Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda Restaurant Reviews

1108109110111112114»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,917 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

And is as nice as it was! (Takeaway pizza anyway!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭kjbsrah1

Finally got to have a take away last night from Little Rocco (could not face cooking after a long day at work). Not overly impressed i have to say. Different menu to before, quite expensive for the portion size, and i have to say i thought the pasta was a little undercooked (plenty to chew on). I was soo looking forward to it. I used to love the simple pasta in a creamy garlic sauce. They dont have it anymore, so i got carbonara. Virtually no sauce and not much flavour. Pizza oven looked impressive and the pizzas looked nice - several order were cooked and collected while i was there. I'll wait a while before i try it again. But in the meantime, i'll stick with Sorrentos. Both have virtually identical menues, but i think Sorrentos have more flavour (in their carbonara anway).

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭lamoss

It looks like Royal indian cuisine at Bryanstown centre has closed up . It has had a sign on the door saying closed for renovations for over a month .

No sign of any building work or alterations going on .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭forumdedum

That was an Indian restaurant before called Tamarind and that closed down suddenly.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

And it was called Indus before that, and something else before that as well! Seems to be a cycle of closing down and reopening there every few years for whatever reason. Shame though, it's a lovely place and the food is always great.

A couple of doors down continues to thrive though - I can't speak highly enough of Gringos. The food is really delicious and staff are top notch, they can't do enough for you. And the place itself is really cool. Love going there, it's a real treat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭enricoh

A cafe I used go to pulled the plug after a few years when revenue arrived one day enquiring about why no tax was being paid!

Wonder if some of these places operate til they get nabbed, close up n low and behold a couple of months later back open with a cousin or something taking over the reins. Rinse n repeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭positron

The Royal Indian place was shut down by FSAI - or rather their parent business was.

https://www.thejournal.ie/food-closure-notices-ireland-march-2024-6350967-Apr2024/

Always thought their food was very very nice, a little on the expensive side but ordered semi-regularly.

Always thought the premises was absolutely massive though! Can imagine the overheads to be crippling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭furiousox

The Royal Indian is re-opening as…….Indus!!

Might give it a go as the last couple of take-aways from Punjabi Hse have been disappointing.

CPL 593H

Advertisement