Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭wassie

Same limits regardless of plan type for virtual cards. From the Revolut support

https://help.revolut.com/en-IE/help/cards/card-order/can-i-have-multiple-cards/

Maximum active cards

The number of active cards you can have at any one time depends on the card type.

- Physical: 12 active cards (Revolut Pro and Joint and Credit account cards count towards the limit)

- Virtual: 20 active cards

- Virtual single-use: 1 active card

You can only create 4 new virtual cards a month, including single-use cards. After you exceed this limit, you'll need to wait 30 days before you can create a new virtual card, even if you haven't exceeded your active limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

I started the process to order a new Revolut credit card this morning and it has been approved and already in my Google wallet ready to go in about 4 hours. The physical card will be here in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,216 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I just got invited to RevPoints.

The T&C are a little bit different depending on the plan you have an as Standard User you need to activate Spare change to even be eligble.

But if this really works, it's a nice way to earn avios.

Just make sure to read all the documentation because especially spare change is missleading, as it's not giving you the roundup into your savings but rather as points.

So you need to ensure you analyse your pattern before you click "accept", it's the usual Revolut wilderness in T&C.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Impressive.

Really shows how inefficient legacy banks are with their credit card application process. Asking for loads of data as that's what they asked for 20 years ago and nothings changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭beachhead

Revolut needs to beef up -wouldn't accept my credit union account.Not in their approved list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭Qrt

Was the application approved and then ask you for sign off or did it automatically generate? I’d like to apply to see what limit they’d give me but don’t want to accidentally put myself on the hook for the stamp duty

Those RevPoint to Airline Miles are quite attractive - AerLingus is a 1:1 for Avios (most airlines seam to be the same).

If you have an ultra plan, you can get 1 Point per 1 € which makes this even better rate then the 1:4 (or 1:1 for EI spending) that the Aer Lingus Credit Card is offering.

But even with the standard plan it's 1 point per 10€ which is better than nothing.

Plus, it looks likes like you can actually tripple dip with certain vendors, i.e. use Aer Shopping for Avios, use the Revolut Shop for Cashback and the Revolut Points for more Avios.

Shop for some retailers and get 5 Avios per Euro via Aer shopping, then 3% discount via Revolut Shop and 1 Avios per 10€ (or even more if you have a paid plan) and those Avios rack up.

Now the only thing I don't like is the "spare change" on the standard plan because that in my opinion is not necessarily a good deal. Sure, you get 50 Points per 1€ spared but you buy the points with it. Money is gone, so if you pay 1.01€ at a shop you will buy 49 points for 0.99€. But then again if you spare 80€ you can get 4000 Avios which is enough for a flight to Europe, so it might be fine.

But if you are on a paid plan, you clearly should try Rev Points !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Yes, they approve first very quickly and then you submit docs to complete the application.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Just a follow up here, I'm self emplyed and transferred my wages from Revolut Business to my Revolut today, nothing changed. I contaced support and they told me it needed to be from an external bank account, so looks like I'll have to do a transfer to/from my EBS very 34 days to keep it active.

A bit silly really as surely it's to revolut's benifit that I'm paying wages directly into revolut.

Only a slight invonvience anyway, would be less hassle if all the bank trasfers were instant, they were instant when i was living in the UK over 10 years ago, strange the the Ireland/EU are so slow to implement a similar system.

Wow, they now really push Rev Points (at least to me).

I got told that if I upgrade to Ultra on the 3-month reduced offer (45€ a month) and spend 2000€ in 90 days, i will get 10000 Rev Points and if I use the card 150 times (not really realistic) in 90 days, I will get an additional 3000 Rev Points.

In addition, the earnings ratio is 1 Rev Point per 1€ spend.

So, if I spend 2000€ in a month (which can happen) and then cancel Ultra (which I can as it's a trial) I get at least 12000 Avios for 90€.

10000 Avios cost 235€ if you buy them directly from Aer Lingus, therefore this is a steal!

This really makes me look at Revolut as the main spending tool again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭feargantae

Are you in Ireland? I thought they hadn't launched Rev Points in Éire yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭Justin10

I'm based in Ireland and signed up to rev points yesterday.

It's available in Ireland since 11 June, you should see it when you log in or if you go into Lifeystyle on the top right corner!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭feargantae

Ah, must be on a per user basis again. I updated to the latest version and it's still just the € cashback section in the top right of lifestyle!

Edit: Pretty much as soon as I posted I got a notification about Points! Seems it replaces the 10% Metal cashback on Stays which is disappointing as Revolut seems to use Expedia which often has the cheapest prices so the 10% extra is a bonus!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

I'm having a problem today transferring funds from BOI to Revolut. Usually when I do this, it just happens without me going to the BoI app, but sometimes I'm asked for the three digits on the back of the linked card. But today the process is different.

When I initiate it on the Revolut side with "Add Money", it now now brings up "Choose a bank to tranfer from" — the options are AIB, BoI and PTSB. I only have an account at BoI and it's the only bank one I've linked to Revolut. I select BoI and next it asks for three digits of my pin. But then it greys out for a few mins before I get an error message "Something's not right. Your request couldn't be completed. Please try again or return to Third Party."

I've had three failed attempts now.

Is anyone else having similar problems adding money from BoI?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Not a BOI customer but if a current account with a debit card you could do it via Google pay as another method while experiencing the issue?

Alternatively remove the account in revolut and start fresh.

How long does it take for transactions to transfer to revolut points anyone know?

Just double check the cancellation t&cs, I think they charge you an extra month for breaking the 12 month contract within 6 months, and you need to pay for the month with which you cancel .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Gooser14

When you retried the action did it ask for the same three digits of your pin? If not then I would suspect a scam where someone is trying to get hold of you full pin number.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,448 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Is good to be mindful of scams but this is internal on the app, unless they sideloaded the Revolut app from a dodgy website it's unlikely to be anything malicious.

This screens described are what you get when "Easy Bank Transfer" is selected when you add money in the app. Revolut are really pushing this cause it's free for them to use, whereas they incur a fee when you use a linked card to top up.

In the add money screen press "change" at the top and select the linked card to go back to the old method.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭crinkley

I'm getting the Rev points straight away but in the challenges where I need 150 transactions none of them are registering, is there a delay or some weird t&c where apple pay doesn't count and it has to be with the physical card?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,284 ✭✭✭markpb

I'd bet money that BoI are having an outage with their Open Banking API and since so few people use them in Ireland, they haven't noticed yet.

Tried to buy some holiday cash for home delivery (south east Asia so some markets don't always take card etc) and Fexco doesn't accept Revolut for payment.

Lady at Fexco on other end of the phone didn't know why.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭wassie

Carrying $US is the way to go in SE Asia. Never had an issue getting it changed anywhere and found I got reasonably decent local rates outside of the airports. Plus if you are stuck, a lot of locals will happily accept payment in $US - for a premium of course!

Yes, which is why I calculated it as "at least 12000 Avios for 90€" which is a month of fee plus the downgrade fee.

Still a bargain, with some of the Avios Redemtion deals!

For me there is a significant delay until a transaction shows up for the welcome bonus both for the amout and the number of transactions, it looks like actual payment complete day +1 and not when the authorization hit.

Do you mean how long does it take for Rev Points to be awarded?

My Points show up the day when the payment transaction is complete, i.e. a day or two after the payment was authorized depending on the store.

If you go into your Points balance and scroll down, you can see for which transactions you got the points rewarded.

In addition, in the main account view, you can click on a payment and see if you got points (or cashback), once the status of the payment is complete.

Yeah been before and prefer to take a bit of local currency, anyway used BOI Mastercard and just transferred money from Revolut to cover it.

Just thought it was bit odd they won't take Revolut card given its Visa debit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭beachhead

Euro notes are also,accepted.No need to lay out commission for buying USD.But bring e50 or e100 notes in uncirculated condition if possible.Smaller notes get a reduced exchange rate.The same applies to USD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 shanoh

Anyone thinking that buying revpoints makes sense needs to learn more about the floor value of avios. Worth reading up on headforpoints website. Bottom line it's not good value, you're buying at 2c and usually cashing in for about 1c.

Advertisement