Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2022/2023

19495969798100»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 berry2020

Yes. 12 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Katie.qxo

Has anyone got a place as of last night in the July intake of this summer??

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hazel007

Has anyone had to repeat the eye test ?

I got an opticians report which put me above the standard but now have to do the eye test again.

Is the repeat one any different to the one at CHI ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Liverpool !!

Is There any September intake group chats ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭leheaven

Is there a September intake? I would’ve thought October

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭RarePhilosophy

Generally there is an intake every 11/12 weeks. 11 weeks after July 1st would make it 16 of September. Could also be later.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Liverpool !!

I defend but they emailed and told me they will be in touch with the September intake .

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ola.g

hi, just wondering if anyone has done their local garda station interview? I have one tomorrow, any tips?Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭RarePhilosophy

Local interview is more of a chat. They Might ask , why did you apply , what’s your family background , anything we should know about regarding vetting (you or families past interactions with police), what friends do you hang around with ect.

They will also ask for social media usernames (any ones publicly linked to your name Facebook,instagram,Snapchat ,twitter)

It’s also a great chance to ask questions like (what would my day look like as a new recruit ect. )

• Advertisement

is there anyone still here from 2022 campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dan90M

yep ,waiting on vetting

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dan90M

Are you 2022 @leheaven

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20 abz54

is anybody still waiting to get In from batch 9??
    I’ve completed all the stages , last year. I just have to repeat my medical this month as I got a new diagnosis with some medication.

Is anyone in the same boat?
    and when should I expect a call for an intake? Would it after my medical review?

Any advice I really appreciate it x

• Registered Users Posts: 13 joco12

Hi, does anyone know if you have a medical history of hearing loss in one ear but (hopefully) pass the audiogram on the day of medical that you’ll still pass? Just wondering when they contact gp that gp will say how I’ve had a history of hearing loss in one ear since birth. I was thinking if getting a bone anchored hearing aid for that ear if it would be helpful… I have managed my hearing loss throughout my life and it hasn’t affected my day to day living.. Not sure who to contact to find out this information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20 abz54

is anybody still waiting to get In from batch 9??
    I’ve completed all the stages , last year. I just have to repeat my medical this month as I got a new diagnosis with some medication.

Is anyone in the same boat?
    and when should I expect a call for an intake? Would it after my medical review?

Any advice I really appreciate it x

• Registered Users Posts: 13 berry2020

Hi

Sorry to be the one telling you. But if you have any hearing loss what so ever the CMO will not sign off on it.Hearing aids are also not aloud as a trainee.

Iv been to court over all this. And still no luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14 tomc796

does anybody know do they check your medical history with your doctor or is it only there own medical review they do on you? Or do they do both?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Red devil 77

They will ask for clinical reports signed and dated by your doctor for any health conditions/medications you have

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14 tomc796

when you mean clinical reports is that just asking the doctor if your fit and healthy or do they look for your medical history? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 22 SkyBoy69

I'm pretty certain they can't access your medical history due to GDPR the medical letter we had to get signed should be sufficient for them. Im waiting currently from the 23 competition, everything wrapped up since March and no offer has been made, I might have to pull out to be honest because this waiting around is insanity.

Advertisement