Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Snymans are(n't) Forever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Right. One more tilt required.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Shehal

For me this game has alot of similarities to the Bulls v Leinster game…one is totally flustered and the other is calm and focused. Even when Glasgow were under the cosh they hung in there and when they got their chance they took it, Munster the whole game were overplaying the whole game which only got them into more trouble which I believe ultimately lead to to the Steyn intercept.

NGL I'm delighted Glasgow took the 3 as its probably the only chance Munster have of getting into the Glasgow half…

• Registered Users Posts: 38 lonester99

Nankavil with his brain dead Alaalatoa moment

Take the advantage. Clock is ticking!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

having to force it without Nankivell is only going to making this harder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Story of the game right there!

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Offload was never on there ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Mr Disco

everything about Munster is hopeless. Massive questions over coaching ticket now.

Too risky by Snyman.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,090 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Munster's handling has been poor all day.

Haven't really got going with their attacking shape and forced a lot of offloads that didn't need to be thrown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭gneel

Small conciliation this given the insufferable Toulouse fans recently

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭Augme

John Ryan has played an absolute in making sure Glasgow get the win today.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 lonester99

Snyman trying his hardest to throw this game it seems lol

Munster finally develop some momentum and what do they do…overplay it and get turned over…sounds harsh but Munster ultimately brought this on themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭standardg60

Murray should never have taken the ball from the maul there, was marching forward, dumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Ref bottled a scrum penalty at the death for munster but we did not deserve anything from that game!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,090 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Munster were very similar to Leinster today. Never settled into their rhythm and patterns of play. Got tenser and tenser and players made stupid mistakes.

Bad year for provincial rugby overall.

Like I said when we brought on the likes of Coombes ,Snyman, Kendellen off the bench and could only get parity up front you knew we were done.

It took us until the final 2 minutes to get anything from Glasgow whereas Munster gifted Glasgow opportunities time and time again. The scoreline in the first half massively flattered Glasgow but in the 2nd half Glasgow totally bossed the game and we got nowhere near the Glasgow try line until the end.

Idk what it was but once Kleyn got that breakaway try in the first half you had a feeling this was going to happen…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Ball gone, look at the time🤔

Well gone I should say.

What do you get 5m scrum?

By the way Munster blew this themselves, but Glasgow should have gone 1 more ruck at least.

**** hell. No way I’d have thought at half time Munster lose that game.

Game got extremely frenetic and breakdown was a mess which really suited Glasgow. Glasgow’s 10,12,13 all had great games, and really gave them good go forward.

Feels very much like 2003 when we were all set for a Leinster - Munster European Cup final in Lansdowne Rd, and instead neither of us will be there. **** and frustrating day all around.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭tmc1963

Deserved win for Glasgow in the end - very controlled display in second half

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Wow fair play to Glasgow. Pity we saved one of worst performances for the semi.

Gutted with that. Way, way too many errors. Tuipilotu and Horne excellent. Had the winning of the game, but execution just not where it needed to be and silly penalties at bad times.

Casey had been a huge part of our winning run but just wasn’t at it today.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,468 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Just goes to show rugby can be a very frustrating game.

Poor year overall for Irish provinces, and it will be interesting to see if we can stop it from filtering into the test team.

Goodbye zeebs, Munster legend

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

Just not good enough. You should start with your strongest 15

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭durthacht

Hard luck Munster. It just didn't fall your way today, but your team has improved a lot in the last two years and will continue to get better next year.

Very disappointing that Leinster (my team) or Munster couldn't do it today.

I think both teams need more from their 10s. Crowley & Byrne unable to impact the games to the required level today. Crowley not at his peak yet but I think Byrne has peaked.

Snyman didn't offer much. Haley was kept quiet. Nash missed badly. Replacement front row didn't really offer much either. Beirne was immense as was Hodnett but two stellar performers is not enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭TheSunIsShining

Would be a 5m scrum as Glasgow took it over their own line. It is possible that the TV game clock was different from the official match clock. Anyway, Munster didn't deserve it. Cup rugby - and they didn't seem to realise that.

Advertisement