Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,161 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Started this, finally. I love the aesthetic of the world and characters. The driving (with my first car) is weighty and feels good. The little combat I've tried so far feels decent.

But the menus and inventories, some serious visual vomit. I hate navigating them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,161 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Enjoying the gameplay so far, except the braindance mission. Jesus, what a load of rubbish.

I really hope it isn't a significant part of the game but judging by how much effort they seem to have put into it, it probably is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

There's a few of them but I thought they were reasonably spread out for the most part.

They can get fierce annoying though if your just stuck looking for one clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Corvo

I've done about 4 playthroughs now and I dread them, though I enjoyed them the first time round

• Registered Users Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Didn't get phantom liberty when it came out so hope that get's a discount for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,797 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I've finally gone back to this for a fresh playthrough in the hopes that i enjoy it enough to get Phantom Liberty next time it drops in price. I went with male nomad and about to do the heist mission so still very early on. The problem is I'm finding female V such a better voice actor that i feel like starting over again as her. I already cleared the game once as female v streetkid romancing Judy so i wanted to try it different this time but I'm not feeling it.

Also trying to decide on a build and i keep coming back to Samurai on a motorbike.... same as my female v build, I'm so bad at trying new things.

Saying that, the 2.0 and greater update has been brilliant so far, lot of little and big improvements.

Loaded into my end game of my first playthrough, Embers, and was hit with a ton of messages, updates, i was over encumbered by 40, perks reset (obviously) and felt this update definitely suits a new playthrough. I only read about the secret ending today and see you need at least 70% synergy with Johnny, I have 60, and read it gets stuck on 60 unless you answer a very specific set of questions on a specific early mission with him, supposedly the best ending though.

The synergy % is a different thing, it doesn't relate to being friends with Johnny which is what you need for the secret ending. Synergy is how far along you brain is whatever'd with the chip. A lot of sites even now push the 70% but it's not true.

Also doing Phantom Liberty after you've become friends with him give a lot of significantly different dialogue.

You become his friends in on mission chippin in, and then at the end you've to not choose between the 2 options before he offers another option.

If you die in the secret ending there's no redo, it autosaves so if not sure about it make a back up of the save first.

• Advertisement

Ah so i could still get it, interesting!

Can't remember if it was that mission but i remember specifically Johnny asking for full control and i was like no chance. Took ages thinking about it and then decided to give it a go and I'm so glad i did. I feel like people who shut him out at every opportunity miss out on some golden scenes and moments.

I had done everything for Johnny, every side bit, played the gig, found all his stuff and i was tram Johnny by the end of it, such a great journey with him. I only completed the game once but i can't remember what i chose. I ended up leaving the city with Judy anyway so good ending i think.

If you did the rouge date mission (blistering love) then you have a 50:50 chance to have the option to do the secret ending, there's 2 dialogue routes to get that mission with rouge when talking to Johnny and one also does the secrete ending.

Yeah, did that mission alright. I actually started a new playthrough with female v again and instantly enjoying it more than male v. Also, my 1st playthrough was tainted with a bug where i didn't get any side quests or gigs. I thought the game was just a bit empty and i got to embers point of no return and was like WHAT!? Where was the side stuff like Johnny's quests, romance quests, the gigs i had read about etc. turns out it was a rare bug where all side content got bottle necked and forums said to just keep sleeping, fast travelling and driving around to unlock them. I spent 3 nights in a row trying this and nothing so i was done with the game, didn't even want to complete the last mission. Decided to move onto something new but said i works try one more last time. Booted up the game, slept, fast travelled and boom, the floodgates opened and i was getting continuous calls and messages about stuff. I went off and did most of them and really enjoyed the content but still felt off.

Hoping a new playthrough where i can do all these things organically in between main missions will help the game flow better this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,959 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Disappointing to hear maleV isn't as good as femV, because Panam…

Now, I might be slightly biased because of how great a character Judy is and I wasn't pushed on Panam at all. If Judy swung both ways, I might have given Male V more of a shot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,959 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I don't think my pc is capable of running Cyberpunk at an acceptable level to, ahem, appreciate the mods. XD

Re: Judy or Panam, I thought they were both very well written and depending on the character you're playing either would be more suitable. But I'm an equal opportunities lover. Neither Judy or Panam are though.

I think most of those got taken down off Nexusmods. Nexus don't seem to allow them, not just for cyberpunk but all games. Remember seeing it for the bioware games too.

For cyberpunk I think you'd just have to enable it in a command, but then the mods fixed all the animation and text differences.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

They're not restricted - https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/2782?tab=description

Just to be clear I'm not pushing that all characters should have to swing all ways. At the end of the day they're just pixels and writing so to me this is about the genders not locking you out of some of the story content or RP you want to follow (even minor).

Man, just finished chapter 1 and hooked all over again. Decided on a fast katana build with a touch of net running. Following a loose guide so I'm not missing out on stuff like i never realised that you can save Brick and also get a savage katana on the roof of Arasaka tower (which definitely helps my cyber samurai build). Picked up Arasaka's son (i think) suit and overcoat which i didn't think I'd give a second look but it's a class outfit.

The slashing is definitely improved after 2.0 as well as my last playthrough, humans wouldn't bleed when i hit them with katana, instead sparks would fly off them, looked stupid.

The AI is still awful though. NPC's randomly run away in fear when I'm walking/running along the street, no weapons drawn. Start of chapter 2, after car is crashed, i walked past a gang of tiger claws with nice bikes. They didn't like me gawking at their bikes so they opened fire on me, right beside a cop. I ran behind the cop hoping he would take care of them as i didn't feel like getting a wanted level. Too bad, instant wanted level for being shot at and the cop joined the gang in trying to kill me, the only person with no weapon out. I took one of their bikes and off i went. I really hope they sort out the AI for the sequel.

Your right they're not all banned.

The Judy is banned, so are a few for some other games like the Bioware games.

Nexusmods Mods apparently just have a problem with making a gay character straight/bi.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Corvo

Zero-Cool, I found it very hard to stay away from a katana build and I've had numerous playthroughs now. It's just too much fun when you mix it up with Sandivistan, double jump and speed boosts etc. Its worth going through the side gig to get Bayako, its the best sword in the game in my opinion.

I did do a full Netrunner playthrough and it was quite fun for awhile but becomes so overpowered its crazy (although all builds end up overpowered eventually)

Glad to hear you are enjoying it again, its truly an amazing game

Yeah, at the moment, I'm mostly using Katana and either pistol or shotgun. Surprisingly, my pistol is wrecking people where as my AR's and smg's sure useless. I wasn't planning on pistol being my main long range but it's working out. Definitely having a ton of fun with the game again. Not only punching Fingers this time but slicing him up as well was hugely satisfying.

I have Jackies bike as my main transport, definitely gonna stick to bikes, will acquire something as slicker eventually. Thanks for the tip about Bayako, will definitely keep an eye out for it.

Phantom Liberty is on sale on psn, down to 24 euro. Worth a punt at that? I won't be playing it just yet, maybe another month before i get to it so might wait for the next sale but doubt it will go much lower than that price for a while yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭Cordell

It's absolutely worth 24 euros

I took a break from CP to play Elden Ring DLC but went back to it today to see if i should get Phantom Liberty and I'm really leaning into getting it before it goes back to full price on Wednesday. It's bad how many side quests in getting, like a completely different game to my first playthrough. I'm still not sure how to build my character though. I'm really enjoying speed, dashing, katanas and pistols. Find myself doing a good bit of parkour and crazy jumps off roofs even though my legs don't like it. Is there a perk for fall damage or is it cybernetics? Going above, i should be putting points into reflex, cool, tech and strength? Feel like you should connectable on 2 areas early to unlock better perks?

Anyway, the Bike and Blade combo is badass

Decided to get Phantom Liberty. I thought i wouldn't get to it until near end game but I've read a few places that an ideal place to start is after the voodoo boys story mission which I'm just about to complete so it's great timing. However, a few people said to do all the main and side quests up until meeting Hanako at Embers so not sure when to start it. I was thinking of doing the Judy quest and romance to finish and then staying PL.

• Advertisement

So I'm getting quests thrown at me left right and centre and tons of gigs and side jobs. I hadn't seen about 80% of this in my first playthrough when no side stuff activated. Anyway, not only ate the gigs short and fun, they're just throwing money at me. I was so broke in my first playthrough, as i had no income from side stuff, that i just ended up with mantis arms and no other cyber wear, cars or apartments as i couldn't afford them. Now in much more comfortable and able to splash out in goodies.

I finally tried the sandevistan OS and as cool as it is, i didn't realise it would take away my quick hacks. I'm trying to go the cyber ninja route but realised how often i use quick hacks so still struggling on what kind of build I'm hoping to go with.

For Phantom Liberty, i read the level cap has been doubled so possibly be expert in more areas now? Also, the reset attributes option, is that a 1 time deal?

Advertisement