Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2024 All Ireland Senior Football Championship (Sam Maguire Cup)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭YabaDabaDooley

Very strong when have a full compliment. Nice team to watch, also. Another county, like Donegal, who have the ability to win an All Ireland imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭growleaves

But there's a sort of rough continuity from ancient kingdoms through the divisions made by Cambro-Norman knights in the 12th century to the 19th century British administrative 'official' designated counties. These county divisions are not wholly arbitrary.

One ancient division that still seems easy to appreciate is that Louth used to be a part of Ulster in the days of Táin Bó Cúailnge. Some Louth people have strong Ulster accents now.

_

Though I am a Dublin supporter, I find it is more exciting when Mayo play well rather than flop so I hope it's a good competitive game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭threeball

Time for the GAA to put an end to teams acting the bollox at half time. Tell them when they have to be back on the field. If they don't show, just throw the ball in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,236 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Never understand management keeping lads in the dressing room beyond the designated time at HT.

Pent up emotion coming back out to the field then.

Sports worth billions, with way more at stake professionally, don't act the eejit that way.

Galway with some poor execution this half. McDaid poor effort with left foot into keeper, Finnerty with a poor wide and then a fisted effort bouncing back off the crossbar and Shane Walsh a miserable effort into keepers hands. Four handy scores missed. Game could/should be out of sight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Staleturnips

Little energy from Armagh.

Hard to even see any of them working up enough passion to commit some scumbaggery act to get sent off, most surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭LetticebCivil

Disappointing game overall. 2nd half has at least been somewhat better but it was a low bar.

What a clanger by Galway keeper. Armagh right back in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Looked to be boring its way to an inevitable end and Galway have just handed a very blunt Armagh a lifeline.

Galway's sloppy shooting coming back to haunt them now. Got to put teams away when you have the foot on their neck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,569 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I wouldn't blame Galway at all. It is Armagh to blame. Galway hitting few wides accurate good shot choice, smart use of the ball.

I have come to conclusion that they are either just not very intelligent footballers. So many wides poor movement etc. Or else McGeeney tells them to play like this. Maybe it is a combination of both?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

I think for the sake of everyone watching the ref should have locked Armagh in the dressing room.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭LetticebCivil

Creativity dying as teams are over coached in my opinion.

Good second half all the same. Exciting stuff. Didnt think that was a free just now to Galway.

Got to give it to McGeeney and Armagh. They have recovered well from Ulster final heartbreak. Beating Derry away and coming back like that against Galway. Shows they have some resilience. Galway will be kicking themselves.

Galway should have coasted home. Two huge mistakes from Gleeson. Then Culhane who isn't county standard is put on and takes on the chance after several senior players turning down chances so they could play down the clock. Kickouts are really hurting Galways chances of progression

Nah I don't buy that at all Armagh made it hard for themselves unnecessarily and got lucky. They think they can play like Italy in the soccer is it? Only difference is they negate their own threat ansl rarely offer their own. Frustrating team to watch.

Of all the teams left I would love Dublin to play Armagh. Nearest thing to a gimmie that you could get IMO. Poor shooting, shot choice, poor movement. They will keep ball unnecessarily and rarely break. While Dublin would pick off points.

I agree with that. I don't see any Dublin attacker coming through the conveyer belt that is an Alan Brogan type of off the cuff player. I am jealous of Tyrone with the sons of God.

Looks kike a big Dublin crowd have made the trip west. The stand shown on tv and terraces awash with blue.

Problem is they are very reliant on Comer and Walsh. Plus Comer is an injury waiting to happen or injured. If I remember in last years championship game for Galway. Both Comer and Walsh had off days. So Galway were in serious trouble.

• Advertisement

Both teams seem pumped up driven on by the crowd in the early stages. Has the makings of a good match.

Dublin getting scores far easier.

Conroy very headless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭MFPM

2 bad misses by Dublin Scully and O' Callaghan.

Decent contest. Both sides very sloppy at times.

Mayo almost totally reliant on O Donoghue and he only has a right foot so everything on the right wing is a lottery.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,255 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

What an anticlimactic format

Dublin not looking like a team that's ahead of the pack at the moment.

Not a very impressive half by Dublin. Looked a bit flat. No real pace. No goal chances created. Need big improvement second half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,236 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Any end product and he'd have Dublin on the ropes. Destroying his direct marker. W

Advertisement