Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Butterbeans

Great win, well done to all involved!

Am I right in saying the final is Saturday 29th June? Has a venue been named?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 neverbet

Has to be the most impressive underage team we have produced for quite a while. Allied to their hurling ability is serious pace something that has been lacking in our younger teams in recent years. The introduction of Raggett no matter how it came about changed the game , he was outstanding. The two semi finals went to extra time and were exceptional in standard. Well done to players and management.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Marrooned

Brilliant win today they worked hard and got there rewards some scores today you wouldn’t see the likes of anywhere. Also I keep harping on about supporting the team today well we had a great crowd up there today wore the colours and roared there team to victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭jamesbond2022

Great win for the minors such character shown from such young men

Looked in big trouble in the first half but adjusted things and got on top towards the end of the half credit to management on making the changes and figuring out Clare

Dollard going off and raggett coming on really positively affected the game strangely

It’s just great to see a Kilkenny team full of running and pace especially in the backs

Roll on the all Ireland

ye Louis Raggett was out standing also the two midfielders came into the game big time in the second half and contributed five points from play,and what can you say about OLLIE superstar in the making, two super subs Lacey and Cian Byrne and in general the players dug it out after a yoeful start hitting Eleven wides in the first half, but we’re still probably the best hurlers.Lets not leave out the management all I can say is that they did there job well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Peter Pot

Great result, congrats to all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Comerman

Excellent result and well done to the players and management. Some brilliant players there and have to tip my hat to all especially Henderson, Raggett and Ollie also great to see a Comerman/chap getting the MOTM award considering some posters didn't think they should be on the panel at all 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 14,563 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Is the guy that kept mouthing about the Minor Management still around?

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mullinr2

Any recent record between Tipp and Kilkenny minor teams, like challenge games, Celtic challenge games? Would we be the stronger team? Important title to win given its been 10 years since our last win. Lost a few finals along the way.

Nah, he/she/it/they will be back if they lose the final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭blackcard

Using Clare as a barometer, there should be little between the teams. At that age, performances can vary a lot. But coming from 8 points down with things not going well will stand to them

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

A lads you would love what ever we breed into these lads who pull on a Kilkenny jersey.

I saw mini lawlor , blanchfield ,Mullen and Donovan buggy lacey just thought they were great

These chaps are so young but the character just came through. Offaly can get swept up in euphoria but we shouldn't forget what we produce out of clubs in Kilkenny.

Tipperary minor team would have been favourites from the beginning of the provincial championships, but as someone has said anything can happen at minor level.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 upnorth

He’s around but HE ( John Cougar)won’t be back….. Huge congrats to the players and management

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

they have timed the run perfectly and peaking now , great game today , i didnt make it down to thurles but it was a serious game of hurling our lads have exceeded all expectations this year , our best player mark o brien got a bad injury in the group stage but mark rodgers younger brother stepped up to the plate until an off the ball incident today, and given that he didnt complain too much i imagine he knew his race was run

even when clare were 5 or 6 points up kilkenny were still playing well but just lacked composure , the penalty miss a perfect example , some of the scores in the second half were incredible from both sides , especially for 17 year olds , i was very impressed with that young buggy lad in midfield , the lad hr was marking was taken off before being reintroduced in extra time , has been one of our best players this year and seen as a huge prospect for the future

tipperary have a very impressive set of forwards , they are also that bit more physical then us so it will be another serious battle in the final

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Huge well done to the minors today especially after the very slow start. Lets all hope they jump the final hurdle in 2 weeks time. There was talks this evening of tossing for home venue but it will probably be in portlaoise. The day they played dublin in the park was a real turning point. The talk that went on here was way over the top as it always is after any kind of a bad result. The same lads were saying the offally u20 team was very average.Alot of these chaps are only 16 years of age.Management came under the spotlight but to be fair to everyone they got things fairly right and reacted .Theres still work to do to win this final. 20 wides and 11 in the first half will put anyone under huge pressure. isnt it great to see some really good chaps working so hard for the jersey. That is just built into everyone that puts on the jersey and long may it continue. A win the next day would be great but anything could happen when these two teams meet in a final.

Our underage teams are definitely better prepared now compared to the last 10 years. Talking to a few lads involved with the 20s it was very dissapointing and its definitely one that got away.Mullen was double marked for most of the game but still got away with 4 points. Henderson is a absolute dinger but it was a squad effort today and everyone can be very proud so lets get behind these lads for the final and give them the support they deserve. These lads are the future and hopefully a good few will make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Village87

Brookville I said that Offaly were average on the night against Kilkenny, I also said if Kilkenny management did not butcher the team and make a mess of Killian Doyle they could have won that match with a bit to spare. I did not knock the minors if you are referring to my comments . Name the poster you are referring too. I have consistently complemented minor management

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

Absolutely on the money. Unfortunately some, only a few thankfully, appear to get more mileage and enjoyment from a Kilkenny loss than a win. They profess to know so much about the club scene and hurling generally but they most definitely don't have their hearts in the right place. The rest of us are expected to apologise for any success we have, be it Kierans, our various clubs winning All Irelands, our under 20s against Limerick and so on. These few sados find some reason as to why the opposition lost. I sincerely hope we have continued success no matter how difficult it will be for them!

A terrific performance by the minors and a well deserved win. The heads could have easily dropped when things weren't going right for them in the first half. The Clare supporters were very vocal and the young hurlers could have found the noise intimidating but they responded in magnificent fashion. Huge credit to all the players and the management team who are using their vast knowledge and experience to improve these young players all the time. You just have to be proud of them.

Great to see P Lacey(scoring 2 points)been introduced after his awful injury in the first outing of the campaign. He was a big loss over the last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Sir Chaz

Great win for the minors who have come back really will from a disappointing loss to Dublin in the Park. Whatever management have done with them, they haven't looked back since. Thought they showed huge resilience yesterday after a very difficult start, and were probably 8-10 points a better team than Clare overall. Given that we had 8 under 16's starting, it really augurs well for the future. Well done to the players and especially to the management who have done a fantastic job. Some huge talent in that side.
    2 week break now and then 2 huge games to look forward to with Seniors on July 6th and Minor final the week before. H'on the Cats.

Id love to live in a world where all is perfect but unfortunately that is not the case, the same applies to hurling in Kilkenny, especially the county team and set up at times. A lot has gone wrong the past few years and some constructive criticism is very much needed.

• Advertisement

https://www.gaa.ie/article/upmc-nowlan-park-to-host-electric-ireland-all-ireland-minor-hurling-final?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR3YLGF-VVwIEDQdEuvpZokKVzLWC-WBtRIUTj8DL0G7KR90R1gbVgV6fBk_aem_ZmFrZWR1bW15MTZieXRlcw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Charlie69

Great win for the minors and nice to have the final in Nowlan Park. Would be hopeful of a bright future for some of those lads, young Phelan at full back looks like the real deal.

Brilliant. And Tipp wont mind coming to Nowlan Park, they won their last minor title there in 2022

Quality player, good in possession and good athlete.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Charlie69

Very impressed with him. Very good defender and what I really like about him is how well he uses the ball, always makes good decisions and gives great ball in to the midfield or forwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Nedflanders02

Is he a son of Martin Phelan who hurled full back with the Village when they won the club all ireland in 2005?

we should be doing an Offaly on it for the minor final. Pack the stadium with KK supporters because if Tipp smell success they will come in there droves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭tibruit

I hope the management have a good psychologist to take the youngsters heads out of the clouds because that`s where they`re going to be if they`re reading what`s being said about them here.

• Advertisement

Yeah, the kids are all about Boards these days.

Advertisement