that we go on the day and have a couple of days to think about it and get back to the agent or is it incredibly competitive as in we would need to be paying booking deposit there and then on the day and confirming the exact property type we want etc? Any specific documents we need to have on the day? Any advice at all is appreciated, thanks in advance!

Can anyone tell me if you're allowed pay for extras agreed with the builders eg extra plug sockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

No idea how it will work now but when we bought here 5 years ago, we had to queue up the night before, we got a ticket that evening and didn't see the showhouse (apartment) until the following day. We then picked what number we wanted and had to go give them all our details and had a certain time to transfer the deposit or lose the property. Good luck.

• Advertisement

Highly unlikely, I don't think you have any chance of the builders making any personal changes for you sadly. They refused to do that for anyone when we all moved in.

Thanks - I'd probably end up spending mad money on extras so might be a blessing in disguise.😂

Did anyone go today? I didn't book one but I'm interested in the next phase. Lovely houses - I love the higher ceilings.

Apparently most of what was available were gone yesterday and there's a cancellation list in place.

That's certainly plausible but I reckon Portmarnock is crying out for O'Dwyers to be turned into a Yacht/Cumiskeys spot

• Registered Users Posts: 7 veronikanick

Hi all!
    Yesterday I found the article “Lone Star is close to agreeing to selling most of its Irish residential property development business, Quintain Ireland, to fellow Texas-based private-equity firm TPG.”

I find it a bit worrying as I already paid the deposit and now we are working on the contract with solicitors but after reading this news I suppose that these changes could probably affect the current phase (especially the deadlines of the release) or even the whole project Skylark itself.

What do you think about this change? Could it be something serious or we shouldn’t be worrying ?

Hi there, we have also put a deposit down & currently currently working on signing contracts! I know very little about this but hopefully it won't have an impact. We can actually see our house (it's one of the ones beside the showhouses) and the house already looks well on its way with the whole structure & windows there…

Ohh, that’s good, I remember these houses, it really gives hope and it’s easier to track the progress :)

Unfortunately, we cannot see if the construction works have been started on our street (Skylark Place) because it’s too far from the show house :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4 battiato

There were another open view today. I was surprised since it was mentioned here that there were another one on the 22nd of June and everything was taken. Is any of you thinking on buying there?. I'm seriously thinking on it.

Hi!
    As far as I see, last two weeks (it was a viewing previous Saturday as well) they have been trying to sell the last 4 houses (as on the screenshot). First weekends after the announcement of the new phase everything was reserved but not sold, and then during a first week people were refusing to buy (maybe they changed their mind) or they didn’t put the deposit on time and etc that’s how they still have some available units.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Prices are crazy

100% Agree, they are. But in all fairness, they are crazy everywhere in Dublin at the moment and it doesn't seem that is going to change any time soon. At least those ones are brand new with an excellent BER rate + the location -in my opinion- is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭Underground

Lovely houses but noise from the planes was way too much for me. Not sure I’d get used to it. I think if you’re from that general area it’s fine as you are used to it.

True they are crazy everywhere rn. There's a house in Baldoyle that went for 120K over asking last month.

I live in the flight path. I don't really notice it tbh. It's just normal to me.

Is there a management fee in the Skylark?

Anyone have room measurements for the Dunlin? I was told they builders don't provide them which is strange no?

• Advertisement

Same here. We asked for this for the Siskin and Petrel to have something solid to compare with and were told that it wasn't available.

Advertisement