Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Open 2024- Pinehurst No. 2- 13th to 16th June

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

that run off is nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Of all the golfers I'd like to win this, Hatton would be very near the bottom of the list. He's playing worryingly well but he'll surely blow up at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,349 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Well he almost dunked one for eagle, literally have to repair the hole. Ball hit flag then spun bout 20 yards back into the bunker

He then proceeded to bogey that and the next 2.

Poor shots by all of Rorys group on 5th (their 14th)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Big par for Rory there, 7s for Scheffler and Xander..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭moycullen14

Is it me or does scottie look a bit disinterested?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,889 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

bryson finishes with a birdie, 1 off the lead. has been in some form in majors this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Feel like Sky are massively under playing the cut line with half the field yet to play. It easily hits +5 and +6 is in with a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Frustrated would be the word I'd use. Haven't seen him this aggravated in, well forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭cosatron

Great course set up today. A par feels like a birdie on some holes.

• Advertisement

Lots of fun around the greens. I reckon I'd be double figures on each hole; three shots, seven putts/chips. 🤣

That's if I'm lucky.

Pendrith came a cropper on the 9th. Bunker shot ran off the other side. Chip didn't climb high enough and ran back to his feet. Went with the putter and it barely clung on. Some wag in the crowd called out "Run, Run and mark that". 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 14,487 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

This Aberg kid looks like he is going to be a top golfer. Seems to have everything in his game, if he has the temperament, he’s going to win a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Trampas

Only 60 and ties make the cut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Poor Seamus Power is having a mare. Two doubles on the bounce. He will be having the weekend off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

• Registered Users Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Jesus, tuned out for a few hours - what's happened to the commentary?? DeChambeau shooting the breeze with some half-assed "comedian"???

• Registered Users Posts: 14,487 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

with surgical gloves on when holding that old club, what a dick

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Trampas

Mckibbon with a lovely long birdie on 18 to likely make weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,944 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Pity they're teeing off so late.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Sounds mean but I'm glad Tiger missed the cut. The guy is a legend. But he can barely bend over. He is such an amazing competitor but do we need to see every single shot?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,944 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Fair play to McKibbin making the cut, bonus territory now.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Some big names (aside from Tiger) missing the cut: Victor Hovland, Rickie Fowler, JT, DJ (although he hasn't been great lately), Jason Day, Will Zalatoris, Justin Rose, Max Homa and Robert McIntyre. Some of those with much higher scores than Tiger.

Scottie Scheffler, Matt FitzPatrick and Brooks Koepka barely made it.

Edit: Just saw that Frankie Molinari made the cut courtesy of an ace on the 9th (his 18th).

Post edited by CMOTDibbler on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,915 ✭✭✭Xander10

not many birdies from the early starters. probably a day for hanging tough and staying in the mix for Sunday

Yeah, only four under par for today out there as it stands. Matt FitzPatrick is +9 after 15, Frankie Molinari not far behind him at +7. Some carnage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,819 ✭✭✭Panrich

So Tom McKibbon will have either Koepka or Scheffler keeping him company tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

that Morikawa score could look good in a few hours time

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Lip Out

Coverage tonight is brutal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Im going to break my television.

Rolex hour, can't show where a wedge shot finished, can't show any of Rory's shots.

WTF are they doing!!

If the host broadcaster isn't fully up and running, you can't have your bogus hour!

Advertisement