Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The immigration crisis - my suggestion

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

It's a couple of wasters on the dole going around Ireland trying to cause fights with the Gardai. That's the majority of the immigration issue

I twould be a lot cheaper just to stop the dole on all the wasters going around causing problems and se what we can do then about the actual people who are looking for asylum.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,950 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Pay a team of about 20 people 40k a year each to speed up the process of weeding out the spoofers and get them sent home to their mammies as quickly as possible.

Then we can be as nice as pie to the people who actually need asylum and hopefully put to bed the constant cries of insanity from the far right and far left.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭gerogerigegege

the issue is making me want to leave Ireland. the country is being turned into a dump.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭JPCN1

Step 1. New minister for justice. Please.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Iscreamkone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

same… after my parents are gone I’m not sure I’ll remain here. Place is now a total basket case…nutsville.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,609 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

It's not really.

If you get off social media and travel around the country, you'll see its still a great place to live (especially when the sun is out).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

We should have a triage system for IP applicants.

1. First is to get the identity, place of birth, last place of residence, reason for IP, where they spent the last 7 nights, any other relevant facts. With this information, an interviewer can decide if there is a prima face case to deny the IP application, and applicant is deported, subject to confirmation by second interview by superior to test relevant facts and claims.
    2. Applicants that pass first interview are then checked for veracity of facts determined at first interview. False information would derail claim if serious. Checks that applicant had not claimed IP in other safe countries or in EU states.
    3. Any appeals would be heard as a last resort, and failure at this stage would result in deportation. Successful applicants would be given leave to remain, and any required support to settle, including language, work training, and housing.

The whole sequence should never take more than 90 days. In the past, applicants have been waiting over a decade. We could then cope with this influx within our obligations.

The Gov should be fully open about how IP applicants are actually being handled. There appears to be a ready supply of tents being handed out to be pitched along the canal.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭gerogerigegege

Any country which isn't being suicided like this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The country itself is one of the better places to live in its the people who are elected to run it thats the problem.

Until we have an immigration system thats fit for purpose we will be seen as an easy mark where if someone gets their feet on the tarmac at Dublin Airport they know there is a very slim chance of being deported.

A start would be to get tough on people who are destroying their documents.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Mod: It is clear that there is little interest to discuss this topic non a mature and level headed way.

I'll close this now and if someone would like it reopened then they can PM me with appropriate justification for doing so in line with the forum charter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement