Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever met a non-Irish celebrity?

Options
  • 13-06-2024 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭its_steve116

If so who and were they nice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Bill steer, a gentleman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭tohaltuwi

I had breakfast right next to Jake Gyllenhaal on a bench seat in the Abu Dhabi airport hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

• Registered Users Posts: 69,006 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Various US and UK musicians and actors through a previous job. Ed Sheeran and The Rock probably the most famous from those categories.

Outside of work, a bunch of people famous in a very specific strand of dance music over the years (Mauro Picotto, Paul van Dyk probably the biggest there)

This is meeting as in talking to them at least briefly; but bugger all more than that in all bar one of those cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭4Ad

David Hasselhoff told me put on sunscreen in LA…Baywatch was being filmed…I told him I had....He said "Put more on Buddy"..

I spoke to Jasmine Bleeth the same day…friendly…

Brifly spoke to Paul McGrath when he played for Derby County, twas like chatting to one of your buddies, very down to earth..

Met the bass player and drummer( brothers) from The National, very chatty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭4Ad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭micar

Jasmine Bleeth is a blast from the past….

Stunningly beautiful

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Fiona Spence, who played Celia in 'Home and Away' and Vera 'Vinegar Tits' Bennett in 'Prisoner - Cell Block H'.

Really nice woman. Her mother was from Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,826 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Tom Araya and Kerry King of Slayer called me over one night years ago as I walked past the Gresham hotel. Tom was dead sound, just wanted to chat. Kerry was more stand-offish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭waynescales1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,153 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Donald Trumps daughter in a bar , seemed sound though shadowed by bodyguards . I met the doll who blew Clinton and the actress from the Bourne films . Also Robert DeNiro . All in New York

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Photobox

Served Ziggy Marley in a restaurant about 30 years ago in the US, unfriendly as*ho*e

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,259 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I met Nicolas Cage, John Cusack, Vanessa Hudgens and 50 Cent in Anchorage, Alaska. They were all staying in my hotel while filming the movie The Frozen Ground. It was November time so the hotel was quiet enough. Chatted to Cage and Cusack one evening down in the restaurant. Was in the lift with 50 cent once or twice but didn't really interact with him other than a nodded hello.

I sat next to Jeremy Irons on a Ryanair flight between Cork and London. Smalled talked for a bit, seemed a pleasant man.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,473 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Dwight Yorke, in a corporate box the last few weeks of his time at Manchester United… he didn’t wanna be there, was kind of forced polite, sat in the corner of the room smiling politely at any attempted engagement and at the end sorta lightened up talking for 2 minutes then legged it.

Met Danny Higginbotham the same day….an EPL / Championship journeyman….A gentleman…great guy.

Paddy Crerand, very brief encounter, on another occasion as he was rushing through a crowd of fans to get to his commentary position, seemed happy and friendly… but being hurried by staff away to his commentary position presumably…

A pop / rockabilly singer called Jimmy Ray… was famous for about 5 minutes in the late 1990’s… served him in a shop…. Had two hits and had been here to perform on the late late show

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Patches oHoulihan

His terrified mother went to England in 1959 as she was so scared of what her father might do.

Paul was back in Ireland within a couple of weeks handed to a convent before an orphanage. Very much an Irish man.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Patches oHoulihan

Met Teddy Sheringham in Bruxelles many moons ago. He bought my lunch. Chatted for a while. It was before he went to United.

Me Trappatoni and Tardelli on a Flight to Dublin. Asked them could I have an trial for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Hooked

Wife rang me from B&Q Limerick - said 'that comedian you love is here'… I was headed to pick her up… so as I walked by the exit out came Peter Kay (who has a holiday home in nearby Killaloe Co. Clare). He was with his young son and had the body language of someone who didn't want to be disturbed - so I didn't.

Would love to have said hello and had a quick chat/joke with him (I'm in my mid 40's so I'd have preferred that to a selfie or autograph).

I was going to hit him with one of his own jokes… "Excuse me sir, am I going the right way?"

So no, I haven't meet a non Irish celeb. LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Ronandusty

Danny Glover. Very sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭micar

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,308 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Talib kweli, pharoahe Monch, de la soul, dead prez. All nice guys.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,621 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Neil Armstrong. Not for long enough to form an opinion on the chap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

What was the craic with Monica. Where did you run into her. She seems like fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

Where did you meet him. Apparently he was a little cold and flat our refused to sign autographs.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Hontou

Used to work for an international airline in first class back in the days when wealthy people didn't have their own private jets. Met many pleasant and unpleasant sorts. The notably nice were: Robert Redford, Joan Collins, Diana Ross, all members of Gun's and Roses, The Spice Girls ( in economy at the time) The Charlatans (in economy at the time), various Russian ballet companies where the orchestra travelled business class but the dancers travelled economy class and would not sit down as they were forever stretching and drinking tomato juice. First class and economy celebrities were fine. Celebrities in business class were difficult as they wanted to be upgraded to first class.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sniperman

met alex higgins when in his prime,asked for an autograph,he looked me up and down like i was trash and turned away,proper arse hole

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Met Chris Kamara in a pub in Edinburgh, he came in for a bite to eat we spotted him and said hello, he came over for a chat and after a few minutes remembered he came in with his wife/gf and said sorry lads and ran off to find her. He was ridiculously nice and great craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Got seated close to Flo Rida, flash in the pan pop/rap singer, on a flight to Belgium one time. No craic at all, kept denying he was famous at all until my friend brought out his Ipod Touch Mk1 with the album cover from Flo Ridas first cd showing.

Advertisement