Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Comerman

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Marrooned

ye heyyyyyyyyy

Jaysus Comerman I saw you there tonight your one handsome man.

Why thank you sir 😎 I saw you giving out as usual 😂

jaysus am I always giving out ? That’s what they do be telling me at home, I need therapy.

• Advertisement

anyway the minors are out Sunday, they will probably be underdogs but look if we go down fighting we can’t ask for more and these lads are mostly underage next year.
    one o clock in Thurles see you all there

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Box to box

Well done to everyone for organising last night. Only a bit of running and drills and shots and things like that. What was great was the players and derek lined up behind the wire with markers to sign autographs and selfies with youngsters. Im the first to give out but this was definitely a good move and even the social media is improving. Sean flynn of tipp was on a podcast during the week and he said kk are doing alot behind the scenes and underage.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭lim4ev

You're at it again just because limerick schools don't win many all Ireland school finals or minor all ireland's ( though we've been close in minor a few yrs) unlike St kierans with their pick of the county.

You make it out as if without money this limerick team would be at nothing as if its all bought and poor kilkenny and the rest can't compete.

The fact remains this team is made up of mostly 3 very good u21 teams made up of all Ireland winners in 15 and 17 and losing semi finalists to the champions of 2011 by a point or so. I challenged you on this before.

Now that's not to say funding doesn't make a difference it does but to make out that its the sole reason is just plainly incorrect.

By the way you seem infatuated about schools and minor results galway won was it 4 minors in a row it didn't do much good for them .

This is in response to alonzo mosely's post

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Village87

To have the great teams and success that Limerick are having now and Kilkenny 15/20 years ago you need the perfect storm.

1. Generational players (both teams certainly do)
    2. Competitive squad
    3. Top management
    4. Funding and backing of the county board.

The structures were in place for both teams to succeed. Very hard to win without top talent as we can see in Galway and Tipperary now.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭jimmythesulk

Dont listening to that fella. He talks some crap and loves blowing up young players into the next big thing just cause they won some easy schools competition with Kierans. Under 20/21 and fitzgibbon cup is where intercounty hurlers are made. This Limerick team is the greatest of all time and that breathes jealousy.

• Advertisement

Yes of course all true I agree totally winning at schools, minor or at any level helps of course it does but it isn't the only metric and to suggest because they didn't win at that level and some guru with buckets of cash can turn them into some of the greatest players that ever played the game is just silly.

It's 40 yrs since we won a minor all Ireland have been in a few we lost including to yerselves in 2014 its a record I wouldn't be too proud of but our record in the 20/21 grade is right up there maybe not at the top but very decent and those three 21s team are the nucleus of our current team.

As I keep saying all the stars aligned for us in so many ways

• Registered Users Posts: 4,161 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Jeez Jimmy I had mistaken you for a Kilkenny man all along. Hadn’t twigged you were Tipp until now

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭jimmythesulk

That's a low blow. It's ok to acknowledge how great this present Limerick team are. Unlike Alonzo, marooned and greenspurs not all of us have to be sore losers and accuse them if this and that. I was very proud of how our seniors gave everything they had against them the last two years, just beaten by class in the end. And that's what Limerick are, with by far the best manager and best coach in the game. Their time will come to an end eventually like all great teams but for now why not acknowledge their greatness.

I don't want to make this a love in but kilkenny are the county I admire most ,why? They play the game no histrionics in general they'll take a hit give plenty and of course yer records are second to none. Plus it's a small county population wise, we'd have bigger but too many sports played up here.

I love beating ye because of the respect I have for ye and the credence it gives

Greatest teams? Not too bothered I want to win this yrs all Ireland and if that confirms limerick are the greatest that's great but more importantly its another all Ireland.

I think I'm correct when I say when we won in 73 that was our 7th to yours 18th. When we won our 8th ye were at 36.

Best of luck to the Minor squad tomorrow 👌

ye i would love to see these young lads beating Vlare to set up a final with Tipp.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭hogans heroes

Based on the result yesterday the leinster minor form looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭BQQ

disaster of an opening 10 mins

hit seven or eight wides including a penalty and two goals conceded

could still win it if they settle down

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭conor05

Minors have thundered back into it with a quick 1-1 from play.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭jamesbond2022

I think the end Clare are shooting into in the first half must be the scoring end hopefully kk have similar joy in the second half 🤣🤣

• Advertisement

Fair play to management in the minor they are really churning out the best with this team. Good style of play and good character. Great to see

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Why would you go short there. Awful decision

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Freneys Treasure

Short puck out, followed by not trying to keep position from a line ball, cost us the win there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭kksaints

Some equaliser in fairness from the Clare player. Thought there was overcarrying by Clare in the build up to it tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭BQQ

three points up we had an easy point and went for goal - hit it straight at the keeper

Would have been game over

Much the better team- should get the job done in ET

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Mad about baa baas

The injury to our centre back changed the game..raggett coming in really steadied the ship. hopefully drive on now

Mullen and o Donovan seem to have a bit of class

Outrageous galloping out of Henderson. Some chap when he gets going down the sideline

Congrats to everyone involved. Well deserved win.

Some of them subs made a great impact. That copy of Huw Lawlor was excellent when in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭blackcard

Fully deserved win. Looked to be in big trouble after conceding 2 early goals and hitting 8 wides and missing a penalty. Massive improvement from the team that were easily beaten by Dublin though they hit a lot of wides in the first half of that match also. Serious character shown today

Advertisement