Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Blut2

It's the European Commission publishing the figures, they're not wildly speculative numbers from some randomer.

But even if they're off by a 10-20% overestimation (which is very unlikely) we'd still be talking about population growth of approx 150,000 in a year, when we built 32,695 housing units in that same year.

The maths are awful on that alone, nevermind health, schools, local services etc, or any cultural/assimilation issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭gaa goes

I think the big thing to come out of this weekend election results is the power and influence of the media. FFG can count on their media friends in the national media.

The attacks against SF by the likes of Hugh O Connell, Philip Ryan and Fionnan Sheehan over the weekend were an absolute disgrace and they went round to the likes of Newstalk, RTE and Today FM to express how “dire” SF did and how great it is that FFG are doing. And they were unchallenged in how their articulated their views too. I used to despise SF but after hearing all those sound bites, I have completely turned against the two govt parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke III

Isn't that the media analysis of this election everywhere (and an accurate one)?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Oxo Moran

As Frank Carson use to say, "It's the way I tell 'em".

FF/FG are actually down compared to the last (2019) local elections, while SF/SD/PBP and Aontu have gained seats.

FF 279 231 -48 -17.20%
    FG 255 232 -23 -9.02%
    SF 81 96 15 18.52%
    Labour 57 55 -2 -3.51%
    Greens 49 23 -26 -53.06%
    SocDems 19 35 16 84.21%
    PBPS 11 13 2 18.18%
    Aontu 3 8 5 166.67%

• Registered Users Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

Yes of course you did 😂

You do realise the new account created on boards, suddenly some random reason why you hate the government parties, now you have seen the light and voting for Sinn Fein

It's been done hundred times already

You need to try a new one from the playbook

• Advertisement

Is that why MLMD went onto the news to tell everyone the population are stupid and couldn't understand SF wasn't a government party 😂

You are a little late with this spin but it's funny to watch

If the facts don't suit, say something about shinners 😂Very Fine Gael.

FF/FG/Green lost seats. I know the spin would have you thinking otherwise.

What I said was true

Couldn't care less if they lost seats. Keep on grasping, it's funny to watch

Again, all I did was post facts. You can in whinging about shinners. Wrong thread.

FF/FG/Greens lost seats in these locals.

It's spin and it's funny

Goes along with this clanger you posted on this thread when in panic mode

Sad to see Fine Gael scrambling to jump on the anti-immigrant band wagon. Say what you like about them, they use to have a stance on such things, which at least gave the impression of a solid party.

Credit to Sinn Fein for not taking the easy route. They fought for immigrant rights for years and continue to do so. One of the few things they excelled at in my opinion.

Strangely enough all the well known SF online supporter accounts doing the exact same at the same time….mabe just coincidence

FYI the results are the results, anyone trying to claim they are a bad result for FF and FG clearly has no idea about politics or the last 5 years of it

• Advertisement

Robert Troy apologising for all the errors and saying he should have got help when he put his interests on the business register. Was he wandering around the corridors of power on his own like a lost first year student trying to find his class? Was he the only minister without special advisors? Could he not have contacted the think tank in the UK or team in India to help?

In his closing remarks, Hugh McDowell BL said no evidence had been called to dispute Deputy Troy's account and said he did not think the Commission can come to the conclusion that Mr Troy behaved in an intentional manner or that he intentionally sought to mislead.

Commenting at the end of today's proceedings, Adrian O'Higgins BL said that if the Commission does find there were breaches, that they were on the "inadvertent" scale and minor in nature, and certainly not intentional or reckless.

It's like pencils have erasers.

They could only prove he did it intentionally if he had confessed on record.

https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2024/0610/1454019-politics-troy/

• Registered Users Posts: 27,648 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Ah yes, the new mantra from Sinn Fein, only compare us to the last local elections.

Well, if you compare them to any other election (say 2014 local elections? or the 2020 general election?) Sinn Fein got a hammering, and if you compare them to their opinion poll ratings of 35% a few short months ago, they also got a hammering.

I am loving the SF reaction, it is Comical Ali stuff, we didn't do badly, when everyone knows they took a hammering. The people aren't fooled by SF anymore, and this stuff will only make things worse for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭howiya

I'd love if all this repetitive pro/anti SF crap could be posted somewhere else. Maybe a SF thread? Local election results thread?

It has very little to do with the thread title.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭Augme

I've been been surprised to see people talking about how the government should call a snap election. FG vote is down a massive 8% on their last European election bid and down 2% on the locals. That's not a party who wants to go into an election. higher turn out which a general election will have, is not going to favour government parties.

The question was on the way the media was reporting the results. That's what I commented on.

So you're going back two local elections now, because you wanted to find one where the shinners had done better. That's a fine obsession you have there.

All I said was FF/FG/Green losing votes was spun as a win, even with suggestions of calling an election early, such was the frenzy.

SF got hammered in the polls. In votes, FF/FG/Green lost votes, everyone else gained. That's it really. I suppose the FG social media team in India and the strategy team in the UK weren't so good.

The only conspiracy theory is all the troubled FF/FG/Green supporters thinking people taking votes over a poll is some kind of shinner conspiracy.

They don't give out council seats based on polls.

Take some advice from this guy:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

Deleted

Iv said it here before Joseph Goebbels on the tv and radio. No difference. Completely complicit on propaganda machine oiling and lubrication front. Any opposition to government policy is media scrutinised to the last. Worrying to say the least

Bloody boards

Why are you talking about nazi’s on an Irish government thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭LetticebCivil

I thought the Old Fine Gael party was more fans of Mussolini fascism than Hitlers?

• Advertisement

And BOOM

💥

F**k me but it’s predicable these days isn’t it? 😂😂😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭LetticebCivil

I just thought it was unfair to label FG as nazi.

Because nazi's exist but not in form you think. Far right. Far left. All the same to me.

Deleted

Post edited by Mr. teddywinkles on

True.

They would be more authoritarian than most, given the chance. Back when they were 'the law and order party'.

Maybe the hate speech bill is the new modern twist.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,648 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I stand over everything I said, you were cherrypicking one election to compare the outcome to.

I was comparing the outcome to the 2020 general election, which you seem particularly anxious to avoid.

I compared this LE to the last LE. You claimed that standard practice was 'SF mantra' which is bewildering to say the least. You went back to 2014 to try show SF had lost seats. That's cherry picking and what's more bizarre is comparing the 2024 LE to the 2020 GE, which I have no problem discussing as FF/FG lost seats then too, (SF/SD/Green/Aontu gained seats).

We were discussing how the results were being spun. The government parties, (this is the correct thread right?) are on a downward spiral and the Greens particularly are hemorrhaging support. Selling it as a win is Comical Ali stuff.

FF are shrewdly keeping a low profile. FG should be cutting ties with their Indian social media mob. Eamon Ryan telling the Healy Rae's that Kerry is going green is only mental.

Post edited by Oxo Moran on

If you want to go back to 2009, SF ended up with 127 councillors

2004, 127 councillors

Any further back?

In terms of social media, the only part running a mob is SF and based on the reaction since the Local elections instead of trying to calm them down they have gone into over drive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭pureza

But SF have 50% less seats than they had 10 years ago

By any Quantum,thats a terrible situation to be in for an opposition party

No denying that

Advertisement