Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PV Feed In Tariff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭fuse

got a letter in the post from them yesterday detailing the fit earnings from Nov to April this year and that it will be added to my account next bill.

So i guess the Nov payment will include the main summer earnings, which is nice to have it credited to the account before the winter bills

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

It does indeed depend - very much so. With 7.8kwp though, you've a fairly sizeable array of panels there. You could be exporting far more than the €400/year that they allow tax free. Does that "really" matter. Probably not. I can't imagine a witchhunt for people getting €460 or even €530 etc, but yeah if you were getting €1000+ in FIT, you might want to be careful with that.

7.8Kwp south facing will generate ~7500kwhr for the year. I'd say your 40Kwh this week was on the low side compared to Winter, but let's say you use the average of 4500Kwh. That would then be you exporting 3000kwh. Which @€0.24/unit = €720. People could get caught out there. Battery can help "hide" that :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

How can a battery help hide it ?

In my case, in order to export the max (0.24c export rate), I load my battery, charge my ev, my how water tanks, run the dishwasher etc at my .08c ev rate.

In theory, if I export over the 400 euro mark, I could argue that the cost of doing this was the usage I did at night for my ev rate, and use it to offset my tax ?

In reality it's prob not worth bothering with to be honest, but could it be a valid argument ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭con747

Just add another qualifying person to the utility bill or more than 1 if you can to avail of the €400 tax free per person named on the bill.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,769 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Anyway to speed up the Smart meter installation? I have been put on the list and my NC6 form has been submitted. When can I expect install or just a waiting game?

• Advertisement

Battery used to capture a lot of that energy that you would be otherwise export and use it yourself, so ESB doesn't know anything about those units. Issue is though very dependant on your consumption.

Not for everyone mind you

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭rgfuller

Received my 4th CEG (FIT) payment from SSE - detailed - covering Nov-Apr (inclusive) period.

SSE Calculated at 307.67kWh exported from Smart meter, vs my Solis recorded 277kWh exported, so a bit better than anticipated.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,393 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Will Energia let you withdraw some of the credit? At this rate I'll be bill free until 2026 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭sasol

My current energy supplier is Flogas, and I will be out of contract soon, so I have started shopping aound. I am getting PV Panels in the next few weeks.

Energia are offering what sounded like a good deal (23.99 per unit imported and 24c per unit exported).

I have a smart meter, but I do not have a smart tariff i.e. I am still on a standard plan....Energia have told me that because of this, they would not be able to pay me for my exact KW export and they would only be able to pay me for what is the average export for my local area.

Is this correct ? Only those on smart plans get paid for their actual KW export, and anyone else just gets paid a deemed export ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

No, they are wrong. - You can sign up on the esbn and see your usage. - you should have already being getting measured export on flogas.

you can also download a hdf file of all your use since you last switched supplier/smart meter install.

you are on a smart meter. You are getting a measured export. There is no estimated exports "deemed" anymore on 24hr tariffs.

I am on a non smart plan, and I am getting a measured export.

You do not need a smart plan to get a measured export.

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Just to clarify - I do not yet have PV Panels installed, they will be installed in the next month or so. Thus I do not currently have any export to the grid.

I do have a smart meter, but I do not have a smart tariff. My PV panel installer has submitted the NC6 form on my behalf, which has been processed/accepted by ESB Networks.

Apologies in advance for the basic question, when you say measured export you mean that you are getting paid for the exact KW amount you export as opposed to any average, or deemed, KW amount ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭jkforde

yeah, otherwise called 'metered export' of your surplus generation. best of luck with solar system, you won't be disappointed!

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭mjatkey

Hi, Energia EV plan has a 2-6am window @ 0.075 cent per Kw, if you have battery its a great deal, we went live just on two weeks ago, switched to Energia from Electric Ireland took couple of weeks to switch (still waiting for the gas to move over) but we are already being paid for export. Have also set the inverter up to dump any excess left in batteries after 10.30pm back to the grid before topping up on the cheap rate, even though the day/rest of night rate is 0.33cent per Kw you'll only be buying at this rate in small amounts as the PV and batteries should take care of most of the house load.

🌞 6.96kWp PV System. West Dublin🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭DC999

+1 on that Energia EV plan. They pay the credit each month too, unlike others

Hi, does anybody know or ever asked if you can just transfer any credit from electric to your gas bill if you are dual, I know some suppliers in affect give you two seperate accounts and others only one with both on?

thank you for the info . Not getting a battery so the EV plan is not relevant for me for now.

I got back onto energia, they confirmed that they were incorrect. I will get paid for my exact export. 24c import and 24c export. Happy with that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Just go pinergy, they credit the money to your bank account and use it for whatever you want 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi folks,

I'm with pinergy and have a heap of credit. They will transfer to my bank account but insist on keeping 200 euro on the account. My monthly payment is 8 euro. If I switched supplier they would refund it all to me. Anyone with them experience the same?

Thanks

Mick

AFAIK if you switch they have to refund you any credit on the account but be sure the maths add up with the new supplier and it doesn't cost more down the line with the new tariff and standing charge. Threaten to switch and see where it goes maybe. Ask to speak to a supervisor though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭micks_address

Yep energia is where I'll go, it's four hour window makes more sense. I won't switch till contract is up in October. Not much in it but I'm not able to fill my battery consistently in December and Jan so end up importing during the day 4 or 5 kWh

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭insular1

Yeah I'm with Pinergy too and same story with me. Had built up a load of credit and asked for it to be refunded. They guy on the phone tried to talk me out of it for a while but when I insisted he said it would take 21 days and they'd have to keep a balance of 200 euro minimum in my account. Money came 21 days later and looks like they kept around 200 euro. Will know exactly how much when the bill lands in the next few days.

There could be more price reductions before then and who know's what the budget will give away with an election looming so it could be a good time if the dates work for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭insular1

Im not too worried though. I'll just call every few months I'd say to request payment and the 200 euro will then hopefully be enough to get me through the winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭irishchris

Ya gotta love the pinergy plan. Although have only started dumping battery this month but nice record return for me this month

• Registered Users Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I only made €103, had a terrible May.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭irishchris

June will be poor for me too as system was down for ten days while I was building new shed to move it to. Weather has been very poor for June here since it went back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

I have same, with a 5kwh battery and eddi. The approach I take is I use the 2am to 6ak window to charge the battery, heat the immersion, charge the car and run the dishwasher and washing machine all between those hours. It costs that 8c a kWh, but in effect it maximises my 24ckwh export the next day.

I am actually finding that the battery tends to last until about 1am now, meaning I'm only on the standard rate for ak hour a day

Double that battery and you'll be exporting energy from the battery to the grid (well at least during the summer) before charging it back up.

This is why we maxed out on panels and battery to try to get the most cost affective system we could afford.

Eddie I'm not so sure about (high cost), we use simple smart Tuya switch sat between supply and immersion, it comes on during the EV window then back on a couple of times a day to keep the tank topped up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,399 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Last 2 months bill this time last year €210, this year €120 in credit with 4.4 SW 3.08 NE. 5KW battery.

Advertisement