Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taylor Swift - Aviva Stadium June 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭airy fairy

Greed. 100%

She has milked the very fans that have made her who she is.

Most recent album....4 different vinyls, a few different songs on each, so a collector of vinyl will have to buy 4 albums to get all the songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Whilst Miss Taylor is indeed a very cynical and manipulative woman I think criticising her for those rear view seats is a bit harsh.

They are sold for very little and its a way for fans to see the show that wouldnt be able to otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭Fanirish

yeah of the ways she grabs money from devoted fans that’s actually the least questionable

I think €60,+ is a very high price, especially to a fan who has paid out for albums, merch fees and the likes. The very least that should be done is selling them like Coldplay infinity tickets. I've seen the restricted view seats and they are literally restricted view and shouldn't be charged for at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Restricted view seats are better than being outside the stadium and having no tickets. Why do moaners come on this thread with trash posts like ‘Taylor is evil for releasing multiple vinyls’, she’s ’taking all her fans money’, it’s just ridiculous. Do people post this on Bruce Springsteen thread as his tickets are dearer in Ireland than the rest of Europe? Post somewhere else.
    I had codes for Madrid and Lisbon and tickets did become available closer to the time, however I saw none of them as they were snapped up ultra fast. Cannot wait for Dublin night 1!

• Advertisement

Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

I've attended multiple concerts over the years, but particularly since covid as my kids are off concert going ages.

If I feel I'm getting poor value for my money, or there's a discussion about a venue or seating, then I will give my account of such. Please don't be so immature as to not accept opinions that don't match yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,763 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Do people post this on Bruce Springsteen thread as his tickets are dearer in Ireland than the rest of Europe? Post somewhere else.

Yes, there were pages of discussion about the price of Bruce tickets and where else to see him outside of Ireland, there always is, along with complaints about him releasing another greatest hits album.

Swifties are a broken breed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Ireland needs to have a proper big indoor arena like where she played in Paris. Like last time in CP it will only be dark for final hour of it, and I did shiver and shake it off a lot during that gig as it was so cold. Maybe there will be a solar eclipse on the day and we will get a good dark atmosphere throughout to be able appreciate the effect. And hope it will be sunny but in Ireland it rains nearly every day, at least last June it did rain every day. Madrid abd Cardiff have roof closed why cannot we do the same??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

But you cannot deny that her gigs in Paris and Madrid were better because it was near dark from the start and you get to enjoy the stage visuals more?? The only plus side I can think of for open roof is the fireworks show at the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭Fanirish

aviva adding a roof especially for Taylor

• Registered Users Posts: 11,872 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

A: Releasing multiple varying vinyls is predatory. There is nothing stopping her putting all the single bonus songs on one vinyl and saying "here, buy this, it has everything". If you can't see that, then as i said…fools and their money.

B: People are rightly trashing the price of tickets because some of them are extortionate. People went through Coldplay on the Coldplay thread as some of their tickets were WORSE than Taylors. People went through Bruce on the Bruce thread for similar high pricing. And if you can't see that charging significant sums of money like €700 for a standing ticket is extortionate well then again... fools and their money.

Now here's the thing, the above is true and she is still a phenomenonal artist and performer who puts out fantastic music and puts on a great show. People can reflect negatively on things she does and still think she's brilliant. I'm going to see her with the wife and I can't wait!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Yeah, I do think TS concert in the daylight did take away from the atmosphere and the experience. The stage was constantly changing colours and designs, but it was almost impossible to see. Had it been it the dark, it would have been much more a wow factor. Only the last 40 mins of the Edinburgh concert did it start to go dusk.

I suppose I shouldn't mention that parts of the concert were lip sync'd, now that would be blasphemy altogether!!!

We cannot even build houses in Ireland, so the chances of building a roof on a lob-sided stadium, unless they give the contract to Bob the builder!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Anyone been thinking what the backing dancer/singer might say during "We are never ever getting back together" ?

For the International shows there has been the tendency to put a local twist on it.

“So he calls me up and he’s like, ‘I still love you.’ And I’m like, I'm
    just, I mean this is exhausting, you know? Like, we are never getting
    back together …”

Could we hear something like "get out of that garden" or "I will in me hole"….

It was bright in Madrid as the roof is see through, light comes in but yes the rest of your post is correct.

August is the best time for outdoor shows in Ireland as the evenings are shorter.

Taylor doesnt lip sync, we all know that.😉

She is some woman, able to sing and dance for 3 hours plus 4 nights in a row.

She will surely pick up a cold from wearing all those skimpy outfits in the UK and Irish climate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,583 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Late waiting list removal is a pain, will have had to give up the hotel options before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Deirdre5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

I recently paid 150 quid for a restricted view seat for Bruce Springsteen at Croker, with no screens and he was on the stage the whole time so could barely see him. Was still really fun but Taylor is hardly the only person doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

There is a list of them all on the link below.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/music/2024/03/06/complete-list-kameron-saunders-saying-like-ever-on-eras-tour-taylor-swift/72838165007/

Post edited by ctrl-alt-delete on

She is a mighty woman alright there can be no doubt about that. But she needs to do 5hr shows because she has so many great songs, and classics are being left out. I will be very upset if she doesn’t do full version of Long Live and point at us singing she had the time of her life with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Deirdre5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

I mean, those multiple versions are more of a vehicle for her to deny chart success of other female singer she views as rivals, or those who she has petty personal vendettas against.

I mean, if a voice memo is enough to derail Billie Eilish’s brand new album release from a No.1, I don’t think the finger should be pointed at the very successful Swift, but at Eilish and her poor media promo. She clearly made snarky comments about Swift in her promo and it backfired too, oh well.
    I don’t remember Swift doing or saying anything negative any of these other artists and often stands alone to applaud them at awards shows, haters gonna hate I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭whitelaurel

have to laugh at the person who called the multiple vinyl release as “predatory” I mean **** off like. Go take it up with Marlboro

Swift pulled a really sneaky trick in the Uk over the last few weeks, if you bought her album you would be entered into a raffle for the opportunity to buy 2 of 100 tickets for one of her UK gigs.

She staggered it, a raffle a week for each city, of course this was a ploy to retain the no 1 album slot.

Genuine fans didnt have a chance either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,872 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

That was me. Laugh away. I've seen young girls in record stores picking up four variants of the same vinyl (might have been Midnights) because they couldn't bare not having all of them to make a picture on the back. So yeah, driving fans to needlessly spend €160 on four vinyls rather than €40 is fairly shïtty behaviour and preying on their fanatacism. If you think that's a cool approach by an artist, you're deluded and part of the problem.

Also, telling me to **** off? Very mature.

Wow, she’s the epitome of all evil I would say. You’ve totally changed my mind on this. I mean the Israeli / Gaza conflict pales in comparison this and to the evil Ms Swift organising raffles for her shows in the UK and engaging in promo to keep her sales up. How does she sleep at night. (Sarcasm)

• Advertisement

Eh, you clearly haven't looked into the reasoning of a lot of Swifts songs, bitter and angry songs about many people who she has encountered in her career. For such an avid fan of hers, you sure don't seem to acknowledge the history behind some of her stuff.

Advertisement