Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Snymans are(n't) Forever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭ujjjjjjjjj

Glasgow by far the better side, fair play. Can't really fault the result. Glasgow from 10-15 so much better all round and bar Taidhg Beirne the Munster forwards didnt dominate. Snyman had a final cameo to forget.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Shehal

One thing I would like to follow up on after the Leinster game is you are hearing all the opposition Munster/Leinster played hearing about how they "had a plan"…one question, where is the Irish "plan". It's like our opposition analysis us with a fine tooth Coombe but we don't ever do the same…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭letowski

We played way too much rugby in our own half, given how poor our attack was and the handling errors we were making. We should have just countered their kicking game, brought on Murray earlier.

That jammy try in the first half the difference, fitting from a Munster handling error.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,138 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Ugh.. gutted.

Can't make any excuses, a truly dreadful performance.

Beirne was immense, Loughman and Haley had good games. Hodnett was mostly great albeit gave away a number of needless penalties. The rest of the team bottled it.

Sorely missed Nash's pace out wide.

I wonder also was there just too much "trying to be clever" with the bench, etc. Attack all over the place in terms of cohesion, maybe would have been better to stick with the same 15 for the last few rounds and really gel. It's what worked last season.

Munster v Leinster in Thomond for the league would have been immense. Alas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭KaneToad

TV clock and match clock are frequently different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,633 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Hard luck guys. Was hoping you’d make it though but don’t think I’ll bother watching the final next week now. Not a good day at the office, (just like Leinster today). Two better teams on the day went through unfortunately.

On the upside a good end to the season for Munster and great to see the growth in Ahern, Crowley, Nash and a few others this season. Lot of young talent to come through next season too and fingers crossed Edogbo gets back to full health and form. Onto SA next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭roverjoyce

Listened on the radio and said 4/5 times POM looked tired

How can an Irish Captain not be able to play 80 mins in a club match

Maybe Quinlan will stop standing up for his buddies now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Agree they didn't deserve it, and probably would have lost a man down in ET anyway, but tmo always looks at the slightest foot in touch or groundings, is the official clock not linked now, or how do they sync them during games when ref stops and starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭VayNiice

Hard luck munster. I was gutted after leinster lost earlier, but at least now we can all get along as equals.

Hopefully a Leinster v Munster final next year

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

I noticed the ref never said "time back on" when resetting the scrums so they could well have been out of sync.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,641 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

It'd be unrealistic to expect the TV clock inaccuracy to be less than two seconds never mind one.

Munster v Leinster in Thomond for the league would have been immense. Alas.

Yeah. Third place playoff anyone?

Very frustrating to see both provinces feck it up against beatable sides. But both opponents were clearly better on the day. Plenty of questions to be answered about the Leinster coaching ticket (Leinster fan here)

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,138 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Narrator's voice: "But it wasn't even close to all the yips…"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I can't wait to read the final unforced error count, from Munster… what a sh!tshow.

Rory better not let me down tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Joma4good

Fair play to Glasgow, deserved the win on that second half performance and also no complaints about ref I thought he had a good game. Missed Nash and Thomas Ahern badly, we just seemed to tense up badly as game went on. Beirne was immense, shame it ended like this for Zebo but still a good end to the season in terms of both results and playing style given where we were around New Year. It’s been a long season and I’m proud and happy to see the progress made.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭Augme

Probably tired from trying to wind up the Glasgow players all game. He should have spent more time focusing on getting his own team in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭TheSunIsShining

A season that promised so much last summer, seems very flat at this stage. Six Nations or no Six Nations, a strong sense of a season that has very much flattered to deceive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭ersatz

Very disappointing not to get the chance to defend the title but not a terrible season for Munster. Work in progress and a flying end to the season bar today. I’m slightly worried for Ireland though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭LostArt

Unlucky folks, beaten by the better team on the day which is a feeling we know all too well. Probably a good season overall for Munster given the injuries throughout the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭crisco10

me too, a season where a lot of games are won by big margins but when it gets tight the team in red/blue/green have lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Ireland beat SA by one score

Leinster beat saints by one score

Leinster beat LAR by one score

Ireland beat Scotland by one score

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,209 ✭✭✭✭phog

Very disappointed in how we lost that game, it was almost a game of two halves, we owned the ball in the first half, playing in the right half but couldn't get a score, then a knock-on and Glasgow score from the turnover, their defence won the game from there.

Glasgow played a very intelligent game once they got their nose ahead, it's annoying when you're losing but thems the breaks.

Overall, it was great run in to the knock out games but losing Carbery meant we were over reliant on Crowley for 80 mins in what were very physical games.

Shame we didn't have a final in Thomond for the likes of Zebo but at least he got to bow out on his terms and in Thomond Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Thought the crowd were very good today. Did all they could for the players.

Some very disappointing performances but credit Glasgow. They didn't make many errors at all and managed the game very well.

Another game where we gifted scores and looked a bit aimless inside opposition 22.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭decies

unfortunately performances last few weeks showed that we needed a good performance to get the job done instead we got one of the worst performances of that great run . I got to watch a lot more Munster matches this season then last season and I really enjoyed the run sadly we know we are better then today and didn’t do ourselves justice. Such is sport regroup and go again .

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭Cateym

I think Casey was concussed after that slap to the head. He was noticeably not with it at the base of a couple of scrums.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Madeoface

Zebo had a terrible game tho. He was probably there for a high ball strategy that Glasgow didn't use and they ran around him without being touched.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

Zebo had a grand game, he could have kicked a couple of balls in attack but the try they scored came from a missed tackle by O’Brien in the centre and Zebo had to chase back and made a last ditch tackle on the try line, wouldn’t fault him for that try at all.

We lost the game from mistakes at the lineout and a few breakdown penalties, and a spilled ball that they gathered and scored from.

The team played brilliantly in the first half but just messed up too often to capitalise on the scoreboard.

We lost by a break away try against the run of play, and went down fighting in the dying moments on their try line. Had it been possible to win it with a drop goal at that point we would probably have won.

Proud of the effort all season and lost today but not for the lack of effort or endeavour by the coaching team. That’s sport, Glasgow weren’t bad today, they got one good try, hope they can give Bulls a fright next week.

I think you're looking for a reaction, you ain't getting it from me.

💯 Pretty good summation of the game, esp on Zebo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Zebo Was fine but nothing more or less.

Munster lost that game because in particular their half backs were poor and a few of the forwards were virtually non existent. Glasgow played a quarter of the game with 14 men and Munster couldn't take advantage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,586 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Zebo has struggled on the wing since returning to Munster, he has looked much better at 15. That’s why losing Nash was so critical, we lost our best fullback and winger in one go.

Advertisement